LaunchBox Community Forums

13.7 Beta Thread

faeran

1 hour ago, The Papaw said:

When opened v13.7.1 after ya'll pushed new release v13.7.2, I'm not being prompted about updating. It just automatically starts downloading new beta. Setting are same as has been for years. Just reporting.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.76afe67a00dfc8c6fbdae664cd9c4779.jpg

Working fine on my builds and my test machine. The download prompt appears and even the notification bell shows an update is available. What theme are you using? 

Screenshot 2023-09-13 at 6.27.06 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-09-13 at 6.28.39 PM.png

6 hours ago, faeran said:

Fixed: Some LaunchBox themes were using more memory than they should and not releasing it correctly

Is this related to the issue I mentioned at the end of the previous beta cycle?

"I am still occasionally having to force kill the Launchbox  process when sometimes after closing and trying to re-open (even after a significant wait) I get a message that it is still running."

10 hours ago, Retro808 said:

Working fine on my builds and my test machine. The download prompt appears and even the notification bell shows an update is available. What theme are you using? 

LB theme was the default LB theme, I got no download prompt. I usually get what you got in your screenshots. Maybe it won't happen with next update. . .

12 hours ago, Drybonz said:

Is this related to the issue I mentioned at the end of the previous beta cycle?

"I am still occasionally having to force kill the Launchbox  process when sometimes after closing and trying to re-open (even after a significant wait) I get a message that it is still running."

No, LB process is intentionally running for a small period of time after you close the main window as this is when the closing save event occurs. Once the save event is finished the process will close itself (or should).

24 minutes ago, Drybonz said:

If it was not closing for, say, 10 minutes or more, would that be normal?

No. Save process shouldn't typically take more than a minute or two. If you're looking on Task Manager and there is no disk i/o being reported the process may be hung for some reason.

I can confirm that the recents list issue on BigBox seems to have been fixed with this update. So far, no additional random games are being added to the recents list. However, there seems to be a small issue in that games that were added to the list prior to this update, cannot be deleted via the reset recent games option. As a result, only games added after this update can be deleted. Therefore, Is there another way to remove these games, so I can start fresh?

Thanks

Edited by Vader

I have got two bugs with the latest Beta:

1) I need to click on Login on the Storefront Manager everyday to login for ea and epic again. Steam etc. is working fine. When i click on login a browser opens and closes directly, I dont need to re-enter my credantials. After that everything works fine for one day.

2) When i install a Game via drag and drop and there is stil a media import running, the Import wizard closes sometimes and i cant go any further. After that i have to kill the Launchbox Task and start again. Maybe it could have something to do with the popups on the lower right whitch are closing at the same time.

Thank you :)

On 9/14/2023 at 6:06 AM, C-Beats said:

No, LB process is intentionally running for a small period of time after you close the main window as this is when the closing save event occurs. Once the save event is finished the process will close itself (or should).

I noticed when the save event is occurring that I can still hear the audio from the last video snap that was playing when I close BB.  Is there a way to get the audio to stop (or at least mute) while the process is closing itself out?

Hi all, i was hoping this new storefront stuff would allow better management of MS PC Game Pass.  I've noticed that when importing games from my microsoft account, i can only import games that i've downloaded and launched at least once.  Is there any way to just import all games "available" to the account, i.e. games that have been newly added to gamepass that i haven't played yet?  I know there's an integration in PlayNite that has this functionality, but i'm not sure how they're pulling it off.  

How is everyone managing gamepass (if anyone has it)?  Would love to have this functionality - i would've completely missed that Lies of P had come out today were it not for noticing that it had popped up in my PlayNite library (i use both frontends in parallel because each has features that the other doesn't - but this functionality is the last thing keeping me from using LB exclusively!)

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Feez said:

Is there any way to just import all games "available" to the account, i.e. games that have been newly added to gamepass that i haven't played yet? 

As of version 13.7-beta-1, you can do that. 

• Improvement: You can now automatically import your storefront games that are not currently installed

Since you're posting in this thread, I assume you have at least 13.7-beta-1 installed.

Click ToolsManageStorefronts.  Next to the storefront you want to change, click the dropdown box next to Import and select All Games.

image.thumb.png.2e118c6802276a237aae163754ca5857.png

Keep in mind this is still a beta release.  If you come across any issues with this feature, please post them in this thread.  

1 hour ago, Feez said:

this functionality is the last thing keeping me from using LB exclusively!

We'll hold you to that. ;) 

Thanks for the reply!  It's.....odd.  I have that selected and _some_ of the games show up but not all of them.  For example if i take a look at the "recently added" section in game pass:

image.thumb.png.3053b6517d76cf813a9685d057fb4884.png

and then take a look at the "pre-import" list:

image.thumb.png.4e8ef68830d21712b35b0b10ea31b195.png

Lies of P and Spiritfarer are in the list, but Starfield and Solar Ash aren't.  Worth noting that i've installed and played both Lies of P and Starfield, but not the other two. 

Happy to post some logs, just let me know what you need!

7 hours ago, vahn65 said:

Is anyone else having issues with Pause and start-up themes since updating? I only get the default start-up and pause themes in Bigbox even though I have the Pulse Startup and pause themes applied? 

This would be unrelated to the beta and points to more of a configuration issue of the themes. I would start a separate topic under troubleshooting if you require assistance.

On 9/13/2023 at 8:48 PM, Drybonz said:

I got this again today.  I had closed LB and came back hours later and found that it would not start due to another instance and had to be task killed.

Small issue when deleting games. Usually the Yes / No buttons look like this.

image.png.40a5cb8011f245a31f110853fc9f29fb.png

Now, they occasionally have no styling.

image.png.827e5ed7ce17528809fd8d697bfb35fd.png

I can't replicate it on demand. I would say every 10th time or some of removing an entry I see this. I only started to see this during this beta cycle, but it has been a few months since I last used that function.

Edited by moudrost
Better image added.