LaunchBox Community Forums

Themes not working ?

Sebiohazard

Are you downloading them from the website and manually adding them to your directory, or using the "Manage Theme" menu inside of Big Box to apply new themes? Also by "don't work" could you elaborate? What is happening that shouldn't be? Are you getting an error message, does the theme just not look like what you expect it to?

aqui los temas los puedes mezclar, no son como en otros sistemas, es decir, puedes escoger un tema para la rueda de juegos y otra para la de plataformas e incluso otras por categoria, en el menu de big box es donde se aplican estos cambios y muy importante despues de cada cambio hay que entrar a opciones y despues a imagen y restaurar la memoria cache, sobre todo por los logos que a veces no aparecen, a mi ma a funcionado muy bien, solo creo que es un poco lento por la carga de graficos.

6 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Are you downloading them from the website and manually adding them to your directory, or using the "Manage Theme" menu inside of Big Box to apply new themes? Also by "don't work" could you elaborate? What is happening that shouldn't be? Are you getting an error message, does the theme just not look like what you expect it to?

Hello a simple example is the Unified Refried theme I installed it via the "Manage Theme" option & all console images are missing I don't understand why ? How do I get these images ?

9 minutes ago, Sebiohazard said:

It's crazy on this forum I never find help ???

Maybe you should explain your issue a bit better, as well as provide some images, your previous post is rather vague. Themes downloaded from within Bigbox include the images a theme will use.

16 hours ago, Sebiohazard said:

It's crazy on this forum I never find help ???

Your constant negativity probably doesn't help your case. It's the weekend as well so most of use this time to re-center ourselves and hang out with family, or take the rare opportunity to actually PLAY a game instead of stare at our library collection reminiscing of the good ole days where we actually got to play and enjoy the titles we've added to our collection.

Regarding your particular issue as Neil stated a screenshot of what you're seeing vs what you expected to see would help. MOST consoles have default artwork for banners and logos, but if you looking for background or video those typically need downloaded and added. I know Refried has artwork in the forums, I'm unsure if they are included in the theme itself though. If you're referring to the videos that play while hovering over a platform, those need downloaded via the Tool > Download > Download Platform/Playlists/Category Video tool.

• Like 1

Wasn't gonna add my my two cents. But after your last comment I have to. 

This isn't like buying a closed system like an Xbox or Playstation . And The themes are literally made by the community for the community. In that sense they aren't part of the product you pay for. Comments like yours is probably why big companies like steam or Sony never would go for it and need too tidly control their systems. 

If you ask nicely the community would gladly help you. But with that shitty attitude 

Edited by ALIE
  • Like 1

On 3/25/2022 at 10:04 PM, Sebiohazard said:

Hello a simple example is the Unified Refried theme I installed it via the "Manage Theme" option & all console images are missing I don't understand why ? How do I get these images ?

I would double check the installation section on the theme and make sure you have the files in correct locations. Refried is older theme (but I still use) so there are some steps you may have missed along the way, particularly if using the addons.  

On 3/26/2022 at 3:04 AM, Sebiohazard said:

Hello a simple example is the Unified Refried theme I installed it via the "Manage Theme" option

Unified Refried isnt even available to download in Bigbox, it's on the forums only, so i'm not sure how you are using the "manage theme" option to install it.

3 hours ago, DerSchlachter said:

I think tis is an extraction issue, look in to the Banner box folder is there another folder called Bannerbox? Did you copy the files in the correct folder struction?

image.thumb.png.d02dd12ef8568c0f9ba85fc1ffc3e204.png

Nope.

7 hours ago, Sebiohazard said:

Good evening, thank you for your answers !

Here are screenshots of Unified Refried theme for you to better understand my problem:

1652963521_BigBox-UnifiedRefried-001.thumb.png.8ebcfcbcbcdb12f75db9764e483d18cd.png

1301294649_BigBox-UnifiedRefried-002.thumb.png.595e301f82714dc24aaf0a47eef01cdf.png

& this problem appears with all the themes I downloaded... except one -> BannerBox... how to proceed ?

Ok, that is not missing images at all, a fulscreen video goes there, and you dont have one for CDI or C64, you can download platform videos from within Launchbox, or from the forums, here

Ok, that is not missing images at all, a fulscreen video goes there, and you dont have one for CDI or C64, you can download platform videos from within Launchbox, or from the forums, here

Hello, not at all, the images of the consoles are missing as a presentation ??? I don't want videos but images of consoles or computers...

2 hours ago, Sebiohazard said:

Hello, not at all, the images of the consoles are missing as a presentation ??? I don't want videos but images of consoles or computers...

As Neil stated, that theme doesn't SHOW images there. If you WANT a background image instead of video you will need a theme that does that for you. The preview images on the theme are showing a frame of a theme video playing in the background, that isn't a static image.

13 hours ago, Sebiohazard said:

OK what are the static themes in this case ?

I don't understand the interest of only putting background in jpg for the platforms, or the categories... I mean it has no soul, and it's very sad... A simple Raspberry pie and with a image could have done the job,

we have here one of the most active communities in terms of creation you should take a look in the video sections, it might make you change your mind...

In a secondly, your way of asking the question is somewhat aggressive, you clearly come to complain to the after-sales service... But here on the forums you will only find passionate people who create, share with the greatest respect!

In short, we're not really used to people shouting... So don't get upset, mister seb, we can't have everything, right away, be patient :)

For themes with classic console displays, "pulse" or "slip stream" do it very well, you just have to change views, (assign a key to change views in the options)

each theme offers you a large choice of view different, which (normally) makes everyone happy .

@PaDeMoNiuM I find your answer surprising... not everyone has their own taste ??? I don't like presentation videos, it's my right, isn't it ?! & yes I just find it amazing that there is no more serious follow-up if you charge for a license sorry !

It's completely normal if you pay you are entitled to have customer service behind...

14 minutes ago, Sebiohazard said:

@PaDeMoNiuM I find your answer surprising... not everyone has their own taste ??? I don't like presentation videos, it's my right, isn't it ?! & yes I just find it amazing that there is no more serious follow-up if you charge for a license sorry !

It's completely normal if you pay you are entitled to have customer service behind...

You have had plenty of help here, despite your antagonistic and combative posts, Dont like a theme that uses videos? then you need to use a different theme, we have hundreds here on the forums to download, but instead of looking for one you like, you bitch and moan and expect someone else to "know your tastes" and to tell you which one to use, that aint gonna work, and you wont be getting any more help/replies from me in any of your threads.