LaunchBox Community Forums

13.1 Beta Thread

faeran

4 hours ago, The Papaw said:

Is anyone having issues with v13.2 and retro-achievements login? If I test connection in LB, it's successful, but when I launch a game it is throwing a invalid username/password error telling me to try again.

I have reset to api key and does the same thing. Am using bezels and for some reason print screens aren't working correctly

That isn't a LaunchBox issue. It's a RetroArch one. RetroArch after a certain period of time corrupts the Cheevo creds and you need to re-enter them. I'm unsure if this is a bug or the way the feature works to help with security but know I have to reinput my creds often. I'd imagine it's saving a cookie that has expired since I didn't log into it for an extended period of time, but that is pure speculation on my part. Re-enter the creds (even though it shows you already have) and then restart the game and it should work for you.

6 hours ago, C-Beats said:

That isn't a LaunchBox issue. It's a RetroArch one. RetroArch after a certain period of time corrupts the Cheevo creds and you need to re-enter them. I'm unsure if this is a bug or the way the feature works to help with security but know I have to reinput my creds often. I'd imagine it's saving a cookie that has expired since I didn't log into it for an extended period of time, but that is pure speculation on my part. Re-enter the creds (even though it shows you already have) and then restart the game and it should work for you.

WOW, I would have never thought to do that. Thank you Sir  (@faeran you too)

Just want report. I have tried all day to download art via LB and emu. It will download a few and just hang (only when doing emu), when I look for the file it is hung on, it has downloaded it, but LB just doesn't move on. I bet I have restarted LB 50 times today.

I just did a test trying to download only Full Boxes for NES, it downloded 2 files and hung there over 30 minutes. I finally just closed LB again.

I have tried deleting the ImageQueue.xml and starting over, just can't get it to work. 

I opened EmuSync and downloaded the entire set in less than 5 minutes. I sure don't want to rename all of them of course. But this doesnn't make sense, is it something to do with the api or something?

Edited by The Papaw

Hey Guys,

Not sure if this is beta related or launchbox in general, but i thought i mentioned that i am having problems importing several PS3 titles. Let me explain, most of my PS3 roms are in the rpcs3/dev_hdd0/(game or disc) then eboot.bin. 

So i added all the eboot.bin in the dev_hdd0 folder, the importer did see all the files but after processing it only processed one rom. even though the dialog box did confirm there are several eboot.bin in separate directories. So my question was this ignored because it is the same file found in several folders or do i have to import one rom at a time, i have over 500 roms :)

I hope it's clear, thanks!

Edited by oyehia

50 minutes ago, oyehia said:

Hey Guys,

Not sure if this is beta related or launchbox in general, but i thought i mentioned that i am having problems importing several PS3 titles. Let me explain, most of my PS3 roms are in the rpcs3/dev_hdd0/(game or disc) then eboot.bin. 

So i added all the eboot.bin in the dev_hdd0 folder, the importer did see all the files but after processing it only processed one rom. even though the dialog box did confirm there are several eboot.bin in separate directories. So my question was this ignored because it is the same file found in several folders or do i have to import one rom at a time, i have over 500 roms :)

I hope it's clear, thanks!

is there a chance it's because you don't have the option selected to import duplicate roms? the importer might see them as all the same game since they all have the same name. Other thing it could be is that since they have the same name the importer may have consolidated them all into one game during import, but only if you had that checkbox checked during import. 

Edited by darreldearth

52 minutes ago, darreldearth said:

is there a chance it's because you don't have the option selected to import duplicate roms? the importer might see them as all the same game since they all have the same name. Other thing it could be is that since they have the same name the importer may have consolidated them all into one game during import, but only if you had that checkbox checked during import. 

That did it, thanks for the quick reply!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, C-Beats said:

As far as I know Steam imports work just fine. You can check the log and make sure there no messages about hitting an API limit. I know Steam has changed them some since the deck came out and are being bigger sticklers on API limits

I turned on debugging, but attempting to import Steam games and getting this error only seems to add these rows to the debug log:

2022-12-28 01:10:26 PM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.Activated Start
2022-12-28 01:10:26 PM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.Activated Before JoystickTimer Enabled Set
2022-12-28 01:10:26 PM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.Activated Before Resume Video
2022-12-28 01:10:26 PM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.Activated Before Check Already Focused
2022-12-28 01:10:31 PM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.Deactivated Start
2022-12-28 01:10:31 PM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.Deactivated Before Pause Video
2022-12-28 01:10:31 PM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.Deactivated Completed
2022-12-28 01:10:36 PM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.Activated Start
2022-12-28 01:10:36 PM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.Activated Before JoystickTimer Enabled Set
2022-12-28 01:10:36 PM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.Activated Before Resume Video
2022-12-28 01:10:36 PM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.Activated Before Check Already Focused
2022-12-28 01:10:37 PM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.Deactivated Start
2022-12-28 01:10:37 PM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.Deactivated Before Pause Video
2022-12-28 01:10:37 PM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.Deactivated Completed

44 minutes ago, sagaopc said:

In stable release, when you Scrape Naomi games, if you not look emumovies tab, when finishes and you closes the windows finalizing scrap, you will receive a error of logo scrap. If you only look to the emumovies tab, this not happening

You have an picture or a copy/paste of the error you're seeing?

I detect a delay with the marquee, if you change faster from one game to another game and push play game directly to enter, the system show a incorrect marquee and not show the select game marquee.

I tested with default theme and other themes and have the same problem, in version 12.3 works fine but in other versions have a delay

Edited by Aiwer

Beta 3 is out with the following changes:

• New Premium Feature: New options to "Hide in Big Box" have been added to platforms, platform categories, and playlists
  • New Premium Feature: Jewel Case and Long Jewel Case models have been added to the 3D Models features. Platforms will automatically utilize this model where applicable with regionalized front spines available for certain platforms. It is also available as an option under the platform's 3D Model Settings in LaunchBox.
  • Improvement: Support for Amiga WHDLoad filename parsing has been added to the ROM Import wizard
  • Fixed: Categories and playlists that contain no items will no longer appear in Big Box
  • Fixed: Changing the Default Additional Application for a GOG game would sometimes launch the wrong app
  • Like 8