LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox 13.16 - Beta Thread

faeran

On 9/7/2024 at 7:58 AM, e2zippo said:

Getting a crash after just leaving LB for a while.

UCEERR_RENDERTHREADFAILURE (0x88980406)

App: LaunchBox
Version: 13.16-beta-4
Theme: Big Details
Type: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
Site: Void CompleteRender()
Source: PresentationCore

at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.CompleteRender()
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.OnResize()
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Recent Log:

10:49:29 Exception

This is a Direct X error. Make sure you're video card drivers are up to date.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

New Release:

I have a Game in Windows Category and it says "installing"...

I have auto import disabled, and didnt tell launchbox to install this game

I didn't change anything....

The Game was installed at least 2 years ago, and its in the same spot as before..

Quitting Launchbox and starting it again doesn't make it go away

On 9/5/2024 at 9:35 PM, Sbaby said:

I didn't make new saves after Launchbox started, the scan at startup doesn't work

it's like there are no launchbox saves, but I have thousands of them, to view the badges I have to click on them one by one 

This is happening to me now, it worked fine in the beta, then i went back to 13.15 and just installing 13.16 only shows when selecting for some games.

EDIT: Maybe it wasnt picking up everything before and i just hadn't noticed.

Also i've added batman beyond PS1 yesterday (not played) and its showing the same save as N64 version.

Screenshot 2024-09-12 152204.jpg

EDIT 2: Im using Retroarch 1.15 and sort saves and save states to folders with core name was off, maybe the default has changed on the latest version (i don't know why i would have turned that off.)

Screenshot 2024-09-12 151932.jpg

Edited by Rlad

2 hours ago, Rlad said:

This is happening to me now, it worked fine in the beta, then i went back to 13.15 and just installing 13.16 only shows when selecting for some games.

EDIT: Maybe it wasnt picking up everything before and i just hadn't noticed.

Also i've added batman beyond PS1 yesterday (not played) and its showing the same save as N64 version.

Screenshot 2024-09-12 152204.jpg

EDIT 2: Im using Retroarch 1.15 and sort saves and save states to folders with core name was off, maybe the default has changed on the latest version (i don't know why i would have turned that off.)

Screenshot 2024-09-12 151932.jpg

At least for your first issue, after app startup, if you simply change from one sidebar filter to another, does that kick in the badges?

28 minutes ago, faeran said:

At least for your first issue, after app startup, if you simply change from one sidebar filter to another, does that kick in the badges?

Im just moving them all into folders, changing sidebar category works for some not others after moving.

Edit: It's fixed the Batman issue though.

Edited by Rlad

3 hours ago, faeran said:

As far as I am concerned, it would seem to work but unfortunately for example for ps1 I have very few srm format saves from an old core, now I use the mcd format, in the retroarch folder for example I have both old and new Castlevania saves, the new ones are mcd but launchbox only sees me the old srm, could you please add support for the other extensions of the saves folders managed by retroarch? It would be nice that this way a user could see them well and manage them better.

My retroarch\saves folder 👇 the last save I made was from 2024 👇

image.thumb.png.9f55306b4d3811774c1bdd001f5b44ab.png

Launchbox automatically imported me only the old srm and savestate from 2019/2020, but not the new important saves in mcd format from 2024 👇 

image.thumb.png.5af25a53fb6cb60b40364a8c08e7982d.png

Edited by Sbaby

4 hours ago, faeran said:

Seems to be working now as im going through the saves, will see if i come across any more, got 100s of files to sort out.

I'm having two issues the first is the same as the user above that I have to click on each game for the save icons to appear even after cycling through game platform tabs. Second is that I have Super Nintendo named "Nintendo SNES" and the game save functions with only show if it's named "Super Nintendo Entertainment System"

Regarding the common problem of having to click on the game for the badge to appear, I would also like to point out that although the auto-populate option is turned on, the game is not automatically added to the 'Games with saves' playlist until you click on the game and the badge appears. Only after you click on the game will the badge appear and then it will be correctly added to the playlist. Otherwise, the playlist will not populate

3 hours ago, Lucoshi said:

Is there a way to disable the auto-writing the GUIDs in the next beta update? When i go edit the metadata it always writes GUID i'm not a big fan of it!

As you've been told several times, this GUID is appended to ensure that images that are for that game in question is assigned to that game in question. If you don't want a GUID to appear in the image files name your files in a way that no two games in the same platform have the same title. Typically to do so you'd append the publisher name in parens. Something like "Game Name (Publisher)" (without quotes). Please stop bringing this feature up or I'll be forced to revoke you post rights entirely.

57 minutes ago, betikito84 said:

When I say they don't appear, I mean in Launchbox, they do appear in the Dolphin emulator, but Launchbox doesn't detect them.

Yes, this is a know issue in relation to the badges not appearing in LaunchBox, though has been an issue ever since RA launched for Dolphin. This is because .rvz support needs to be included in the RA Hasher, which is what we use to detect if a game has achievements. So if your GameCube games are in .rvz format, then you won't be able to use achievement badges in LaunchBox (yet). We're hoping the RA folks implement this in the future, in which case we'd be able to take advantage of it, so that the badges would show up in LaunchBox