LaunchBox Community Forums

Neon Deluxe Arcade - Launchbox Theme 13.8

(15 reviews)

5 Screenshots

About This File

Neon Deluxe Arcade - LaunchBox Theme

banner.thumb.jpg.9208381856bcd6ae8cb62a9ff2464501.jpg

Note: This thread will not be pushed to the front in the "whats new" section, if you want notifications for future updates to this file be sure to follow this page by using the follow button in the upper right corner.

INTRO:

In a dark alley lit by black light and neon, an arcade resides; Neon Deluxe Arcade.

Neon Deluxe Arcade is a series of themes, if you like you can download these to accompany the complete theme:

Neon Deluxe Arcade - Badges

Neon Deluxe Arcade - Big Box Theme

Neon Deluxe Arcade - Launchbox Theme

Neon Deluxe Arcade - Startup Theme (Street)

Neon Deluxe Arcade - Startup Theme (Inside)

Mr. RetroLust's Realistic Retroarch Bezels (Same style > Dimmed lit retro gaming)

Mr. RetroLust's - Mame 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Bezels (Same style > Dimmed lit retro gaming)

CREDITS:
Huge Thanks to @Grila for the inspiration and his permission and kindness to use his codes for especially the left sidebar and more from his LBPlex Launchbox Theme. Also huge thanks to @Rincewind for the inspiration and his permission and kindness to use his code of the Rincewind Launchbox Theme for full screen background images. I couldn't have made it as it is without you guys! Thanks to @C-Beats for adding the steam achievements to the theme, and the code for clear logos! Thanks to @faeran for the tip about video background transparency and the coding for the play time tracker. @Retro808 for the filters code, thanks man!

FEATURES:
More than I can mention, you just have to see it in action, one thing I can mention is that it features a bright green and slightly larger cache progress bar so you can't miss it when it's working to make a smooth experience :)

INSTALLATION:
Extract folder "Neon Deluxe Arcade LB" to Launchbox/LBThemes. Open Launchbox, go to Tools/Options/(Leftside bar) Visuals/Choose the theme in the dropdown bar. 

Tip: Tools/Options/Theme/Colors > Choose "Midnight Blue" for anything that was not possible to color change in Launchbox theming.

Important: This theme does not use fanart or platform backgrounds but a static 4K quality background, there are 7 backgrounds to choose from in the separate download, the image you want to display should be named "Background-01.jpg" and overwritten in \LBThemes\Neon Deluxe Arcade LB\Images. In order to get it working as you see in the screenshots please set your background settings to:

settings.thumb.PNG.58bf1e70e2c58e151b7077f742276927.PNG

Hope you enjoy, have fun brothers!

Edited by Mr. RetroLust

What's New in Version 13.8   See changelog

Released

- New search function and pop up for latest LB version, thanks to @faeran

• Like 42
  • Thanks 11
  • The Cake is a Lie 1
  • Unusual Gem 4

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

1 minute ago, deadyourinstinct said:

is there any way to position the badges on the bottom row? where the title of the game is? its very awkward having them positioned on the right side of the games.

Doesn't seem awkward to me though, I just follow the default theme design in these.

awesome update! Is there any way you can add the links to the details pane like the default theme? The wiki/yt links, not sure when jason added those to the details but i noticed this theme doesnt display either. Just figured i would let ya know that, im sure its a simple few lines of code. Theme is perfect aside from that btw, as usual. steam achievements are working flawless, so happy you added that.

Edited by joshchawks
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, joshchawks said:

awesome update! Is there any way you can add the links to the details pane like the default theme? The wiki/yt links, not sure when jason added those to the details but i noticed this theme doesnt display either. Just figured i would let ya know that, im sure its a simple few lines of code. Theme is perfect aside from that btw, as usual. steam achievements are working flawless, so happy you added that.

Thanks glad you like, thanks to @C-Beats those achievements are in there! @C-Beats I have found the wiki url for the gamedetails, you know what code I should add for youtube links I can't find it? Edit: Found it! :)

Edited by Mr. RetroLust

Version 2.3

• Added in Game Details: Wikipedia URL and Video URL per request from @joshchawks
  • Added in List View: Columns > Alternate Names, Wikipedia URL, Max Players, Release Type, Video URL, Installed, Application Path, Launchbox Games Database ID
    Be sure to right click the columns and check the view options to make them visible.
  • Thanks 1

Hey, I just downloaded your theme and it looks like it could be great but my problem is none of the media shows, for example box art or screenshots. Is there an option I'm missing?

Here's an example of what I mean.

Thank you for any help!

image.thumb.png.7d105750b9b47cd0283ab205f3f12419.png

2 hours ago, Devante said:

Hey, I just downloaded your theme and it looks like it could be great but my problem is none of the media shows, for example box art or screenshots. Is there an option I'm missing?

Here's an example of what I mean.

Thank you for any help!

image.thumb.png.7d105750b9b47cd0283ab205f3f12419.png

Thats weird, it works as it should over here. What version of launchbox are you using?

On 6/5/2021 at 1:28 AM, Mr. RetroLust said:

Thats weird, it works as it should over here. What version of launchbox are you using?

Hey, found out that I had renamed "NES" to "Nintendo Entertainment System" and it was still using the old name for the folder.

Changed it an it works now, thanks!

1 hour ago, zugswang said:

Hi,

Thanks for update.

Is there a way to go from Launchbox to Bigbox via this theme as I can't seem to find it anywhere ?

Click the house next to the search bar.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, zugswang said:

Ahh, perfect.

Looked literally everywhere except there !

Thanks

Thats a way to do it but you can also make a shortcut to Bigbox from the main directory and place it anywhere. At least thats how I do it.

Hello, first of all I want to say how awesome the theme is! Now, I have a question, I activated the screenshots to show in the game details because I like how the clear logo shows at the top of the description, but I have noticed the inconsistency in the size of the logo across games. I have looked for settings as to how to change it but nothing. Some fill the space quite nicely, but others are very small, I have even added my own large sized logos in case the size of the ones provided by the LB metadata is the issue, but still, no luck. Would this be a LB thing or something in this particular theme? Here are some photos to show what I mean. Thanks.

Screenshot (1).png

Screenshot (2).png

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, mrdennis said:

Hello, first of all I want to say how awesome the theme is! Now, I have a question, I activated the screenshots to show in the game details because I like how the clear logo shows at the top of the description, but I have noticed the inconsistency in the size of the logo across games. I have looked for settings as to how to change it but nothing. Some fill the space quite nicely, but others are very small, I have even added my own large sized logos in case the size of the ones provided by the LB metadata is the issue, but still, no luck. Would this be a LB thing or something in this particular theme? Here are some photos to show what I mean. Thanks.

Screenshot (1).png

Screenshot (2).png

Thanks glad you like :) Many logo's have empty space inside of the image, I think that is what you are seeing here.

14 minutes ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

Thanks glad you like :) Many logo's have empty space inside of the image, I think that is what you are seeing here.

You are right, I didn't noticed that extra space in the small logo. I wonder though, what could be the case in this other example, for Ocarina of Time the logo is always small, regardless of whatever image I add. Since LB (particularly the Premium version) is all about organization and customization I wonder why this happens, or why there is no way to change it.

Screenshot (3).png

8 minutes ago, mrdennis said:

You are right, I didn't noticed that extra space in the small logo. I wonder though, what could be the case in this other example, for Ocarina of Time the logo is always small, regardless of whatever image I add. Since LB (particularly the Premium version) is all about organization and customization I wonder why this happens, or why there is no way to change it.

Screenshot (3).png

To be honest you are the first person I see doing this with a clear logo instead of screenshots, LB/BB are very customizable but not limitless. I don't know why that logo stays small, perhaps because of it's larger height.

@mrdennis That is a great idea showing the logos at the details bar. I adapted it for my own setup. Thanks for the inspiration.

@Mr. RetroLust First of all, thanks for the awesome theme. I use it in Launchbox and BigBox. Is it possible to center align the images (logos in this case) in the details bar? And maybe add the screenshots underneath the logo?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, dreamy said:

@mrdennis That is a great idea showing the logos at the details bar. I adapted it for my own setup. Thanks for the inspiration.

@Mr. RetroLust First of all, thanks for the awesome theme. I use it in Launchbox and BigBox. Is it possible to center align the images (logos in this case) in the details bar? And maybe add the screenshots underneath the logo?

Thanks glad you like ;) That would require me to edit the theme, I'm not planning to do that as it would cause performance.

1 minute ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

Thanks glad you like ;) That would require me to edit the theme, I'm not planning to do that as it would cause performance.

I totally understand this. However is it possible for me to edit the theme in that way, and if so, can you point me in the right direction? I have no experience in editing themes or xml files.

17 minutes ago, dreamy said:

I totally understand this. However is it possible for me to edit the theme in that way, and if so, can you point me in the right direction? I have no experience in editing themes or xml files.

I'll try and create it for you.

@C-Beats Do you know if it's possible to show a clear logo in the gamedetails for Launchbox theming? If so which binding/code should I use? I have tried "Visibility="{Binding ClearLogoVisibility}"" but that doesnt show the logo, I also tried: "<Image Source="{Binding Path=ActiveGame.ClearLogoImagePath}" />" but that doesnt show it either.

2 hours ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

@C-Beats Do you know if it's possible to show a clear logo in the gamedetails for Launchbox theming? If so which binding/code should I use? I have tried "Visibility="{Binding ClearLogoVisibility}"" but that doesnt show the logo, I also tried: "<Image Source="{Binding Path=ActiveGame.ClearLogoImagePath}" />" but that doesnt show it either.

In LaunchBox GameDetailsView the game is just "Game". We create a new details panel every time the selected game changes so there is no need for Active/Selected like we have in Big Box. Binding should just be "{Binding Game.ClearLogoImagePath}"

• Thanks 1

Thank you so much @C-Beats it works!! :)

@dreamy @mrdennis Download this file and replace it in [launchbox folder]\LBThemes\Neon Deluxe Arcade LB\Views

GameDetailsView.xaml

If you want a higher logo height then open the file in a notepad editor and look for 

<WrapPanel HorizontalAlignment="Center" Orientation="Horizontal" VerticalAlignment="Top" Height="110" Margin="10">
                        <Image Source="{Binding Game.ClearLogoImagePath}" />
                    <WrapPanel.Effect>
                        <DropShadowEffect BlurRadius="10" ShadowDepth="0" Color="#0004FF" Direction="0"/>
                    </WrapPanel.Effect>
                </WrapPanel> 

Type a higher number value in Height.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

Thank you so much @C-Beats it works!! :)

@dreamy @mrdennis Download this file and replace it in [launchbox folder]\LBThemes\Neon Deluxe Arcade LB\Views

GameDetailsView.xaml 73.17 kB · 0 downloads

If you want a higher logo height then open the file in a notepad editor and look for 

<WrapPanel HorizontalAlignment="Center" Orientation="Horizontal" VerticalAlignment="Top" Height="110" Margin="10">
                        <Image Source="{Binding Game.ClearLogoImagePath}" />
                    <WrapPanel.Effect>
                        <DropShadowEffect BlurRadius="10" ShadowDepth="0" Color="#0004FF" Direction="0"/>
                    </WrapPanel.Effect>
                </WrapPanel> 

Type a higher number value in Height.

OMG! Thank you so much! This works beautifully, you are amazing.

• Like 1