LaunchBox Community Forums

Neon Deluxe Arcade - Launchbox Theme 13.8

(15 reviews)

5 Screenshots

About This File

Neon Deluxe Arcade - LaunchBox Theme

banner.thumb.jpg.9208381856bcd6ae8cb62a9ff2464501.jpg

Note: This thread will not be pushed to the front in the "whats new" section, if you want notifications for future updates to this file be sure to follow this page by using the follow button in the upper right corner.

INTRO:

In a dark alley lit by black light and neon, an arcade resides; Neon Deluxe Arcade.

Neon Deluxe Arcade is a series of themes, if you like you can download these to accompany the complete theme:

Neon Deluxe Arcade - Badges

Neon Deluxe Arcade - Big Box Theme

Neon Deluxe Arcade - Launchbox Theme

Neon Deluxe Arcade - Startup Theme (Street)

Neon Deluxe Arcade - Startup Theme (Inside)

Mr. RetroLust's Realistic Retroarch Bezels (Same style > Dimmed lit retro gaming)

Mr. RetroLust's - Mame 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Bezels (Same style > Dimmed lit retro gaming)

CREDITS:
Huge Thanks to @Grila for the inspiration and his permission and kindness to use his codes for especially the left sidebar and more from his LBPlex Launchbox Theme. Also huge thanks to @Rincewind for the inspiration and his permission and kindness to use his code of the Rincewind Launchbox Theme for full screen background images. I couldn't have made it as it is without you guys! Thanks to @C-Beats for adding the steam achievements to the theme, and the code for clear logos! Thanks to @faeran for the tip about video background transparency and the coding for the play time tracker. @Retro808 for the filters code, thanks man!

FEATURES:
More than I can mention, you just have to see it in action, one thing I can mention is that it features a bright green and slightly larger cache progress bar so you can't miss it when it's working to make a smooth experience :)

INSTALLATION:
Extract folder "Neon Deluxe Arcade LB" to Launchbox/LBThemes. Open Launchbox, go to Tools/Options/(Leftside bar) Visuals/Choose the theme in the dropdown bar. 

Tip: Tools/Options/Theme/Colors > Choose "Midnight Blue" for anything that was not possible to color change in Launchbox theming.

Important: This theme does not use fanart or platform backgrounds but a static 4K quality background, there are 7 backgrounds to choose from in the separate download, the image you want to display should be named "Background-01.jpg" and overwritten in \LBThemes\Neon Deluxe Arcade LB\Images. In order to get it working as you see in the screenshots please set your background settings to:

settings.thumb.PNG.58bf1e70e2c58e151b7077f742276927.PNG

Hope you enjoy, have fun brothers!

Edited by Mr. RetroLust

What's New in Version 13.8   See changelog

Released

- New search function and pop up for latest LB version, thanks to @faeran

• Like 41
  • Thanks 11
  • The Cake is a Lie 1
  • Unusual Gem 4

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

@Mr. RetroLust My added code means that you can switch between the overview aka normal view where it shows the details like publisher, pictures or videos and so on and the achievements view where it shows you all the earned and unearned achivements. That code is also present in the GameDetailsView.xaml from the default LB Theme at line 230. That is where i got it from. I hope you get what i mean. Sorry for the huge pictures, found nothing to resize them 

Clipboard01.jpgClipboard02.jpg

Edited by dreamy
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, dreamy said:

@Mr. RetroLust My added code means that you can switch between the overview aka normal view where it shows the details like publisher, pictures or videos and so on and the achievements view where it shows you all the earned and unearned achivements. That code is also present in the GameDetailsView.xaml from the default LB Theme at line 230. That is where i got it from. I hope you get what i mean. Sorry for the huge pictures, found nothing to resize them 

Clipboard01.jpgClipboard02.jpg

Got ya, thank you for pointing this out to me man, i'll add it back to the original code soon.

What's New in Version 2.9
Released Just now

- NOTE: You'll need the latest BETA for this ATM until the new version comes out
- Supports new Media Carousel Control and Achievements summary panel (see new screenshots)
- Added clear logo (Thanks to @C-Beats)

- Fixed Added back Overview and Achievements tab headers (thanks to @dreamy for pointing this out)
- Changed white colors to the theme's purple colors, if things don't look right please let me know, I don't have achievements or high score tables so I'm unable to see these.

• Like 1

FYI, The Aspect ratio of the videos in Launchbox no longer works with this new update and they have black borders, when previously they filled up the space.

Also no border on videos, and looked much better in previous versions using the faded look (IMO) 😉

164294861148772404.png

Edited by zugswang

54 minutes ago, zugswang said:

FYI, The Aspect ratio of the videos in Launchbox no longer works with this new update and they have black borders, when previously they filled up the space.

Also no border on videos, and looked much better in previous versions using the faded look (IMO) 😉

164294861148772404.png

The aspect ratio is correct at my side. Atm i'm not able to remove the black borders but that should work in an upcoming beta. Do you mean with border; the blue glow around the video? I should be able to add that again.

16 hours ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

The aspect ratio is correct at my side. Atm i'm not able to remove the black borders but that should work in an upcoming beta. Do you mean with border; the blue glow around the video? I should be able to add that again.

Yes the blue glow seemed to cover the issue when videos are 4:3 (I mentioned it a long while ago and you fixed it then with the blue glow)

I have just reverted back to the previous version and all is good again for me for now.

Thanks

Edited by zugswang
  • Game On 1

I've been away for awhile and am just making time for retro gaming again. I've got an old version of this theme, but recently updated to the latest version that doesn't require the beta.

Nothing much seems to have changed, though. I really like the cool looking new sidebar, with the clear logo at the top and the fonts and text arrangement etc. Is that part of the new beta theme only, or are there settings in 2.7 I need to set?

Thanks for keeping this theme constantly evolving. I will use nothing else. :)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Flickumbicus said:

I've been away for awhile and am just making time for retro gaming again. I've got an old version of this theme, but recently updated to the latest version that doesn't require the beta.

Nothing much seems to have changed, though. I really like the cool looking new sidebar, with the clear logo at the top and the fonts and text arrangement etc. Is that part of the new beta theme only, or are there settings in 2.7 I need to set?

Thanks for keeping this theme constantly evolving. I will use nothing else. :)

Thanks glad you like :) The new look of the sidebar is indeed possible due to the beta, the clear logo on top would be possible in the old theme as well.

What's New in Version 2.10

- NOTE: You'll need the latest Launchbox BETA for this ATM until the new version comes out
- Supports new Media Carousel Control and Achievements summary panel (see new screenshots)
- Added clear logo (Thanks to @C-Beats)

- Fixed Added back Overview and Achievements tab headers (thanks to @dreamy for pointing this out)
- Changed white colors to the theme's purple colors, if things don't look right please let me know, I don't have achievements or high score tables so I'm unable to see these.

- Added glow to video and thumbnails
- Video transparency (no black bars to the sides) now works in latest Launchbox BETA

• Like 1

Love the new additions. I've a few questions, however:

I used to modify the old version to display the clear logo in much the same manner, along with some other modifications. I also prefer a larger vertical range to accommodate more narrow logos. ATM I've it set to 240 pixels high, same as my old mod. However, unlike with that theme, the height now seems absolute instead of representing an allowable range. Meaning logos that don't fill up the 240 pixels leave a sometimes huge margin beneath them. While this naturally results in the rest of the game details below staying fixed in place, I'd love to be able to remedy the situation. Even just being able to center the logo so the margins are evenly distributed above and below.

My other observation is that, at least on my monitor, the main view of the carousel (usually a video) has too small a vertical height as well. I can't find any way to adjust this whatsoever. I'm rather happy with the height of the scrollbar for the carousel, mind you, though I fear that independently controlling the sizes of the two elements is impossible.

Finally I'm not a fan of the clear logo repeating within the carousel scrollbar itself. I wonder if there's a way to control what media shows up in the carousel, but to my knowledge LB doesn't expose any such options.

Thanks again for the theme! I never use any other!

14 minutes ago, DukeSkinny said:

Love the new additions. I've a few questions, however:

I used to modify the old version to display the clear logo in much the same manner, along with some other modifications. I also prefer a larger vertical range to accommodate more narrow logos. ATM I've it set to 240 pixels high, same as my old mod. However, unlike with that theme, the height now seems absolute instead of representing an allowable range. Meaning logos that don't fill up the 240 pixels leave a sometimes huge margin beneath them. While this naturally results in the rest of the game details below staying fixed in place, I'd love to be able to remedy the situation. Even just being able to center the logo so the margins are evenly distributed above and below.

My other observation is that, at least on my monitor, the main view of the carousel (usually a video) has too small a vertical height as well. I can't find any way to adjust this whatsoever. I'm rather happy with the height of the scrollbar for the carousel, mind you, though I fear that independently controlling the sizes of the two elements is impossible.

Finally I'm not a fan of the clear logo repeating within the carousel scrollbar itself. I wonder if there's a way to control what media shows up in the carousel, but to my knowledge LB doesn't expose any such options.

Thanks again for the theme! I never use any other!

I cant help you with your questions as my xaml knowledge is limited, sorry man, I just copied the new default game details and made some minor adjustments.

I dont have the clear logo in the carousel myself, I think that comes down to what youve set in image priorities in the launchbox settings.

37 minutes ago, andyco47 said:

how do u get hi score in mame with this theme.

If you have high scores set up and working properly (If they show for you in the Default theme) then you do not need to do anything for this theme. They show up like in the Default theme as an option to click on next to the "Overview" option. If the game supports High Scores you will get a "High Score" text to click on. If you downloaded the theme's 2.11 version you do need to be on the most current LB version.

Screen Shot 2022-02-04 at 2.54.35 PM.png

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Retro808 said:

@Mr. RetroLust Yes. Latest build of your theme and latest LB build. In fact I downloaded a fresh version of your theme (2.11) just to make sure prior to posting my pic. 

Thanks man! Seems to be a problem on your side @andyco47

19 minutes ago, andyco47 said:

i redownloaded ur theme 2.11 but still the same so dont no why it not showing.

I'll look at the code tomorrow to see if i can find anything

44 minutes ago, andyco47 said:

i redownloaded ur theme 2.11 but still the same so dont no why it not showing.

Can you post a pic of the Default theme showing the High Score and then the same game in this theme? I just tested on 2 other builds and it shows fine.

• Like 1