LaunchBox Community Forums

12.12 Beta Testing

faeran

Hey everyone,

12.12 beta 1 is out now with the following changes:

• Improvement: The saving process that occurs after LaunchBox or Big Box closes should be significantly faster
  • Improvement: SelectedItemSpacing property was added to FlowControl that allows the spacing around the item currently selected to be different than other items (for theme developers)
  • Improvement: The PictureViewer was visually updated with added context regarding what type of image you are looking at
  • Improvement: Platform matching when searching for EmuMovies content has been improved
  • Fixed: A white line could appear at the top of your monitor when viewing images in full screen
  • Fixed: Rare error when navigating through different wizards
  • Fixed: The LaunchBox Themes Manager was unusable if no internet was detected
  • Fixed: Empty entries could appear at the top of the "Scrape As" drop-down menu
  • Fixed: The Related Games feature could show improper results when using different languages

Beta 2:

• Fixed: Corrected SelectedItemSpacing binding incorrectly affecting views even when not used (introduced in 12.12 beta 1)
  • Fixed: Rare error when checking if a BIOS file was required during import
  • Fixed: Rare error that could pop up while downloading images

Beta 3:

• New Feature: LaunchBox can now downloaded bezels for both MAME and RetroArch, during import and media downloads (courtesy of the Bezel Project)
  • Improvement: FlowContext now has new properties that allow you to rotate the item (for Big Box theme developers)
  • Improvement: FlowContext now has new properties that you can use for styling based on where the item is in relation to the selected item (for Big Box theme developers)
  • Improvement: The Export to Android process now works with games that have multiple discs
  • Improvement: The Export to Android process now resizes any overly large images to a maximum of 2000x2000 pixels
  • Improvement: The Export to Android process now includes an option to only export favorited games for specific platforms
  • Improvement: The Export to Android process now includes an option to extract archives
  • Improvement: The Tools > File Management > Export/Copy ROM Files from Selected Games to New Folder feature will now copy all discs for the selected games (if there are multiple discs)
  • Fixed: Browsing for an application path in Add/Edit Additional apps now takes you to the games folder if no path is set
  • Fixed: In LaunchBox, while in a game detail's pop-up window, viewing a game's images in full screen would show images for an incorrect game.

Beta 4:

• New Feature: Image packs can now be both created and imported via Tools > Image Packs. This should make it much easier to custom curate the media for your collection using the awesome packs that are available on the LaunchBox Community Forums (and to create your own packs!)

Beta 5:

• Improvement: Added item counts to the tab headers of the image pack import wizard
  • Improvement: The Enable Game Controllers option in Big Box is now on by default
  • Fixed: Image pack title matching for extremely short file names should now be more accurate

Always grateful for all the help with beta testing these changes.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, PaDeMoNiuM said:

Hello Guys !I repost my requests here for the 12.12 because I had posted my message in the end post of the 12.11 ;) 

A small request (this has most certainly been asked but I ask the question anyway)

I've always wondered ,why can't we view / see the videos of the platforms and categories or playlists when the appropriate options are activated, in the same way as the games when we go over them in launchbox desktop mode...

It's stupid but it can save you a crazy time (rather than going back to edit to check if it's the right video ..etc)
Technically if you can do that that would be great. I think it must be in the pipes given the questions of the last poll. 

Another question, have you ever thought about developing animated backgrounds section?  There is really something to do, the creators, and the prods are extremely numerous,

it could boost the creation process and the community creator, I will put online in the media a panel of 10 to 20 varied backgrounds soon just to try .

Imagine after a few months being able to add a customization option in big box for the average user where he could customize his background on the fly, that would be great!

(this is already possible on many themes )

by the way It brings attraction, life and it can change a theme. the author of city hunter LogicalEgo had understood it well 

I do not question the aspect of the theme or the creation he did a fantastic job!

(and it is clearly the theme that made me do the infidelity to hyperspin )

But would it have as much appeal without the animated background?

I do not know !

Even more speaking imagine colorfull of viking without the backgrounds

Anyway, at dig!

There really is something to do there
especially since technically launchbox supports it very well

I think the question deserves to be asked in a poll anyway.

;)

@PaDeMoNiuM We appreciate all requests, but please do so in the appropriate fashion. You can start a new thread in the features sub-forum and what is really recommend is to create a ticket in BitBucket (Top of the forum under Help & Support select "Request a Feature" site and then link that ticket to your thread. So please create a thread there and once you do so I will remove this post.

Hope that did not come off too strong, just trying to make sure the devs can get to feedback and evaluation of current released betas easily. We want to keep non-related beta items from this thread so the devs do not have to weed through things to see beta testing input from our users.

27 minutes ago, bbweiners said:

The WallView seems pretty messed up now. You can use the default theme, navigate around a bit and see that the spacing is off and that things shift around oddly.

Confirmed your report. I will get this corrected for next beta release.

• Thanks 1

On 5/12/2022 at 9:54 AM, faeran said:

Hey everyone,

12.12 beta 1 is out now with the following changes:

• Improvement: The saving process that occurs after LaunchBox or Big Box closes should be significantly faster
  • Improvement: SelectedItemSpacing property was added to FlowControl that allows the spacing around the item currently selected to be different than other items (for theme developers)
  • Improvement: The PictureViewer was visually updated with added context regarding what type of image you are looking at
  • Improvement: Platform matching when searching for EmuMovies content has been improved
  • Fixed: A white line could appear at the top of your monitor when viewing images in full screen
  • Fixed: Rare error when navigating through different wizards
  • Fixed: The LaunchBox Themes Manager was unusable if no internet was detected
  • Fixed: Empty entries could appear at the top of the "Scrape As" drop-down menu
  • Fixed: The Related Games feature could show improper results when using different languages

Always grateful for all the help with beta testing these changes.

The "SelectedItemSpacing" doesn't appear to work in the PlatformViews. Is it supposed to?

43 minutes ago, bbweiners said:

The "SelectedItemSpacing" doesn't appear to work in the PlatformViews. Is it supposed to?

The binding is only used currently for FlowTemplate setup and not for cover factory. If using a FlowTemplate to define each item in the FlowControl it works on all views that utilize one. The binding (in beta 2 now that I corrected the logic) is an absolute value. So if ItemSpacing is set to (12,12) and SelectedItemSpacing is set to (16,16) the spacing of the item currently selected should be 16, not 28 (as it incorrectly was in beta 1)

Beta 2 is out with the following changes:

• Fixed: Corrected SelectedItemSpacing binding incorrectly affecting views even when not used (introduced in 12.12 beta 1)
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, faeran said:

Beta 2 is out with the following changes:

@bbweiners can you confirm the wall view you were seeing your reported issue with is fixed after upgrading?

• Like 1

The saving process that occurs after LaunchBox or Big Box closes should be significantly faster is a nice addition. Very helpful when doing maintenance in LB and theming as much as you open and close LB/BB. The PictureViewer was visually updated with added context regarding what type of image you are looking at is a nice touch as well. Nice improvements :)

• Like 1

Hello,

after updating to 12.12 Beta I'm getting this error message at startup:

Value cannot be null. (Parameter 'window')

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 12.12-beta-2
Type:    System.ArgumentNullException
Site:    Void .ctor(System.Windows.Window)
Source:  PresentationFramework

at System.Windows.Interop.WindowInteropHelper..ctor(Window window)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.MessageBoxEx.Show(Window ownerWindow, String text, String caption, MessageBoxButton buttons, MessageBoxImage icon, MessageBoxResult defResult)
   at MessageConsumer.ExcludeInterfaceProcess(Window owner, String text, String caption, MessageBoxButton buttons, MessageBoxImage icon, MessageBoxResult defaultResult, MessageConsumer )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.MessageBoxManager.PromptYesNo(String message, MessageBoxResult defaultButton)
   at DefinitionConsumer.ExcludeInterfaceProcess(String message, MessageBoxResult defaultButton, DefinitionConsumer )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.SideBarViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass79_0.ForgotFocusTest()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeDelegateCore()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Wait(TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(DispatcherOperation operation, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(Action callback, DispatcherPriority priority, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(Action callback, DispatcherPriority priority)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.AddTransactionalGlobal(Object , Object , DispatcherPriority )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.Invoke(Action callback, DispatcherPriority priority)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.SideBarViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass79_0.CollectSimpleItem(Object , DispatcherPriority )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.SideBarViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass79_0.ExcludeFocusTest()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.EnableTransactionalDescriptor(Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.MoveNotificationHelper()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Recent Log:

18:21:09 Exception

Launchbox is still opening and running though. The error message remains in the background.

BigBox is unaffected.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2022 at 12:01 PM, C-Beats said:

The binding is only used currently for FlowTemplate setup and not for cover factory. If using a FlowTemplate to define each item in the FlowControl it works on all views that utilize one. The binding (in beta 2 now that I corrected the logic) is an absolute value. So if ItemSpacing is set to (12,12) and SelectedItemSpacing is set to (16,16) the spacing of the item currently selected should be 16, not 28 (as it incorrectly was in beta 1)

So I forgot to ask... Will the PlatformView use FlowTemplate like the GamesView at some point in the future?

3 minutes ago, bbweiners said:

So I forgot to ask... Will the PlatformView use FlowTemplate like the GamesView at some point in the future?

This was built since the inception of FlowTemplate. It's always worked in PlatformView

4 minutes ago, bbweiners said:

I guess I'm not understanding why the SelectedItemSpacing isn't working in PlatformView then.

I also think I misspoke about PlatformView using FlowTemplate. What I meant is that I noticed some of the new WallView features don't work when incorporating them into PlatformViews that use FlowTemplate. Like the SelectedItemSpacing, or the ability to have multiple Rows.

2 minutes ago, bbweiners said:

I guess I'm not understanding why the SelectedItemSpacing isn't working in PlatformView then.

In my testing it worked. Will note that the space you need to put in can differ quite a bit depending on the type of camera you are using and it's position. I had the following in my test theme and was able to see the property function.

<coverFlow:FlowControl x:Name="FlowControl" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" VerticalAlignment="Stretch" Grid.Column="0" CameraZPosition="3.0" VisibleCount="14" PageSize="6" ItemSpacing="0,-1" SelectedItemZPosition="2.0" Columns="1" SelectedItemSpacing="1,2">
  <coverFlow:FlowControl.FlowTemplate>
    <DataTemplate>
      <coverFlow:FlowContext>
        <coverFlow:FlowImage ImageType="Clear Logo"/>
      </coverFlow:FlowContext>
    </DataTemplate>
  </coverFlow:FlowControl.FlowTemplate>
</coverFlow:FlowControl>

2 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

In my testing it worked. Will note that the space you need to put in can differ quite a bit depending on the type of camera you are using and it's position. I had the following in my test theme and was able to see the property function.

<coverFlow:FlowControl x:Name="FlowControl" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" VerticalAlignment="Stretch" Grid.Column="0" CameraZPosition="3.0" VisibleCount="14" PageSize="6" ItemSpacing="0,-1" SelectedItemZPosition="2.0" Columns="1" SelectedItemSpacing="1,2">
  <coverFlow:FlowControl.FlowTemplate>
    <DataTemplate>
      <coverFlow:FlowContext>
        <coverFlow:FlowImage ImageType="Clear Logo"/>
      </coverFlow:FlowContext>
    </DataTemplate>
  </coverFlow:FlowControl.FlowTemplate>
</coverFlow:FlowControl>

You are correct. I wasn't spacing things enough. My apologies.