LaunchBox Community Forums

13.1 Beta Thread

faeran

Thanks for the new jewel case models you guys. But in this latest beta image download from emumovies fails. It says "unable to log in to emumovies" in the emumovies tab. The test in the options menu works and also login on the website works fine though. @faeran @C-Beats

Edited by dreamy
  • Like 1

same here.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 13.1-beta-3
Type:    System.NullReferenceException
Site:    System.String GetTitleFromFileName(System.String, System.Nullable`1[System.Int32], System.String, Boolean)
Source:  Unbroken.LaunchBox

at Unbroken.LaunchBox.NamingHelper.GetTitleFromFileName(String path, Nullable`1 disc, String platform, Boolean folder)
   at ExporterInvocation.DefineReflectiveError(String path, Nullable`1 disc, String platform, Boolean folder, ExporterInvocation )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Search.LocalDb.GetMameFileResult(String filePath, Boolean useFolderNames, GameBase game)
   at TemplateInvocation.DefineReflectiveError(String filePath, Boolean useFolderNames, GameBase game, TemplateInvocation )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Search.EmuMovies.EmuMoviesSearchValue..ctor(GameBase game)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Search.EmuMovies.SearchParameters.ConcatPrincipalClient()
   at DescriptorInvocation.DefineReflectiveError(Object , DescriptorInvocation )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Search.EmuMovies.SearchParameters.GetResults(String userId, String password, Func`1 isCancelled, Action`2 reportIndeterminate, Action`1 onError)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Processes.BulkImageDownloader.ReadInvalidAdapter(Object item)
   at AccountObject.DestroyReflectiveGlobal(String code, AccountObject )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Processes.BulkImageDownloader.ProcessQueue(Func`1 getIsCancelled, String activeImageGroup, Action`2 onIndeterminateUpdate, Action`4 onUpdateAction, Action`2 onGameImageDownloaded)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ImageDownloaderHelp.<>c.ViewInvalidPublisher()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.IncludeDistributedPrototype(Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.RemoveInvalidRecord()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Recent Log:

04:15:18 Exception

Thank you for the great work. I have been missing something that I think is very important for a long time. There are video games, especially indies of which the Launchbox application does not download the trailers even if you find in the database the game, everything can be put by hand, but on the issue of videos I see it quite cumbersome, because you have to search and download them by hand, nothing easy on the other hand and quite cumbersome to do. I have seen plugins that solved this problem, such as "Vidsnap Scraper", but the latter for at least 5 or 6 versions of Launchbox no longer works well and gets stuck in many of the videos without being able to download them at the end so it would be interesting that the developers of Launchbox implement something similar or at least let put a link to the video and the application download it automatically. Thanks

4 minutes ago, Muskillogemi said:

Thank you for the great work. I have been missing something that I think is very important for a long time. There are video games, especially indies of which the Launchbox application does not download the trailers even if you find in the database the game, everything can be put by hand, but on the issue of videos I see it quite cumbersome, because you have to search and download them by hand, nothing easy on the other hand and quite cumbersome to do. I have seen plugins that solved this problem, such as "Vidsnap Scraper", but the latter for at least 5 or 6 versions of Launchbox no longer works well and gets stuck in many of the videos without being able to download them at the end so it would be interesting that the developers of Launchbox implement something similar or at least let put a link to the video and the application download it automatically. Thanks

Launchbox does dot provide any trailers or gameplay videos for any games. Any game snaps/trailers you may get during a import are provided by Emumovies when you have provided login details for a premium Emumovies account only. Emumovies itself is a completely seperate service from Launchbox and is not owned by the compant that owns Launchbox, it's a completely seperate website that Launchbox uses there service.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, dreamy said:

Thanks for the new jewel case models you guys. But in this latest beta image download from emumovies fails. It says "unable to log in to emumovies" in the emumovies tab. The test in the options menu works and also login on the website works fine though. @faeran @C-Beats

Try and go into Options and remove your EmuMovies credentials. Save out, then go back in and re-enter them in. Let us know if this solves the issue you are seeing.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, faeran said:

Try and go into Options and remove your EmuMovies credentials. Save out, then go back in and re-enter them in. Let us know if this solves the issue you are seeing.

Well what can i say? I just updated to beta 4 and that fixed it for me. But thanks for the suggestion, i will keep that in mind.

Version 13.1.beta-4 still throws an error when bulk updating all media. Was trying to download box full and box spine for the platform Atari 2500.
The error (nullreference) in the MAME platform has been solved.

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. (Parameter 'index')

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 13.1-beta-4
Type:    System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException
Site:    Void ThrowArgumentOutOfRange_IndexException()
Source:  System.Private.CoreLib

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.RemoveAt(Int32 index)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.MenuActions.DownloadMetadataAndMediaMenuAction.<>c__DisplayClass9_1.InterruptInvalidDefinition(Game game)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass7_1`1.RevertFocusAttr()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Recent Log:

02:15:10 Exception

3 hours ago, The Papaw said:

about half my platforms look like this (3D Boxes):

001.thumb.jpg.dc56d48c5a6d68d46c95a4d98bfe9150.jpg

the other half looks like this:

002.thumb.jpg.1e803adf99484fc1c4e967f0fdb3217e.jpg

Is this something to do with a setting I need to correct within all the new 3D modeling changes

Fairly certain that view uses what ever image group you're using in LaunchBox for that platform. If you open LaunchBox and go to Atari 7800 and change the image group to 3D boxes it'd look the same. The image in the top isn't our 3D model, it's the 3D Box Image.

41 minutes ago, sagaopc said:

@Jason CarrThere's how to insert a option to Only Shows missing Videos or only shows missing arts? It's facilitate to identify what's missing to scrap and add manualy!

Feature already exists as a side bar filter. On the left hand side where you see "Platforms" or "Platform Categories" there is an options that is called "Games Missing Media" pick that and you have the ability to show only games missing a certain media type.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Fairly certain that view uses what ever image group you're using in LaunchBox for that platform. If you open LaunchBox and go to Atari 7800 and change the image group to 3D boxes it'd look the same. The image in the top isn't our 3D model, it's the 3D Box Image.

@C-Beats Thanks, I found it, it was my media priorities in LB, had the Box - Full up to high in the list

Nice work on the new cases,  the only thing missing for them is the ability to change the thickness of the spine for Jewel Cases as they are too thin for the Dreamcast and PS1

I forgot to add,  the jewel case washes the colour of the spine out quite a lot as well.   The PS2 spines are pure black now they look grey with the reflection which make it look really odd compared to the front image.

389343242_Screenshot(217).thumb.png.cf29e2c0a5f1d4eaeebe671309819b86.png

image.thumb.png.a05669f92978242dd98210453f0235a9.png

Edited by PaulyC

On 1/7/2023 at 11:59 AM, PaulyC said:

Nice work on the new cases,  the only thing missing for them is the ability to change the thickness of the spine for Jewel Cases as they are too thin for the Dreamcast and PS1

I forgot to add,  the jewel case washes the colour of the spine out quite a lot as well.   The PS2 spines are pure black now they look grey with the reflection which make it look really odd compared to the front image.

389343242_Screenshot(217).thumb.png.cf29e2c0a5f1d4eaeebe671309819b86.png

image.thumb.png.a05669f92978242dd98210453f0235a9.png

I believe you mean the European regional variants of these, which are a bit thicker, in depth, than the rest of the world. They are, however, each a very specific model type, and we are looking in ways to eventually include them. This will probably not happen for this next version though.

On 1/7/2023 at 11:59 AM, PaulyC said:

The PS2 spines are pure black now they look grey with the reflection which make it look really odd compared to the front image.

Are you talking about the clear plastic that appears in front of the left and right spines on a PS1 jewel case?

On the topic of the CD cases, other than the ability to alter size, the main thing that stands out is the black strip on the front left of the case - it should be ridged, whereas in the model it appears flat. Just detracts sa bit from the realism. Edit - the stretched jewel cases seem to have this effect, just not the standard jewel cases.

Will we have the ability to add the other spines for boxes?

Edited by Retrofrogg

4 hours ago, Retrofrogg said:

On the topic of the CD cases, other than the ability to alter size, the main thing that stands out is the black strip on the front left of the case - it should be ridged, whereas in the model it appears flat. Just detracts sa bit from the realism. Edit - the stretched jewel cases seem to have this effect, just not the standard jewel cases.

the ribs are coming for the regular jewel case, just know that each rib adds a performance overhead, so there's lots that we have to think about when adding stuff like this.

The "stretched" model, and the normal jewel cases are completely separate models that we had custom built for this feature by a modeler, so the long model is not just us stretching the jewel case. We will need to do something similar with any other jewel case variation, get a modeler to create one from scratch.

4 hours ago, Retrofrogg said:

Will we have the ability to add the other spines for boxes?

There's a lot that goes into adding this sort of thing. We have to balance performance with realism, and there's going to be a number of costs involved for each added image. However, I'd say we are not against opening this up in the future, but I wouldn't mind seeing more packs out there first. There's hardly any packs of the one spine image out there yet, but I'm glad to start to see them trickle in. So far I've seen zero indication that the other 3 spine image packs exist for any system yet and it would be nice to know they are out there somewhere.

@faeran I would be more than happy to make some packs.

If you're waiting for packs to appear before you implement the ability to display the images within them - it's a bit of a chicken and egg situation isn't it. The images will be out there, but I think the packs aren't out there because no other frontend has this feature at present. If you build it, they will come. Personally, I was waiting for the feature to appear before I started working on image packs, as I didn't want to waste the time making them only for the feature never to appear.

But if it would help kick-start things, I could start off by making an NES pack for example. Do you have any preferred naming convention or does that not matter at this stage?

I can imagine that overall, left and right spines should be available for most systems, though top and bottom spines will likely be more challenging to source. One way around this would be to add the option of having a vertical rotation "lock" for the 3D model box (per platform), so that the box only rotates horizontally and the top and bottom spines therefore don't come into it. I had actually already requested this feature on Github - as when using a mouse, box rotation in Launchbox is a bit cumbersome as it tends to flip about the X axis.

Edited by Retrofrogg