LaunchBox Community Forums

13.7 Beta Thread

faeran

On 10/3/2023 at 12:10 PM, C-Beats said:

@goin3d @Beforedeth @Vader Can you update to the latest beta and let us know if you're stilling having the issue with your options window not opening correctly? We believe it to be resolved in this latest push and would love to have confirmation as such from some users who were experiencing the issue.

If it's of any interest to team or @shadoweez . I found my issue. I deleted my settings file and the "options" began working.

Upon further investigation, using the newly created setting file, I found missing artwork again. Same as I posted about before.

After looking at the Platforms.xml, it's an issue related to a mixture of absolute paths and relative paths both being in the file. I'm not able to quickly fix this in the Platforms.xml as I have done so in the past with notepad++,  as there seems to be a cached file somewhere over riding any changes I make to my Platforms.xml. It appears the only way I seem to be able fix this is to do it go through every platform and fix every path one at a time an allow LB to save it's relative path that I navigate too.  Am I missing something on a quicker way to fix the paths????

Edited by The Papaw

4 hours ago, The Papaw said:

If it's of any interest to team or @shadoweez . I found my issue. I deleted my settings file and the "options" began working.

Upon further investigation, using the newly created setting file, I found missing artwork again. Same as I posted about before.

After looking at the Platforms.xml, it's an issue related to a mixture of absolute paths and relative paths both being in the file. I'm not able to quickly fix this in the Platforms.xml as I have done so in the past with notepad++,  as there seems to be a cached file somewhere over riding any changes I make to my Platforms.xml. It appears the only way I seem to be able fix this is to do it go through every platform and fix every path one at a time an allow LB to save it's relative path that I navigate too.  Am I missing something on a quicker way to fix the paths????

Where can i find this setting file in Launchbox?

3 hours ago, The Papaw said:

@shadoweez, I woud put your original Settings file back then, maybe turn on debugging, and post you your log here for the devs to take a peak at it, they're great folks.

So when i copy back my original settings its back. Wierd.

Screenshot (73).png

Edited by shadoweez
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, The Papaw said:

I am curious why "THE FIX" in the last beta fixed some and didn't fix others? Do myself and @shadoweez have something in common that the others didn't have?

specs:

Win10
Nvidea 1080ti
Dual 4k monitors
non-standard media locations

gotta be something I would think????

Anyone have any ideas?

Having the same issue here. With beta 5 and beta 6, LaunchBox crashes when I try to access the options. I tried the fix which @The Papaw mentioned but it gives me the same error as @shadoweez Also, I turned on debug mode, but no log appears after the crash.

Edited by bundangdon

With the new Manage Storefront option, I can't find a location to specify Platform for the Imported Storefront.  I have mine broken up Platform for each storefront, and using auto import will import everything into Windows.  Can this be made an option for Manage Storefront? Platform + Scrape As, the same as a standard import.

Also, it's not just from this beta, but from the new default LB theme, but I'm losing my scroll bars randomly.

Thanks!

- Alerum

Couple of questions about the behavior auto-importing Windows based games w/ the new Manage Storefront feature (took me forever to find where you moved this!  lol)

1) Does auto-import trigger when BigBox is launched?  Or only when Launchbox is launched? 

2) Auto-import seems to only download a small "minimum viable" collection of media.  I have to re-run the media download routine to get everything.   (not a big deal, just would like to understand the intent here)

thanks for all the hard work!

26 minutes ago, Fursphere said:

2) Auto-import seems to only download a small "minimum viable" collection of media.  I have to re-run the media download routine to get everything.   (not a big deal, just would like to understand the intent here)

This is intended behavior at this time. The idea being that we want the app to get you up and running as quick as possible with the artwork actually used in the app by default without bloating out the hard drive space required for a lot of media you may never even see or look at.

• Like 1

I’ve been having a new issue launch box media is still playing once game is started can you add menu audio options? I hate just muting it in my windows audio settings and if one day I can get big box it will be nice to have. Is there any way to sample big box for a month or until Xmas? O.o 

20 hours ago, bundangdon said:

Having the same issue here. With beta 5 and beta 6, LaunchBox crashes when I try to access the options. I tried the fix which @The Papaw mentioned but it gives me the same error as @shadoweez Also, I turned on debug mode, but no log appears after the crash.

Dropping in to report the same issue.

Also, did anyone come across this yet? May not be related to beta.

image.png.9ccc39d42b4c13a366a6f9433490ce74.png

Edited by Cineaste

11 hours ago, Cineaste said:

You are right - I downgraded after getting hit with the Options menu bug but the beta does fix the above.

The latest official version, released earlier today, should fix the problem with the LaunchBox options menu-window. Thanks a lot to @faeran and the rest of the LB team for getting this resolved quickly!

• 2 weeks later...