LaunchBox Community Forums

12.12 Beta Testing

faeran

Beta 4 is out with image pack support:

• New Feature: Image packs can now be both created and imported via Tools > Image Packs. This should make it much easier to custom curate the media for your collection using the awesome packs that are available on the LaunchBox Community Forums (and to create your own packs!)

Help testing this new feature is much appreciated.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, faeran said:

Beta 4 is out with image pack support:

• New Feature: Image packs can now be both created and imported via Tools > Image Packs. This should make it much easier to custom curate the media for your collection using the awesome packs that are available on the LaunchBox Community Forums (and to create your own packs!)

Help testing this new feature is much appreciated.

wonderful, a question: Could the image packages be downloaded directly from the LaunchBox interface? Kind of like the theme manager.

Beta 5 has been released with the following changes:

• Improvement: Added item counts to the tab headers of the image pack import wizard
  • Improvement: The Enable Game Controllers option in Big Box is now on by default
  • Fixed: Image pack title matching for extremely short file names should now be more accurate
  • Like 3

On 6/16/2022 at 9:10 AM, Merovingio said:

wonderful, a question: Could the image packages be downloaded directly from the LaunchBox interface? Kind of like the theme manager.

This is not currently planned for this release, but maybe something like that could be considered in the future.

• Like 1

On 5/12/2022 at 10:54 AM, faeran said:

Beta 3:

• New Feature: LaunchBox can now downloaded bezels for both MAME and RetroArch, during import and media downloads (courtesy of the Bezel Project)

For this one, how does one add bezels for already configured Retroarch emulator/games already imported?

15 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Using Tools > Download > Update Metadata and Media.

Just curious Jason, If I already had been using the Bezel Project previous to the LB addition, will this affect my cfg files the Bezel Project has already created or ones I may have edited?

On 6/18/2022 at 8:43 AM, The Papaw said:

Just curious Jason, If I already had been using the Bezel Project previous to the LB addition, will this affect my cfg files the Bezel Project has already created or ones I may have edited?

Works the same way the other media does. If you tell it to overwrite them it will, if you tell it not to it won't.

Updated to 12.12. and watched the video on YT that LB put up... or rather watched until I got the jist of how to import the bezel project images.  However, after I "check none" for the game and emu movie images, instead of going to the bezel project screen where I can choose if I want Theme or System Bezels like the YT video shows, it goes right to the screen with three options to choose from (per the YT video I should select the middle option).  

Why is it skipping over the bezel screen?  

1 hour ago, VinceF said:

Updated to 12.12. and watched the video on YT that LB put up... or rather watched until I got the jist of how to import the bezel project images.  However, after I "check none" for the game and emu movie images, instead of going to the bezel project screen where I can choose if I want Theme or System Bezels like the YT video shows, it goes right to the screen with three options to choose from (per the YT video I should select the middle option).  

Why is it skipping over the bezel screen?  

What emulator are the games using? If it is Mame are you pointing to Mame.exe or an older version that uses Mame64.exe?