LaunchBox Community Forums

13.7 Beta Thread

faeran

22 hours ago, dojogrant said:

So something with the auto-import is breaking for me. I now am permanently stuck on importing games, so the application never loads, so I can't turn that back off in the app. Is there a file I can edit to change that setting so I can load the application?

If there are any x game added notifications and a new games import screen vanishes with the notification screen. It's a problem came with 13.6

22 hours ago, dojogrant said:

So something with the auto-import is breaking for me. I now am permanently stuck on importing games, so the application never loads, so I can't turn that back off in the app. Is there a file I can edit to change that setting so I can load the application?

I can't be 100% sure, but in your Launchbox/Data folder there's a file called Settings.xml.  Open that up and search for import.  There's a flag that's labeled <EnableAutomatedImports>  If you set that flag to false I would assume that disables it.  Should look like this to disable it

<EnableAutomatedImports>false</EnableAutomatedImports>

Make a backup of that file before you edit/save it, just in case my instructions are wrong... so can revert back to what it was before.

Edited by CDBlue

Beta 4 is now out with the following:

• Improvement: EA and Xbox Storefront credential tokens should now last longer before expiring
  • Improvement: Available translation updates have been added (thanks to all of our translators)
  • RetroAchievements integrations have been disabled at this time due to the extended downtime of their API
  • Like 2

How to I stop LB from starting update download without prompting me first?

Here a log if it helps.

Debug 2023-09-26 02-54-25 PM.log

I don't understand why it started this, if I turn off the "Update to Beta Releases" it stops of course. As soon as I turn them back on, it automatically starts downloading as soon as I open LB. I posted about it once before when this beta first released.

If I cancel the download, then I have LB check for updates, again, no prompt, it just starts downloading.

UPDATE: uploaded setting file as well

Settings.7z

Edited by The Papaw
added Settings file

8 minutes ago, The Papaw said:

How to I stop LB from starting update download without prompting me first?

Here a log if it helps.

Debug 2023-09-26 02-54-25 PM.log 658.3 kB · 0 downloads

I don't understand why it started this, if I turn off the "Update to Beta Releases" it stops of course. As soon as I turn them back on, it automatically starts downloading as soon as I open LB. I posted about it once before when this beta first released.

If I cancel the download, then I have LB check for updates, again, no prompt, it just starts downloading.

UPDATE: uploaded setting file as well

Settings.7z 9.31 kB · 0 downloads

Go into Options > General > Updates and turn off "Automatically Download Updates in the Background". After you do this, you may need to go into your LaunchBox\Updates folder and delete the latest setup file.

13 minutes ago, faeran said:

Go into Options > General > Updates and turn off "Automatically Download Updates in the Background". After you do this, you may need to go into your LaunchBox\Updates folder and delete the latest setup file.

I think I may have found it, it has to do with the notification settings in LB, it happens when I turn on Use Message Boxes (what I been using), see SS. If I change it to Launchbox Notifications it doesn't do it. @faeran, (I never had the auto on)

Untitled.thumb.jpg.63a4b1272bb0fa3630b6c7e7fa185286.jpg

Edited by The Papaw

11 minutes ago, The Papaw said:

I think I may have found it, it has to do with the notification settings in LB, it happens when I turn on Use Message Boxes (what I been using), see SS. If I change it to Launchbox Notifications it doesn't do it.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.63a4b1272bb0fa3630b6c7e7fa185286.jpg

Ah yes. Thanks for pointing that out. Message Boxes is a deprecated system and we'll internally decide what we want to do about it moving forward.

Highly recommend sticking with LaunchBox Notifications moving forward.

5 minutes ago, faeran said:

Ah yes. Thanks for pointing that out. Message Boxes is a deprecated system and we'll internally decide what we want to do about it moving forward.

Highly recommend sticking with LaunchBox Notifications moving forward.

ahhhh crap, I hate things that want to pop-up in places that don't belong to them.......I hope it gets to stay in

Hello. My problem is that a video is playing while working with Launchbox. If I minimize the launchbox window from the top right, the video sound is turned off and Launchbox minimizes. However, if I want to minimize Launchbox from the toolbar at the bottom or from the bottom right corner with the show desktop option, the video music sound does not stop. So the video continues to run in the background. This can be annoying when working with a few things.  Do I make myself clear with my broken English? Thanks for your help.

On 9/23/2023 at 12:34 PM, CDBlue said:

I can't be 100% sure, but in your Launchbox/Data folder there's a file called Settings.xml.  Open that up and search for import.  There's a flag that's labeled <EnableAutomatedImports>  If you set that flag to false I would assume that disables it.  Should look like this to disable it

<EnableAutomatedImports>false</EnableAutomatedImports>

Make a backup of that file before you edit/save it, just in case my instructions are wrong... so can revert back to what it was before.

Thank you so much! This stopped it!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Retrogamer4423 said:

Hello. My problem is that a video is playing while working with Launchbox. If I minimize the launchbox window from the top right, the video sound is turned off and Launchbox minimizes. However, if I want to minimize Launchbox from the toolbar at the bottom or from the bottom right corner with the show desktop option, the video music sound does not stop. So the video continues to run in the background. This can be annoying when working with a few things.  Do I make myself clear with my broken English? Thanks for your help.

I understand what you're reporting (or believe I do) but cannot replicate. I can't even right click on the toolbar item without it stopping the video. How long have you been experiencing this? Also can you go to Tools > Options > General > Video Playback and let me know if you are using VLC or WMP? If you change the option do you still run into the issue?

4 saat önce C-Beats şunları söyledi:

Neyi rapor önerdii (ya da anladığınız bölgelere) ama tekrarlayamıyorum. Videoyu durdurmadan aracın gücünüzü sağ tıklayamıyorum bile. Ne yapıyorsun bunu yaşıyorsun? Ayrıca Araçlar > Seçenekler > Genel > Video Oynatma'ya gidip VLC mi yoksa WMP mi kullandığımı bana bildirebilir misiniz? Seçeneği değiştirirseniz hala sorunla karşılaşıyor musunuz?

Thank you for your quick response. I prefer to use vlc but I also tried wmp. Actually this is not a problem. I want to minimize the launchbox if it is open while working with different applications. If I do this from the button in picture 1, when the launchbox returns to the toolbar, the sound of the platform or game video playing at that time pauses. But if I choose to return to the toolbar from picture 2, the sound does not stop. The video continues to play. This can become annoying when navigating between apps, often repeating itself. I am attaching the pictures below. Have a healthy day.

Resimler 1.jpg

Resimler 2.jpg

Edited by Retrogamer4423

Beta 5 is out with the following changes:

• Improvement: More logic added to help keep EA and Epic Games authenticated for longer
  • Fixed: The Automatic RetroArch downloader has been fixed and will once again download the emulator (It broke due to a change with Libretro's Buildbot)
  • Fixed: Update prompt will now appear when using MessageBox Notifications
  • Like 5

Hi all, running the latest beta and I ran into an issue. When I attempt to open options from LB, a second window attempts to open and causes LB to stop responding. The second window appears to be a login for EA Play.

Everything else seems to be working fine.

Yeni beta sürüm seçenek kısmına girdiğimde donuyor. Bir daha açılmayacak. Hata "EA Play Hesabınıza Giriş Yapın"dır (yanıt vermiyor). Diğer menüler iyi, ancak seçeneklere tıkladığımda ayrı bir sayfa açılıyor ve ben herhangi bir yere gidemeden başlatma kutusu kilitleniyor. Doğrudan EA uygulamasını ve hesap uygulamamı açmayı denesem bile sorun çözülmüyor. Ayrıca 13.7 betası çok geç açılıyor. Tools Import EA üzerinden EA'ya bağlanmaya çalıştığımda aşağıdaki gibi bir ekranla karşılaşıyorum ancak kullanıcı hesabımı tanımıyor. I am very grateful for all your work, Will there be edited Turkish language support?

WhatsAppImage2023-09-30at12_47.45(1).thumb.jpeg.64d1dd3bdf8b6e58927acafafa8381cd.jpegWhatsAppImage2023-09-30at12_47_45.thumb.jpeg.a7b6dcbbfd82bb4ab8a7a2d176bcd3d4.jpegWhatsAppImage2023-09-30at12_53_19.thumb.jpeg.c397b3dbe64564a9ae49d35a44e10519.jpegWhatsAppImage2023-09-30at12_54_40.thumb.jpeg.7dd6120f9de4112fb00934d6ca6133c0.jpeg

Edited by Retrogamer4423

I can confirm the same issue as @BigCaah and @eonder87

It happens every time I try to go into Tools > Options

All I can do is kill LB in task manager. 

UPDATE 1: I also tried to go into Tools > Manage> Storefronts and logging into all that apply to me, shutting down LB and re-open.

I still get the pop-up when trying to go into the options and have to kill LB

UPDATE 2: Also noticed after restarting LB, sometimes the Epic stays logged in, sometimes it doesn't and when I click on it, it appears to log in instantly, not sure if LB is sending false info about log in status or actually not logging in?

Also, not sure if Ubisoft Connect is suppose to be displayed this way (without options), so I updated Uplay manully, logged into it, checked the "Remember" box, restarted LB and no change to the Ubisoft Connect. 

Untitled.thumb.jpg.d5b3f9c5d9d857778e5178855a999f36.jpg

Edited by The Papaw
added more testing info