LaunchBox Community Forums

Sammy Atomiswave

15 files

1. Sammy Atomiswave | Pre Configured. All Extra Hidden Content Unlocked. All games in English. Controls Pre Configured and Mapped. 2 Player Lightgun. Audio Volume Lowered Per Game. For RetroArch Flycast Core

UPDATE 1 - Added Extreme Hunting 2, KenJu & Force Five
    UPDATE 2 (11/08/2024) - Major update to folders for easy placement into the root folders of RA & LB. Everything is soooo much easier. Lightgun games can now be simply switched between Controllers & Lightguns. Inputs & Images are the same as the standalone pre config for consistency. Issue mitigations with content directory .cfg files. NEW install video coming very soon. The old one is now outdated.
    Lets not mess about with this one. If you are familiar with what I do then you know you are getting a quality pre configuration that has been researched and tested to death.

I spend hours doing this so you don't have to. Creating configurations for play....not display.
    As you are most likely aware, arcade platforms are a pain to setup. Controls aren't standardised and changing settings via test menus can be tiresome.

What this pre configuration gives you:

Firstly I want to talk about audio separately. More to the point just how ear bleedingly loud these games are and how they care not for your main device volume.
    So I have lowered the volume on a per game basis in their test menus so you don't have to reach for the volume control or wince every time you start a game.
    Most of these games are in MONO by default. I have changed all of these to be in STEREO.

Controls have been scrutinised and tested and revised and tested again. I haven't just set whatever. If a fighting game has a modern port or counterpart I have mapped it to the default layout for that modern version. Everything else has been mapped to be as intuitive as possible, and I have provided layout images so you need never be lost with buttons again.

-2 Player Mouse/Light Gun Ready
    -All Extra & Hidden Characters unlocked. There are 7 games with unlockable content
    -Censored content like blood is now uncensored
    -Analogue Volume adjusted for the racing games. This ensures a 1:1 analogue range for the steering and pedals on a controller (makes racers steering less twitchy)
    -All games in English
    -All games set to Free Play
    -Controls pre configured with layout images for reference and frontends. 
    -Light gun games calibrated for both players
    -Audio lowered on a per games basis
    -All games in Stereo
    -Sega Clay Shooting has native widescreen and has been setup for 16:9

INSTRUCTIONS:
    I have only configured for the parent versions Download RetroArch Files - Control Images & PlatformXML Place unzipped config & saves folders into the root folder of RetroArch Place unzipped Data & Images folders into the root of LaunchBox ENJOY!!! Intuitive controls and everything unlocked.  
    Here is the documentation for this configuration. Everything I have done on a per game basis is listed here.
    I have also provided any passwords, engineers codes, cheat codes and important information here also.
    This is a consolidation of information.
    Animal Basket
    anmlbskt -Area set to Other, Language set to English. Default is Japan/Japanese
    -Audio set to Stereo. Default is Mono
    -Audio Volume set to 5. Anything above that is way too loud. Default is 15
    -Difficulty set to Normal. Default is Easy
    -Coin Assignments set to Free Play Block Pong-Pong
    blokpong -Area set to Other, Language set to English. Default is Japan/Japanese
    -Audio Volume set to 10. Anything above that is way too loud. Default is 15
    -Location set to Normal
    -Coin Assignments set to Free Play Demolish Fist
    demofist -Area set to North America, Language set to English. Default is Japan/Japanese
    -Coin Assignments set to Free Play Dirty Pigskin Football
    dirtypig -Audio set to Stereo. Default is Mono
    -Audio Volume set to 11. Anything above that is way too loud. Default is 15
    -Game set to 4 Players. 2 is the Default.
    -Coin Assignments set to Free Play Dolphin Blue
    dolphin -Area set to North America, Language set to English. Default is Japan/Japanese
    -Coin Assignments set to Free Play Extreme Hunting
    xtrmhunt -Light Gun for mouse calibrated and accurate for RawInput 2 Players
    -Per game .cfg used for 2 Player mouse support
    -Coin Assignments set to Free Play Extreme Hunting 2
    xtrmhnt2 -Now playable in Flycast as of 03/2023
    -Light Gun for mouse calibrated and accurate for RawInput 2 Player
    -Game Mode set to 'Full Tour'
    -Per game .cfg used for 2 Player mouse support
    -Coin Assignments set to Free Play
    Faster Than Speed
    ftspeed -All cars unlocked. Type IX, X, XI and XII are selectable without having to unlock them
    -Game Mode set to Single Race. Default is Pre-Set
    -Analogue input calibrated in I/O Test. This ensures the 'analogue volume' covers the entire controller input range. (Makes driving games steering less twitchy)
    -Speedometer set to MPH. Default is KPH
    -Coin Assignments set to Free Play Fist Of The North Star
    fotns -Area set to North America, Language set to English. Default is Japan/Japanese
    -Coin Assignments set to Free Play Guilty Gear Isuka
    ggisuka -Area set to North America, Language set to English. Default is Japan/Japanese
    -Unaware of any unlocks. Please let me know if there is Guilty Gear X ver. 1.5
    ggx15 -Area set to North America, Language set to English. Default is Japan/Japanese
    -Unaware of any unlocks. Please let me know if there is King of Fighters Neowave, The
    kofnw -All 7 extra characters unlocked via Password.
    -You need to hold start then select the character on the following characters -

K' = Young Geese
    Juhn = Kim
    Maxima = Ramon
    Whip = Vanessa
    Chris = Orochi Chris
    Shermie = Orochi Shermie
    Yashiro = Orochi Yashiro

-Blood is On
    -Area set to Other. This allows Blood to be enabled in the Game Settings. Language set to English. Default is Japan/Japaneese
    -Audio Volume set to 11. Anything above that is way too loud. Default is 15

Passwords for Test Menu:
    ASF4 A4DQ F35S L568 - Unlocks all characters and Geese
    CM09 VIWM 1AHC 56ZL - Unlocks all characters except for Young Geese King of Fighters XI, The
    kofxi -All 5 extra characters unlocked. Normally takes multiple days of power on to unlock as its on a time release

Scroll all the way to the left or the right of the character select screen to find extra characters:
    Adelheid
    Jazu
    Silver
    Gai
    Hayate

-Area set to Other, Language set to English. This allows Blood to be enabled in the Game Settings
    -Blood is on
    -Audio set to 3. This game is ridiculously loud, stupid loud even. So 3 believe it or not is the best setting. Default is 15
    -Coin Assignments set to Free Play Knights of Valour: The Seven Spirits
    kov7sprt -Area set to North America, Language set to English. Default is Japan/Japanese
    -Audio Volume set to 9. Anything above that is way too loud. Default is 15
    -Coin Assignments set to Free Play Maximum Speed
    maxspeed -Analogue input calibrated in I/O Test. This ensures the 'analogue volume' covers the entire controller input range. (Makes driving games steering less twitchy)
    -Coin Assignments set to Free Play Metal Slug 6
    mslug6 -Red Blood enabled
    -Area set to North America, Language set to English. Default is Japan/Japanese
    -Coin Assignments set to Free Play NeoGeo Battle Coliseum
    ngbc -All 5 extra characters unlocked, which required the machine to be active for at least 74 days since power-on:

Scroll all the way to the left or the right of the character select screen to find extra characters:
    Athena
    King Lion
    Mars People
    Mizuchi
    Neo-Dio

-Audio Volume set to 9. Despite the volume being reduced this is still a loud game. This is due to the balance of the audio, music is really loud but if I bring it down to a tolerable level you can't hear the sound effects. A compromise had to be made. Default is 15
    -Coin Assignments set to Free Play Ranger Mission
    rangrmsn -Light Gun for mouse calibrated and accurate
    -Reload is Input Light Gun Aux A, NOT Input Light Gun Reload.
    -Audio Volume set to 6. Another offensively loud game. Default is 15
    -Coin Assignments set to Free Play Rumble Fish 2, The
    rumblef2 -All 3 extra characters unlocked.

Greed
    Hazama
    Beatrice

To play as Beatrice, move the cursor to Hazama, then press Upx4, Rightx2, Downx4, Leftx2, and finally Down.

-Time Attack and Survival Mode unlocked

To play Time Attack mode, hold both punch buttons and then press Start at the Title Screen.
    To play Survival mode, do the same but holding both kick buttons instead.

-Audio Volume set to 2, yes 2. My ears are bleeding, whats with these games being savagely loud. Default is 15
    -Coin Assignments set to Free Play Rumble Fish, The
    rumblef -Greed character unlocked via password SINKORSWIM. You need to do the following on the character select screen:

Highlight Orville, then press Rightx2
    Highlight Typhon then press Left
    Highlight Boyd then press Leftx3
    Highlight Zen and press Rightx2
    Press Up
    Greed should appear

-Audio Volume set to 3. Oww my freeekin ears. Default is 15
    -Coin Assignments set to Free Play Samurai Spirits Tenkaichi Kenkakuden / Samurai Showdown VI
    samsptk -Area set to North America, Language set to English. Default is Japan/Japanese
    -Voice changed to English
    -Audio Volume set to 10. Anything above that is way too loud. Default is 15 Sega Bass Fishing Challenge Version A
    basschal -Unplayable in RA at the moment due to unique controls. Playable in Flycast Standalone Sega Clay Challenge
    claychal -Light Gun for mouse calibrated and accurate. Did not register trigger properly until calibrated.
    -You can only shoot when moving the mouse due to mercury switches in the real light guns for the cabinet. They detect if you have the rifle pointed up-ish. So as a result you can only shoot when the mouse is moving. Like real trap shooting you have to track the target and shoot. There is an Infrared Gun Type option in the game bios however this doesn't work
    -Setup for 2 player mouse use. Using RawInput
    -Aspect Ratio set to Wide. Please adjust your RetroArch scaling settings to 16:9 and save a game override. One will be provided
    -Reload is Input Light Gun Aux A, NOT Input Light Gun Reload
    -Coin Assignments are unavailable. Requires coins to be input Sports Shooting USA
    sprtshot -Light Gun for mouse calibrated and accurate for both players.
    -Setup for 2 player mouse use. Using RawInput
    -Auto Reload is On
    -Coin Assignments set to Free Play Sushi Bar
    sushibar -Area set to North America, Language set to English. Default is Japan/Japanese
    -Coin Assignments set to Free Play WaiWai Drive
    waidrive -Unplayable in RA due to unique controls. Playable in Flycast Standalone  

6,766 downloads

(1 review)

18 comments

Updated

2. Sammy Atomiswave Fanart Pack by CORE Team

Sammy Atomiswave Fanart Pack compiled and created by CORE Team. 
    1920x1080 
    JPEG format
    No intro naming

35 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Submitted

3. Sammy Atomiswave - Themes Video [16:9]

Sammy Atomiswave - Themes Video [16:9]
    Recorded based on themes from hyperspin 🤘  Conversion to 16:9 by Mrfomt  🤘  
    Some of the corrections I have made
    Many thanks to the creators of the original themes.  🤘
    ---------------------------------------------

628 downloads

(0 reviews)

2 comments

Updated

4. Sammy Atomiswave Custom 2D Covers (fronts, backs and spines)

A collection of 32 2D front and back covers in jpg format.
    Meow!

278 downloads

(0 reviews)

4 comments

Updated

5. Metal Slug 6 - Theme Video [16:9]

Prepared by me from scratch remaster theme from Hyperspin.
    The HS original suffered from hiccups that could not be effectively eliminated.
     Original "correct" conversion to 16:9 by mrfomt
    I will post the entire set of video themes for Sammy Atomiswave next

150 downloads

(0 reviews)

1 comment

Updated

6. Sammy Atomiswave - Logos Carbon

Sammy Atomiswave - Logos Carbon

273 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

7. Sammy Atomiswave Custom 3D Boxes

A collection of custom 3D front and back boxes.
    25 games plus 4 possible non-releases.
    Meow!

612 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

8. Sammy Atomiswave Dreamcast Port Videos snaps

This is a Sammy Atomiswave Dreamcast Port Videos I made my self 
    This include Every video snaps for Sammy Atomiswave ported for Dreamcast is made by me with HQ and HD mp4 format.
    because is made by Sammy Atomiswave and I figured that its should stay here in own category
    enjoy them collection 
    Video demo of the snaps

106 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

9. Sammy Atomiswave - Norms Pre Configured NVMEM Test/Service Menu Settings to play in English, Free Play and Unlock Hidden Features.

Did you know Atomiswave and Naomi games have English language settings along with other important settings, features and unlocks you are missing out on!?
    Yes it's true, no more fumbling with Google Translate.
    With the NVMEM pack I have painstakingly put together you can get access to these features without having to go through those settings yourself.

I spend hours doing this so you don't have to  Creating a 'definitive' pack for play..... not display

-Unlock hidden game modes, characters and cars. Some games require engineer passwords to unlock characters, which has been done for you.
    -No need to add coins as every title here has been set to free play.
    -Every games audio has been set to stereo as mono is the default for many of them.
    -All light gun games have been calibrated in the test menu. This ensures accuracy.
    -Features like Blood in some games has now been turned on, as off is often the default.

'WHERE DO I PUT THESE FILES?' I hear you ask. If using the Flycast core in RetroArch go to RetroArch/saves/Sammy Atomiswave/reicast, and place them here.
    EDIT: Some people have been reporting their reicast saves folder is in a different location. It could be located 'RetroArch/saves/reicast' or 'RetroArch/saves/"rom location folder"/reicast'

Know that you aren't missing out on anything. Below is a table list of every game and the associated rom that these are for along with any engineer passwords that were required to use. Only the settings I changed are listed. Everything else was left as default as that is the preferred way to play. 

I do want to do this for Naomi too at some point. Then......MAME....Maybe.
    EDIT: THIS HAS NOW BEEN DONE. THE LINK IS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE
    Animal Basket
    anmlbskta -Area set to Other, Language set to English. Default is Japan/Japanese
    -Difficulty set to Normal. Default is Easy
    -Coin Assignments set to Free Play Block Pong-Pong
    blokpong -Area set to Other, Language set to English. Default is Japan/Japanese
    -Location set to Normal
    -Coin Assignments set to Free Play Demolish Fist
    demofist -Area set to North America, Language set to English. Default is Japan/Japanese
    -Coin Assignments set to Free Play Dirty Pigskin Football
    dirtypig -Audio set to Stereo. Default is Mono
    -Coin Assignments set to Free Play Dolphin Blue
    dolphin -Area set to Other, Language set to English. Default is Japan/Japanese
    -Coin Assignments set to Free Play Extreme Hunting
    xtrmhunt -Light Gun for mouse calibrated and accurate
    -Coin Assignments set to Free Play Extreme Hunting 2
    xtrmhnt2 -Unplayable in Flycast at the moment Faster Than Speed
    ftspeed -All cars unlocked. Type IX, X, XI and XII are selectable without having to unlock them
    -Game Mode set to Single Race. Default is Pre-Set
    -Speedometer set to MPH. Default is KPH
    -Coin Assignments set to Free Play Fist Of The North Star
    fotns -Area set to North America, Language set to English. Default is Japan/Japanese
    -Unaware of any unlocks. Please let me know if there is Guilty Gear Isuka
    ggisuka -Area set to North America, Language set to English. Default is Japan/Japanese
    -Unaware of any unlocks. Please let me know if there is Guilty Gear X ver. 1.5
    ggx15 -Area set to North America, Language set to English. Default is Japan/Japanese
    -Unaware of any unlocks. Please let me know if there is King of Fighters Neowave, The
    kofnw -All extra characters unlocked via Password. You need to hold start then select the character on the following characters - Juhn = Kim, Chris = Orochi Chris, Shermie = Orochi Shermie, Yashiro = Orochi Yashiro, Maxima = Ramon, Whip = Vanessa
    -Area set to Other, Language set to English. Default is Japan/Japaneese

Passwords:
    ASF4 A4DQ F35S L568 - Unlocks all characters and Geese
    CM09 VIWM 1AHC 56ZL - Unlocks all characters except for Young Geese King of Fighters XI, The
    kofxi -All extra characters unlocked (Adelheid, Gyazu, Silver, Gai and Hayate). Normally takes multiple days of power on to unlock as its on a time release
    -Area set to North America, Language set to English. Default is Japan/Japaneese
    -Unable to turn Blood on despite the option being right there. If you know how let me know. Knights of Valour: The Seven Spirits
    kov7sprt -Area set to North America, Language set to English. Default is Japan/Japaneese
    -Coin Assignments set to Free Play Maximum Speed
    maxspeed -Coin Assignments set to Free Play Metal Slug 6
    mslug6 -Red Blood enabled
    -Coin Assignments set to Free Play NeoGeo Battle Coliseum
    ngbc -All characters unlocked, which required the machine to be active for at least 74 days since power-on
    -Coin Assignments set to Free Play Ranger Mission
    rangrmsn -Light Gun for mouse calibrated and accurate
    -Coin Assignments set to Free Play Rumble Fish 2, The
    rumblef2 -All extra characters unlocked Greed, Hazama and Beatrice. To play as Beatrice, move the cursor to Hazama, then press Upx4, Rightx2, Downx4, Leftx2, and finally Down. To play Time Attack mode, hold both punch buttons and then press Start at the Title Screen. To play Survival mode, do the same but holding both kick buttons instead.
    -Time Attack and Survival Mode unlocked
    -Coin Assignments set to Free Play Rumble Fish, The
    rumblef -Greed character unlocked via password SINKORSWIM. You need to do the following on the character select screen:
    Highlight Orville, then press Rightx2
    Highlight Typhon then press Left
    Highlight Boyd then press Leftx3
    Highlight Zen and press Rightx2
    Press Up
    Greed should appear
    -Coin Assignments set to Free Play Samurai Spirits Tenkaichi Kenkakuden / Samurai Showdown VI
    samsptk -Area set to North America, Language set to English. Default is Japan/Japanese
    -Voice changed to English
    -Unaware of any unlocks. Please let me know if there is Sega Bass Fishing Challenge Version A
    basschal -Unplayable in Flycast at the moment due to bad controls and glitchy graphics Sega Clay Challenge
    claychal -Light Gun for mouse calibrated and accurate. Did not register trigger properly until calibrated. You can only shoot when moving the mouse due to mercury switches in the real light guns for the cabinet. They detect if you have the rifle pointed up-ish. So as a result you can only shoot when the mouse is moving. Like real trap shooting you have to track the target and shoot. There is an Infrared Gun Type option in the game bios however this doesn't work
    -Aspect Ratio set to Wide. Please adjust your RetroArch scaling settings to 16:9 and save a game override. One will be provided
    -Reload is Input Light Gun Aux A, NOT Input Light Gun Reload
    -Coin Assignments are unavailable. Requires coins to be input Sports Shooting USA
    sprtshot -Light Gun for mouse calibrated and accurate for both players.
    -Auto Reload is On
    -Coin Assignments set to Free Play Sushi Bar
    sushibar -Area set to North America, Language set to English. Default is Japan/Japanese
    -Coin Assignments set to Free Play WaiWai Drive
    waidrive -Unplayable in Flycast due to no controls. Test menu shows controls to be working but no movement in game.  

473 downloads

(0 reviews)

15 comments

Updated

10. Sammy Atomiswave 2.5D Front Boxart Complete

Complete collection of 2.5D Boxes for the Sammy Atomiswave

132 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Submitted

11. Sammy Atomiswave - 2D Covers (HD)

Hi all,
    Rebuild the Atomiswave Artwork Front cover (HD/UHD version).
    27 files - 1534x2100
    They use the rom name pattern.
    Enjoy!!
    PS: A new game cover add: - Kenju

Cauptain Inc. - cauptain@gmail.com - youtube.com/c/cauptain

1,145 downloads

(2 reviews)

5 comments

Updated

12. Sammy Atomiswave Silver Ring Reduced

This is my Atomiswave Wheel Set.
    I have reduced original Wheel to 500x251, HyperSpin works fine with small logos.
    27 Wheels + Blank.png + 2 repeated

170 downloads

(0 reviews)

1 comment

Submitted

13. Sammy Atomiswave Cartridges

Here are cartridges for 25 Sammy Atomiswave games

383 downloads

(0 reviews)

4 comments

Updated

14. Sammy Atomiswave 3D Case/Box

These are a set of quick 3D Cases for the Sammy Atomiswave set.
    These were created for myself quickly as i was missing this media type. These are nothing flashy, just plain and simple.
    Thanks to @Cauptain for his Sammy Atomiswave 2D Covers (HD)
    Please check out his other awesome box sets.
    and @vikingfor his awesome Hardware Platform Set

929 downloads

(1 review)

0 comments

Updated

15. Sammy Atomiswave

2D and 3D Cart Images for Sammy Atomiswave.

312 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Updated