LaunchBox Community Forums

13.7 Beta Thread

faeran

Hey everyone,

LaunchBox 13.7 beta 1 has been released with the main one being an all new Manage Storefront window that contains a host of new features.

Beta 1:

• New Feature: A new Manage Storefronts window allows for easy access of your storefront credentials and automated import settings. This can be found in Tools > Manage > Manage Storefronts
  • Improvement: You can now automatically import your storefront games that are not currently installed
  • Improvement: You can now change your automated import settings per storefront
  • Improvement: You can now manually run the automated import process. This can be done by going to Tools > Scan > Scan for Storefront Games, or by right clicking the LaunchBox taskbar icon (if enabled) and selecting Scan for Added Games
  • Improvement: The Genre sidebar filter now nests genre / sub-genre pairs similar to the on-the-fly filter
  • Improvement: The media download default settings during an import have been changed for new users, which can then be adjusted to the user's liking
  • Improvement: Launching an additional application listed as a document will no longer increment Play Count or Play Time
  • Improvement: Added the '.chm' file extension to the list of extensions used to identify an additional application as a document
  • Improvement: Updated Ubisoft's game import and install state logic to match some changes made in Ubisoft's processes
  • Fixed: Steam Trailer media type would always appear checked in the Steam Import wizard instead of being set to the last value
  • Fixed: Platform Icons weren't displaying for free users correctly if there was an '&' in the name of the platform or playlist
  • Fixed: In Big Box some of the controller binding images were incorrect
  • Fixed: Several rare errors related to the Download Metadata and Media process
  • Fixed: The tooltip string was missing in the Default theme's 3D model preview
  • Fixed: LaunchBox's Default theme's Font folder was remaining locked after closing LaunchBox

Beta 2:

• Improvement: Big Box's Recent Games list has been adjusted to better represent games a user last played
  • Improvement: The Most Played Game listed in Platform/Filter details is now chosen based on both play count and play time, instead of just play count
  • Fixed: Some LaunchBox themes were using more memory than they should and not releasing it correctly
  • Fixed: Storefront auto import setting was incorrectly being applied (introduced in beta 1)

Thanks to everyone helping us test this release, we really appreciate it.

• Like 17
  • Game On 1

Thank you for releasing the new version.

LB version: 13.6 stable~13.7 β1
Problem: When starting the game with the enter key, the assigned emulator starts twice. (There is no problem if it is started by double-clicking the mouse or Ctrl+P)

I'm having the same issue on both my desktop and laptop PCs.
It may be due to my PC environment.
Is there anyone having the same problem?

Please disable the auto-import option for Steam. I don't use Steam for Launchbox but if anyone wants to open with an on options. 

And i encountered a notification bug on 13.6 maybe it has this version too.
While the "10 new games added" notification is visible when I try adding new games the screen disappears at some point and I cannot fix it until I restart Launchbox.

+ but I can't see the Turkish Translate on this beta version.

On 9/2/2023 at 2:06 AM, Mike Stewart said:

No issues so far. I really like this improvement, so many thanks! Quick question which is unrelated to the beta content but topically related - are there any plans to integrate the Legacy Games launcher at some point?

You can use the Request a Feature link, which is under Help & Support at the top of the page. We triage feature requests there based on votes.

On 9/5/2023 at 5:52 AM, Eyebrows Cat said:

Thank you for releasing the new version.

LB version: 13.6 stable~13.7 β1
Problem: When starting the game with the enter key, the assigned emulator starts twice. (There is no problem if it is started by double-clicking the mouse or Ctrl+P)

I'm having the same issue on both my desktop and laptop PCs.
It may be due to my PC environment.
Is there anyone having the same problem?

Turn on Startup Screens to see if that helps

2 hours ago, eonder87 said:

Please disable the auto-import option for Steam. I don't use Steam for Launchbox but if anyone wants to open with an on options. 

And i encountered a notification bug on 13.6 maybe it has this version too.
While the "10 new games added" notification is visible when I try adding new games the screen disappears at some point and I cannot fix it until I restart Launchbox.

+ but I can't see the Turkish Translate on this beta version.

The option is under Tools > Manage > Storefronts. You can disable it from there.

You should create a separate post, maybe under troubleshooting with as much information as you can add about your issue.

Also, don't worry, translations will get added before release.

Great update, however, I am still having issues with the last played list and most played game sections on big box. 

Regarding the last played section, it seems that the last game listed is not the last game played, in addition it seems that the list is populating random games and is not keeping an accurate list of previously played games.

Regarding the most played game section, the name of the game listed does not represent the most played game.  This does seem to be accurate on Launchbox, though.

Thanks

Edited by Vader

1 hour ago, Vader said:

Regarding the last played section, it seems that the last game listed is not the last game played, in addition it seems that the list is populating random games and is not keeping an accurate list of previously played games

I believe this is being caused because that section uses the most recent date of either the last played OR updated timestamp. It's possible those are getting hit by one of the startup processes and getting updated causing what you're seeing. We have it down to look into the logic to make it a little less confusing.

1 hour ago, Vader said:

Regarding the most played game section, the name of the game listed does not represent the most played game

Can you check your "Hide Games" settings within Big Box. I looked in the code and this call is the same between both apps which leads me to believe you may have a setting hiding a game that isn't in LaunchBox (or vice versa).

12 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Can you check your "Hide Games" settings within Big Box. I looked in the code and this call is the same between both apps which leads me to believe you may have a setting hiding a game that isn't in LaunchBox (or vice versa).

I did check, and as far as I can tell I have no hidden games, and none of the hide game selections are on. I only have one platform installed at the moment which is mame.

1 minute ago, Vader said:

I did check, and as far as I can tell I have no hidden games, and none of the hide game selections are on. I only have one platform installed at the moment which is mame.

Would if be possible for you to throw your \\LaunchBox\Data\ folder into a zip file and PM it to me so I can take a look and see if I can replicate what you're seeing on my end?

18 minutes ago, TheNewClassics said:

Thanks for the updates LB team. With regards to the storefronts, my EA login needs to be redone on a daily basis. Does anyone know if that's something that could be changed, maybe even within EA itself?

I'll have to look. I don't recall what their token expiration period is. I know we've changed it with this version to last longer than it did but I don't recall the amount of time they give us with it.

Beta 2 is out with the following changes:

• Improvement: Big Box's Recent Games list has been adjusted to better represent games a user last played
  • Improvement: The Most Played Game listed in Platform/Filter details is now chosen based on both play count and play time, instead of just play count
  • Fixed: Some LaunchBox themes were using more memory than they should and not releasing it correctly
  • Fixed: Storefront auto import setting was incorrectly being applied (introduced in beta 1)
  • Like 3