Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

Recommended Posts

Posted

This beta is nothing but impressive. Im loving the new plugins features as it seems to have somehow helped performance on both LB and BB. I am also happy that a long standing issue Ive been having for at least the past few versions of BB has been fixed. I run both standard MAME and another version to play Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 Plus, MAME64+, the latter of which always stuttered and lagged whenever I launched it through BB. With the new options to run in windowed fullscreen and choose a backend it runs flawlessly now. Thanks for the hot fixes and progress! 

Posted (edited)

If I use the pause screen to view achievements the window will freeze and everything is unresponsive.

 

Theme: Omni

Game Pause:  PauseShift

 

Edited by crusadeRGP
Posted

Closing Azahar as well as a few other emulators now cuts back to LB/BB for a split second before the shutdown screen appears. Before the shutdown screen flowed from the black screen sandbox and hid everything underneath. Was much better. This new way might prevent apps from unlatching from the startup screen so the startup screen will now always commence after closing, but some of the transitions have been broken.

Posted
On 9/29/2026 at 12:47 AM, MysterNybble said:

Thanks a few observations:

  • Big Box naturally waits for your startup video (TRON something or other) and according to these logs it's seems long - 96 seconds - does that seem right?  This might muddle the logs a little bit, so can you repeat this by pressing some keys/buttons during startup to "skip" the video?
  • Make sure LaunchBox/Big Box are completely closed when you pull the logs the Debug log especially looks cut off (only 5 lines which I'd expect many, many more)
  • Can you try the Default theme for the stutter issue? Want to confirm it's a Big Box issue or somethings specific to that theme. Let me know if Default behaves the same, worse, or better than what you're seeing in your preferred theme.

Thanks again!

Ok, so here are the new logs. I had some trouble trying to quit the startup video, but I was able to do it. Also, I tried the wheel with the default theme and still noticed the same stuttering. I have included a video that I took and you can see the stuttering.

MediaEngine 2026-09-30 07-19-21 PM.worker.log MediaEngine Client 2026-09-30 07-18-44 PM.log MediaEngine Client 2026-09-30 07-19-21 PM.log Debug 2026-09-30 07-18-40 PM.log Debug 2026-09-30 07-19-18 PM.log Debug 2026-09-30 07-19-53 PM.log Debug 2026-09-30 07-20-11 PM.log MediaEngine 2026-09-30 07-18-44 PM.worker.log

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...