LaunchBox Community Forums

12.13 Beta Testing

faeran

Hey everyone,

12.13 beta 1 is out now. We have a number of fixes and improvements to the bezel integration. Testing is much appreciated.

• Improvement: The Bezel window will now appear during imports when using older versions of MAME that use the mame64.exe executable, as well as versions of MAMEUI
  • Improvement: Added the ability to display the content image in LaunchBox's ListView (for theme devs)
  • Improvement: Bezels are downloaded for additional applications as well as the primary version of the game
  • Improvement: RetroArch bezels will now have their opacity set to 1.0 via the game override setting
  • Fixed: RetroArch bezels for some Arcade platforms will now properly download
  • Fixed: Pressing Browse in the Add Additional Application window would sometimes throw an error
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

So first re-scan of bezels for Sega 32X in 12.13 beta 1

• A couple of bezels did not change opacity settings (2 or 3, WrestleMania Arcade game was one, haven't tried a re-scrape yet)
  • If easy to add to the per game configs, for the easiest/cleanest setup it would be good to add the line of code to make mouse pointer move to the bottom right furthest point on load, this way anyone that likes to have use of mouse wont lose it, and at the same time no extra settings will need to be changed by the user after bezels installed. (Mouse only becomes visible once a bezel installed, so this would be useful)
  • The Bezel Project was based on HyperSpin naming convention from all the packs I've looked at, so  when using the latest no-intro sets this becomes an issue. a lot of bezels missing that should be matched when scraping 32X

UPDATE: Doing a second scan of bezels did fix the opacity settings for the games not done the first time round
UPDATE #2: The second scan didnt fix ALL opacity cfg files

Edited by zetec-s-joe

6 hours ago, SqHd said:

Hi. The box art only shows every other image (even after a media refresh) after upgrading to 12.13 beta 1.

image.thumb.png.67dc30ee4e1fe45e7ce850cf7f2fcbc1.png

Nice theme choice. I'm unable to replicate this though on any of my builds. If you select all the items and press F5 do they come back?

4 hours ago, SqHd said:

@C-Beats Best LB theme IMHO! I tried refreshing media with no luck. Should I downgrade back to v12.12?

No ideally we'd track down the cause and correct it if it is caused by the beta. Does this happen with all themes? If so could you turn on debug logging, start LaunchBox, let the grid load with the issue and then close it and send me the log file generated.

Anyone else no longer able to parse Epic Games library? It gets stuck on the parsing screen until I cancel out of the process.

EDIT: The issue fixed itself.. Still, if anyone wants to make sense of the below error report, I would be keen to understand what happened.

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

Edited by Thornback

On 6/24/2022 at 10:19 PM, faeran said:

Hey everyone,

12.13 beta 1 is out now. We have a number of fixes and improvements to the bezel integration. Testing is much appreciated.

• Improvement: The Bezel window will now appear during imports when using older versions of MAME that use the mame64.exe executable, as well as versions of MAMEUI
  • Improvement: Added the ability to display the content image in LaunchBox's ListView (for theme devs)
  • Improvement: Bezels are downloaded for additional applications as well as the primary version of the game
  • Improvement: RetroArch bezels will now have their opacity set to 1.0 via the game override setting
  • Fixed: RetroArch bezels for some Arcade platforms will now properly download
  • Fixed: Pressing Browse in the Add Additional Application window would sometimes throw an error

The bezels work now 🥳 Thanks 🙏 

• Like 1

It would be nice to be able to choose the image types and their order in the game carousel, without having to do this via "screenshot properties" in the options menu (thus messing up other areas that rely on screenshots).

Also, might it be possible to increase the image types selectable via "image group"? I am keen to view by "banner" for example, though as banner is not an option in that menu, you have to add banner as an options to one of the other groups, which can mess up other areas that rely on those groups.

• Like 1

Is 12.13 supposed to be released as official around now? Because the website changelog says it's still in beta and while I have beta updates turned off it still downloaded the release when I did a manual check for updates...

Edited by shadowfire

4 minutes ago, shadowfire said:

Is 12.13 supposed to be released as official around now? Because the website changelog says it's still in beta and while I have beta updates turned off it still downloaded the release when I did a manual check for updates...

Yes. 12.13 is live and official. The release date wasn't properly added to the changelog before publishing the version. It'll be corrected with the next beta release.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shadowfire said:

Btw. any code examples on how to implement "Improvement: Added the ability to display the content image in LaunchBox's ListView (for theme devs)"?

Can grab the latest release of my Beats theme to see it in action. All that's needed to do it is add an Image who's source is "{Binding ContentImage}".

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, C-Beats said:

Can grab the latest release of my Beats theme to see it in action. All that's needed to do it is add an Image who's source is "{Binding ContentImage}".

Nice :) This feature was on my wishlist for a while... Unfortunately I'm having issues implementing it in my existing listview (the code is like the most other listviews with sortable columns), LaunchBox doesn't like it (it becomes highly unstable and I have to revert to and older backup) when I add an extra column with a header that's not in it's index. Any ideas? Or is my only options to use an existing indexed column?

Edited by shadowfire

Ah yeah. That data grid is pretty temperamental about what columns you can/cannot have in it. Not sure you'd be able to put it in it's own column with any degree of success. You can append it inside of another column (title for instance) if you wanted to pretty easily though. I'll take a look while I'm working on next version to see if there is any other work arounds I can find to help it all work.

22 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Ah yeah. That data grid is pretty temperamental about what columns you can/cannot have in it. Not sure you'd be able to put it in it's own column with any degree of success. You can append it inside of another column (title for instance) if you wanted to pretty easily though. I'll take a look while I'm working on next version to see if there is any other work arounds I can find to help it all work.

Thanks. Yeah plan B is inserting it into another column (I know how to do that) although that's not ideal from a visual and user perspective. (It can e.g. misalign the column header when e.g. the image is left of the title, also images can't be toggled or indicated from the column menu.)

I am considering the Badges column for plan B since it's already based on graphical information and therefor more flexible layout-wise when combining both elements...

Edited by shadowfire

HI there---   Kindly asking for some help please with the Bezels. Can someone more knowledgeable than I, please provide details where Bezel data is stored? I am aware that Retro-arch stores all of the .cfg and PNG files inside of the overlay folder, but when Launch-box collects its Meta-Data for the Bezels, where is it being placed inside of Launch-box?  I need to manually replicate these files across a second Launch-box system without having to clone the entire drive.  I also have some platforms such as PS2 which seem to be storing the Bezels inside of Retro-Arch but they are not being displayed at all inside of Launch-Box for that system...  need to understand how to troubleshoot these paths.. thank you much!!!!