LaunchBox Community Forums

Neon Deluxe Arcade - Launchbox Theme

View File

Neon Deluxe Arcade - LaunchBox Theme

banner.thumb.jpg.9208381856bcd6ae8cb62a9ff2464501.jpg

Note: This thread will not be pushed to the front in the "whats new" section, if you want notifications for future updates to this file be sure to follow this page by using the follow button in the upper right corner.

INTRO:

In a dark alley lit by black light and neon, an arcade resides; Neon Deluxe Arcade.

Neon Deluxe Arcade is a series of themes, if you like you can download these to accompany the complete theme:

Neon Deluxe Arcade - Badges

Neon Deluxe Arcade - Big Box Theme

Neon Deluxe Arcade - Startup Theme (Street)

Neon Deluxe Arcade - Startup Theme (Inside)

Mr. RetroLust's Realistic Retroarch Bezels (Same style > Dimmed lit retro gaming)

Mr. RetroLust's - Mame 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Bezels (Same style > Dimmed lit retro gaming)

CREDITS:
Huge Thanks to @Grila for the inspiration and his permission and kindness to use his codes for especially the left sidebar and more from his LBPlex Launchbox Theme. Also huge thanks to @Rincewind for the inspiration and his permission and kindness to use his code of the Rincewind Launchbox Theme for full screen background images. I couldn't have made it as it is without you guys! Thanks to @C-Beats for adding the steam achievements to the theme, and the code for clear logos! Thanks to @faeran for the tip about video background transparency and the coding for the play time tracker. @Retro808 for the filters code, thanks man!

FEATURES:
More than I can mention, you just have to see it in action, one thing I can mention is that it features a bright green and slightly larger cache progress bar so you can't miss it when it's working to make a smooth experience :)

INSTALLATION:
Extract folder "Neon Deluxe Arcade LB" to Launchbox/LBThemes. Open Launchbox, go to Tools/Options/(Leftside bar) Visuals/Choose the theme in the dropdown bar. 

Tip: Tools/Options/Theme/Colors > Choose "Midnight Blue" for anything that was not possible to color change in Launchbox theming.

Important: This theme does not use fanart or platform backgrounds but a static 4K quality background, there are 7 backgrounds to choose from in the separate download, the image you want to display should be named "Background-01.jpg" and overwritten in \LBThemes\Neon Deluxe Arcade LB\Images. In order to get it working as you see in the screenshots please set your background settings to:

settings.thumb.PNG.58bf1e70e2c58e151b7077f742276927.PNG

Hope you enjoy, have fun brothers!

• Like 1

Hi looks great

I have downloaded the 3 zip files installed the 2 fonts and carried out  the below to the letter (i think), 

INSTALLATION:
Install both the fonts located in "Fonts.zip" by double clicking each and choose install. Extract folder "Neon Deluxe Arcade LB" to Launchbox/LBThemes. Open Launchbox, go to Tools/Options/(Leftside bar) Visuals/Choose the theme in the dropdown bar. 

Tip: Tools/Options/Theme/Colors > Choose "Midnight Blue" for anything that was not possible to color change in Launchbox theming.

So, I get no background image (i have renamed to jpg.01 the one i want and set the background as advised above) also i get no NEON writing top left of screen, although my menu is in correct font.

I have tried for an hour but still can not seem to get to work, any help greatly appreciated folks

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, dunnster said:

So, I get no background image (i have renamed to jpg.01 the one i want and set the background as advised above) also i get no NEON writing top left of screen, although my menu is in correct font.

1. The file name should not be jpg.01 it should be -01.jpg. So it would look like Background-01.jpg

2. In Launchbox go to Tolls>Options> then Under Images look for

Default Background and make sure you do no have the background fade slid all the way up.

Capture.JPG

Hi Thanks for the reply Retro808,

Yeah have done this(I had originally but had just written it down wrong) have re done to ensure I hadn't deleted or changed anything by error but just the same, really can  not fathom it out at all.

so in my Images folder I have Background-01.jpg,  for some reason I cant seem to get any background image , just a solid colour,

although I now do have in the top left the Neon badge that wasn't there before so almost there except this background part ?

Appreciate anyones help TIA.

Edited by dunnster
additional info

Hi Belgarth, thanks for the reply

I've checked and only have .jpg on once as far as I can see (unless you see differently on the first picture), thought this was what I was to do  unless I've done wrong it wrong? and its staring me in the face?

Thanks for the help, appreciated

• 3 months later...
On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 5:28 PM, Retrofrogg said:

Would be good to have some screenshots of this theme with the description.

These are shown when you click on the "View File" button in the first post. In the themes download thread it has the images and description. 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi ive been using this fantasic theme for a good while now (as its nicer than the now "old" theme)... but there'in lies my question is this now going to get an update for the launchbox 10.8 release, as now the new box art without borders and the Retro Score button has pulled me back onto the new standard theme, but i miss the nice looks of the neon arcade, it is possible to simply update this theme to use these new features? :) Thanks.

Edited by W4rCh1ld
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, W4rCh1ld said:

Hi ive been using this fantasic theme for a good while now (as its nicer than the now "old" theme)... but there'in lies my question is this now going to get an update for the launchbox 10.8 release, as now the new box art without borders and the Retro Score button has pulled me back onto the new standard theme, but i miss the nice looks of the neon arcade, it is possible to simply update this theme to use these new features? :) Thanks.

Thanks, glad you like it :) I'll have a look soon to see what needs to be updated to make the Retro score available in this theme. I'm not sure if i'll add the box art style of the new theme though, that part is just the style of the new theme.