LaunchBox Community Forums

Sony Vita import to Launchbox

Joe35car

Which text files do I use? Clear Names or Vita IDs or the one in the files folder?

OK I must be missing a step. I used the Sony PlayStation Via XML in this pack and changed the path to H:\Sony Vita Text. This is the file that's in the file folder? Games show up in Launchbox but shows only the ID number. I also noticed when I delete say YouTube from the list it will reappear when I restart LB. All the games were imported to Vitka emulator months ago and all launch. That setup is correct. I just can't figure out what the heck I'm doing wrong. What do I do with the CLEAR NAMES txt file? What file should I be pointing the application path to in the xml?

Files folder? What is it.

CLEAR NAMES TXT what is it?

Sony PlayStation Vita XML = I know what this is.

VITA IDs? What is the difference from this and the one in the Files folder?

Uggg I know I'm missing something simple.

Edited by Joe35car

OK I now have the games showing in launchbox with the names but games aren't launching now. In the Sony Playstation Vita xml what is the path I set it to?  I mean which txt? The ones in the file folder or the vita ids?

UPDATE: Well seems to be working now. Games are showing names. The games are launching. I have a total of 988 games in my list. I just have to do a little cleaning up deleting crap like crunchyroll, facebook etc and some games merged together which are different games. Overall though much better. Thanks for putting up with my rants lol.

Edited by Joe35car

• 2 months later...
On 5/4/2024 at 3:11 AM, zugswang said:

Saw that but its too much manual entry for a large collection. Also you still have 2 copies of the games since Vita3k requires the games to be installed in its emulated storage directory. 

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, ibleedspeed said:

Saw that but its too much manual entry for a large collection. Also you still have 2 copies of the games since Vita3k requires the games to be installed in its emulated storage directory. 

You don't have to have to have two copies of the game once imported into Vita.  You just put the pointer txt files with Vita ID in the ux0\app\####### directory where the eboot.bin is located and get rid of the PKG file (or imported zip).  

I use a Windows PS script to automatically generate the pointer files in each game folder based on the eboot.bin folder parent name.  A second one generates the game name for each VitaID in the folder so helps on import. But still doesn't get you out of manual edit of the name. No easy way for these systems unless someone does a plugin similar to the one LB had for PS3 (for same reasons as Vita). 

Screenshot2024-05-07203115.thumb.png.06d554c36027818a7437beb500dadc66.png

Edited by sundogak

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/27/2024 at 10:00 AM, Kurtastrophe said:

Joe this is the post you needed to check out from Jonny0r. Make sure the games are installed into the Vita emulator. Then point launch box to the text files that are included in this download as your ROMs. Edit the script file that is in here with notepad using replace all for the ROM location to where you're keeping the ROMs. Then copy the script file into your launchbox data platforms folder. 

In the same situation.

Got games installed in vita3k, all games come under zip format, works without issues if they are started from vita3k directly, but while i add to launchbox, i am probably missing something, even after reading this post few times already.

Can you explain like detailed step by step how to add a game in launchbox please.

Thanks in advance

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, brookbrook87 said:

In the same situation.

Got games installed in vita3k, all games come under zip format, works without issues if they are started from vita3k directly, but while i add to launchbox, i am probably missing something, even after reading this post few times already.

Can you explain like detailed step by step how to add a game in launchbox please.

Thanks in advance

Place game ID (same name as folder) in a dummy text file in the folder with the eboot.bin. In this case PCSA00027.txt  The emulator will only launch directly into a game if the Game ID is used. 

Screenshot2024-05-25202300.thumb.png.ebdb263482c2f13cd9fac1d250a71a2d.png

Setup your emulator in LB.  Add the -F and -r switches to the Default Command Line entry.  Make sure to check the boxes for remove quotes,extension/folder path are checked. 

Screenshot2024-05-25202106.thumb.png.f2019c5f22f4fc1922d64c8885821955.png

Import the text file as a "rom".  Manually override the name at the last step of import to indicate actual game title (in this case Freedom Wars).

Screenshot2024-05-25202156.thumb.png.cb7343a8e98ac227ea48b331cddcab27.png

If you don't want to manually do the text files you can use this batch file placed in the ux0\app\ directory.  If run from there it will take the name of each parent folder and create a text file in the game folder. 

idfile.bat

Screenshot2024-05-25204018.png.6d28005b0bab99d1fc324b617e4d65c8.png

Edited by sundogak
add batch file

• 3 months later...
On 1/15/2024 at 3:14 PM, Jonny0r said:

Over the weekend i added approx ~IDs to the Database.

I added in the .rar the Clear Names, the Vita IDs and the Vita Database with all information. 

So in worst case, simply add as much as you find and exchange the database file, i guess lots will be covered. :)

PSVITA - Launchbox.rar 373.04 kB · 114 downloads

Hi. Is there a European equivalent of the Sony Playstation Vita.xml file? Or instead is it possible to convert a PCSB/F ID to a PCSA/E ID? My games are all PCSB and PCSF.