LaunchBox Community Forums

13.1 Beta Thread

faeran

Beta 7 is out with the following:

• The Center Selection behavior will now properly center the Game Details menu (for theme devs)
  • The List View Model will now update its properties from within the Text Games View (for theme devs)
  • Forcing a 16:9 aspect ratio in the theme settings should properly constraint the theme on monitors wider than 16:9

At this point this is looking to be the release candidate. We will be trying to find a release window this week.

Thanks to everyone who participated in the beta testing!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 1/10/2023 at 2:37 PM, faeran said:

100%, which it was for just one spine, and at this point we've taken the chance on that. Remember, there's something like 180 platforms in our database, so there's obviously a lot to cover there, and we are monitoring the situation with this one very closely, as well as the whole feature as a whole.

Make the naming convention similar to what our image pack importer feature can consume and you'll be okay.

On 1/10/2023 at 9:13 AM, Retrofrogg said:

I can imagine that overall, left and right spines should be available for most systems, though top and bottom spines will likely be more challenging to source.

If you find sources that have complete, full box scans with all spines included, send me a PM. Looking for 100% coverage of released games for a system, which could help show that these images exist.

I've looked into this further @faeran. I've focused on the Nintendo NES initially. I've found sites with full actual box scans (unfolded) for many of the USA region games. I was messing around with separating out the front, back and 4 spine images - though it's difficult to check the finished work without the feature being available in Launchbox. I don't fancy going through the whole set only to find that when applied to the 3D box model, something doesn't look right and it requires redone.

It would therefore be great to have the feature, so that we can start working on image packs (and adding to the database, when that is updated). As mentioned before, adding a rotation lock to limit the rotation to the horizontal plane would open up this possibility to the many systems that would have left and right spine scans but not the scarcer top and bottom. 

1 hour ago, Retrofrogg said:

I've looked into this further @faeran. I've focused on the Nintendo NES initially. I've found sites with full actual box scans (unfolded) for many of the USA region games. I was messing around with separating out the front, back and 4 spine images - though it's difficult to check the finished work without the feature being available in Launchbox. I don't fancy going through the whole set only to find that when applied to the 3D box model, something doesn't look right and it requires redone.

It would therefore be great to have the feature, so that we can start working on image packs (and adding to the database, when that is updated). As mentioned before, adding a rotation lock to limit the rotation to the horizontal plane would open up this possibility to the many systems that would have left and right spine scans but not the scarcer top and bottom. 

Send me a PM, as this thread will end up getting locked, the information being buried, and at this point we are off-topic to the beta.

• Like 1

work at a hospital and have been very busy and not much time for playing with Launchbox. Was on 12.3. Just upgraded to 13.1 and now I have in my platform list the all games platform listed twice. Showing i have twice as many games as i ready have. How do I delete one of the two all games platforms

7 hours ago, Starbuck said:

work at a hospital and have been very busy and not much time for playing with Launchbox. Was on 12.3. Just upgraded to 13.1 and now I have in my platform list the all games platform listed twice. Showing i have twice as many games as i ready have. How do I delete one of the two all games platforms

Can you post a screenshot?

The Long/Large Jewel case seem more washed out Compared to the small jewel case. Was it meant to be that way kuz its supposed to be thicker? If not is there a way to reduce the plasticky effect to make them the same? Regardless, Still looks a lot better overall having real cases

Edited by darreldearth

Possible bug with the current release (Launchbox). The game video doesn't play when it's the first game selected for that platform.

For example, when I select a game from a new/different platform, I can hear the video playing but don't see the video. If I then select another game from the same platform, the video plays fine.

This doesn't happen consistently, so I'm not sure what might be causing it.

47 minutes ago, Retrofrogg said:

What's the current state of play of adding in MiSTer integration? So that the rom code could be squirted to Mister from Launchbox. Would be an awesome addition!

We added this to the previous poll and it ended up being the lowest voted item, by quite a large margin.

We will keep a close eye on the MiSTer, as it's cool technology, as far as official integration goes, it probably will be a while.

Although, knowing how it kind of works, you probably could get a script to run the necessary commands and add it as an additional app, or as a separate game entirely. Sounds like a good plugin idea.

6 hours ago, The Mask said:

Jewel cases look wonderful. However, psp boxes don't seem to be jeweled. Technically their cases were hard plastic but they were also transparent. They are still a solid color here.

Same for PS3 cases (bluray) I don't think they are the correct shape or transparent will they be added in an update?

Edited by crusadeRGP
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...