LaunchBox Community Forums

12.12 Beta Testing

faeran

5 minutes ago, Madman_DE said:

Bug!
12.12 beta 2: Whenever I choose to edit the Metadata of any selected game, the game info (where the video, wikipedia link etc) displayed, disappears.

Can you show a screenshot of what you mean by it disappearing?

Neither are bugs and is the app working as intended. The game is unloaded from details so that the application isn't locking any media files so that if you want to delete the media you can without error. GOG games not installed also don't have anything in the Starten tab because there is nothing to start. On import we save a hidden field that tells us the GOG App Id for that title and just open up GOG to it.

On 5/23/2022 at 9:36 AM, bbweiners said:

One other thing you may want to check into (no hurry) is that you can't have multiple rows in PlatformViews.

Yeah, Platform views were never built with the intention to be put in a wall configuration so while you CAN have multiple rows you can't use up/down to navigate the different rows like you can in WallView. This is actually true in all views outside of WallView though, they were all designed to be used with a single column or row.

On 5/25/2022 at 8:45 AM, C-Beats said:

Yeah, Platform views were never built with the intention to be put in a wall configuration so while you CAN have multiple rows you can't use up/down to navigate the different rows like you can in WallView. This is actually true in all views outside of WallView though, they were all designed to be used with a single column or row.

Makes sense. Do you have any plans to add WallViews to PlatformViews?

Also, thanks for the responses. I'm always appreciative to the fact that you, Jason, and Faeran are as responsive as you are. You guys are doing a great job with your business, and I don't think you're reminded of that enough. (No, I'm not looking for a job, haha)!!!

Edited by bbweiners
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DragoonDemon4 said:

Testing the new Beta version And still the android exporter wont copy additional apps to android, I think is that the File manager of launchbox is Still giving me this message

Message.png

The message clearly states that additional apps will not be copied, so that is obviously intended behaviour, and is how it has always been, it's not a issue with the 12.2 beta.

• Like 1

Beta 3 is now out with the following:

• New Feature: LaunchBox can now downloaded bezels for both MAME and RetroArch, during import and media downloads (courtesy of the Bezel Project)
  • Improvement: FlowContext now has new properties that allow you to rotate the item (for Big Box theme developers)
  • Improvement: FlowContext now has new properties that you can use for styling based on where the item is in relation to the selected item (for Big Box theme developers)
  • Improvement: The Export to Android process now works with games that have multiple discs
  • Improvement: The Export to Android process now resizes any overly large images to a maximum of 2000x2000 pixels
  • Improvement: The Export to Android process now includes an option to only export favorited games for specific platforms
  • Improvement: The Export to Android process now includes an option to extract archives
  • Improvement: The Tools > File Management > Export/Copy ROM Files from Selected Games to New Folder feature will now copy all discs for the selected games (if there are multiple discs)
  • Fixed: Browsing for an application path in Add/Edit Additional apps now takes you to the games folder if no path is set
  • Fixed: In LaunchBox, while in a game detail's pop-up window, viewing a game's images in full screen would show images for an incorrect game.
  • Like 10

3 hours ago, faeran said:

• New Feature: LaunchBox can now downloaded bezels for both MAME and RetroArch, during import and media downloads (courtesy of the Bezel Project)
  • Improvement: FlowContext now has new properties that allow you to rotate the item (for Big Box theme developers)
  • Improvement: FlowContext now has new properties that you can use for styling based on where the item is in relation to the selected item (for Big Box theme developers)
  • Improvement: The Export to Android process now works with games that have multiple discs
  • Improvement: The Export to Android process now resizes any overly large images to a maximum of 2000x2000 pixels
  • Improvement: The Export to Android process now includes an option to only export favorited games for specific platforms
  • Improvement: The Export to Android process now includes an option to extract archives
  • Improvement: The Tools > File Management > Export/Copy ROM Files from Selected Games to New Folder feature will now copy all discs for the selected games (if there are multiple discs)
  • Fixed: Browsing for an application path in Add/Edit Additional apps now takes you to the games folder if no path is set
  • Fixed: In LaunchBox, while in a game detail's pop-up window, viewing a game's images in full screen would show images for an incorrect game.

Hey Faeran,

I like to mess around with new features when I can to try and help with finding bugs (plus it's just fun). Could you elaborate a bit more on --

"Improvement: FlowContext now has new properties that you can use for styling based on where the item is in relation to the selected item (for Big Box theme developers)"

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, bbweiners said:

Hey Faeran,

I like to mess around with new features when I can to try and help with finding bugs (plus it's just fun). Could you elaborate a bit more on --

"Improvement: FlowContext now has new properties that you can use for styling based on where the item is in relation to the selected item (for Big Box theme developers)"

Thanks!

Following properties were added to FlowContext control:
IsAboveSelected (bool)
IsBelowSelected (bool)
IsLeftOfSelected (bool)
IsRightOfSelected (bool)
IsColumnSelected (bool) - Is the item in the same column as the selected item
RotationAngle (float) - The amount the item is rotated
RotationAxis (Vector3D) - The angle the item is rotated on

2 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Following properties were added to FlowContext control:
IsAboveSelected (bool)
IsBelowSelected (bool)
IsLeftOfSelected (bool)
IsRightOfSelected (bool)
IsColumnSelected (bool) - Is the item in the same column as the selected item
RotationAngle (float) - The amount the item is rotated
RotationAxis (Vector3D) - The angle the item is rotated on

Got it. Thanks!

15 hours ago, faeran said:

Hey guys.

Awesome work with adding the bezel project. However, I found a few things that are bugged (I think) with it.

1. When I tell LB to download the bezels, (I'm assuming) it downloads the ENTIRE pack for that platform instead of just the bezels for the games I'm importing. So for example, lets say a platform has 1000 games but I'm only importing 10 of those 1000 games for that platform, Instead of just downloading 10 bezels, the entire pack of 1000 bezels will be downloaded instead, which ends up taking a VERY LONG TIME depending on the platform.
  2. When closing LB during the bezel downloads, 2 LB tasks stay in task manager and I have to close them manually to start LB again.
  3. When restarting LB after doing number 2, the bezel download process automatically restarts again instead of relying on me to manually restart it and cancelling the download just turns the mouse cursor into a loading ring and nothing else happens.

3 hours ago, Azgorath said:

When I tell LB to download the bezels, (I'm assuming) it downloads the ENTIRE pack for that platform instead of just the bezels for the games I'm importing. So for example, lets say a platform has 1000 games but I'm only importing 10 of those 1000 games for that platform, Instead of just downloading 10 bezels, the entire pack of 1000 bezels will be downloaded instead, which ends up taking a VERY LONG TIME depending on the platform.

I believe the bezels on the github page are pre zipped like that in system packs (the same thing happens when using The Bezel Projects official Windows program, and i believe the same happens in my Batocera build which is on Linux), so not a lot we could do other than maybe only extracting the bezels you need out of the zip file, but that would still need to be fully downloaded first so wont be any quicker to download.

We tried a process that only downloaded the files you needed from GitHub but we ran into issues where GitHub would VERY quickly cut you off with their rate limiter so downloading the entire repo was the only option left to us. When closing LB several save events are occurring behind the scenes which is why you still see processes. They typically run another minute or two after the application "closes" to allow time to save data and clean up any temp files no longer needed. Because bezels were added to the image queue if you close LB while they are downloading we save that process and resume it upon reopening. If you want to cancel it you can just press the cancel button on the progress bar.

I may have ran into a issue with 12.12.3. I was replacing some images in ..\Launchbox\Images\Playlists\name of playlist\Device (and Clearlogos).

When I run Bigbox, I go into the settings and refresh the cached images, it isn't working if I leave the old re-named images in the folder. I have to delete everything in the folder but the image I want, then do the re-fresh. Maybe someone can try it on their end?

I don't know if they're easy fixes, but bezels could really do with auto configs being pre-set to have opacity set to 1.0 and also video for the majority of packs set to 4:3 instead of core provided. (to not lose gameplay over the sides)

It's been a while since I used the windows app of bezel project but I am sure it pre-did this for you so fingers crossed it's fairly easy to fix as this will make the whole ease of use much greater