LaunchBox Community Forums

Community Theme Creator 3.2

(19 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

Manuals / How to

Refer to my YouTube channel or visit Faeran's Theme Creator Workshop videos to better understand the new features.

Dave Paterson - YouTube

Development Live Streams - YouTube

COMMUNITY Theme Creator - Patreon

Edited by y2guru
Compatibility

What's New in Version 3.2   See changelog

Released

New Features

• Consolidate Text based UI Elements to single Text UI Element.

• Wheel Item Templates, allow Videos, Animated .GIFs and Animation.

• New Metadata field "Battery Charging Status", contains the following values "Not plugged in", "Plugged in - not charging","Plugged in - charging".

• Added New Properties:- LineHeight & LineStackingStrategy to Text, Wheel Item Text and Text Scroller(Vertical).

• Viewing Wheel Item Templates or Custom Images will now Display where they are used, the template or custom image can be applied via right click.

• Added new metadata field "Selected Item Index (Odd/Even)" allows conditioning or imaging using an odd/even value when making platform/game selections or Wheel Item Design

• Live color editing, the selected elements color is updated real-time.

• Text Scroller (Vertical) added Leading/Trailing rows properties.

• Condition Editor - Added 2 new comparison operators: - Starts with & ends with.

• New UI Element "Selected Item Bar"

• Added Scale Width and Scale Height properties to UI Elements.

• Image/Wheel Item Image Metadata can now access more LaunchBox image files.

• Like 41
  • Thanks 24
  • Game On 4
  • Unusual Gem 15

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

2 hours ago, reddcxiii said:

I take it back It works!! It just doesn't show up in CTC, which is not a big deal! Thank you. 

So you're getting the 3d box model in place of box artwork? not on the wheel i mean, in place of box artwork?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PiperCalls said:

So you're getting the 3d box model in place of box artwork? not on the wheel i mean, in place of box artwork?

Yep! It shows an empty box in CTC, but it shows up in Big Box

Not sure if im doing something wrong but I cant get "User Defined Video'" to work for the life of me....

Could someone please lend a brain... 

171484467_Screenshot2023-04-23075455.png

3 minutes ago, ROD3Z said:

Not sure if im doing something wrong but I cant get "User Defined Video'" to work for the life of me....

Could someone please lend a brain... 

171484467_Screenshot2023-04-23075455.png

you have opacity mask set to current image, change it to none

2 minutes ago, ROD3Z said:

Sorry, still not working

image.thumb.png.17516ea693388446edab41d0dbf0f81e.pngimage.thumb.png.89280aa30f0247ff03439bc16bc69649.png

send me that ladys screen.mp4 file

Edited by y2guru
  • Like 1

Hey! I have a problem with rows, whenever I select... let's say 1 row, CTC shows 3, if I select 2 CTC shows 6.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, so any advice is appreciated.

image.thumb.png.f557dfc48fc84ad0f92b84c9edaa3dc4.png

image.thumb.png.87a5bc71dfe0ee660ea8d1c43da4a6fa.png

7 minutes ago, exodus_cl said:

Hey! I have a problem with rows, whenever I select... let's say 1 row, CTC shows 3, if I select 2 CTC shows 6.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, so any advice is appreciated.

image.thumb.png.f557dfc48fc84ad0f92b84c9edaa3dc4.png

image.thumb.png.87a5bc71dfe0ee660ea8d1c43da4a6fa.png

If you’re only wanting to display 2 rows, simply resize the wheel height.   Beyond that, questions regarding the new wheels should be directed to cbeatts/faeran

Hey Dave: Not sure if this has been reported or not, but when doing Wheel Item Template, the very last option for the "Image Canvas is Foreground. When wheel item is not selected Opacity" it's not working for me. It works fine on the GameWheel. See screenshots (platform, not game):

1.thumb.jpg.42f54db2cd1b9cb4ce220dc3dc58ca9c.jpg

and not selected

2.thumb.jpg.e6cca9f390320e44557e822d9e771943.jpg

It isn't working in CTC or the theme after it's published either.

Edited by The Papaw

18 minutes ago, The Papaw said:

t selected Opacity" it

it looks like im not generating the Opacity Trigger logic Selected/Not-Selected for the Canvas, I'll make sure it's fixed in 3.0.  thanks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Shwiftyfive said:

Is there a way to pop in an existing theme I've downloaded and edit it?

If the author has provided the Theme Creator project folder yes,  but if you’re trying to edit a published theme no

This has probably been asked can you make a checker thingy. That has dots for each artwork or video available. So we know which ones are missing vid manual logo etc. And also could you make a pause theme edit section. I try to use your program daily. I wanted to say thank you. Your crazy amount of work is very appreciated. Cheers my friend.

50 minutes ago, djweevil666 said:

This has probably been asked can you make a checker thingy. That has dots for each artwork or video available. So we know which ones are missing vid manual logo etc. And also could you make a pause theme edit section. I try to use your program daily. I wanted to say thank you. Your crazy amount of work is very appreciated. Cheers my friend.

do you mean when you are seeing the views in the main window, you want to see some indicator that a gif, video or image is missing for platform or game?

• Thanks 1

Yes but for each possible artwork. Video manual theme music logo etc. This would make things a lot easier for people to contribute as well because they would know what isn't available. Like oh I have that I can scan that etc. I'm not sure it would work too awesome in big box but the main launchbox part this would be awesome. I didn't understand what the audit thing did I thought that is where it would have worked in a table view. Thank you.

That's not the intent of the CTC. It's not intended to create a theme that shows missing content, it's just the opposite - it has functionality to set fallback images e.g. No box art? Show 3D box, No 3D box? Show Fanart Box, No Fanart Box? Show Clear Logo, etc... (These priorities are set within the LaunchBox settings)

As you mentioned, this is the function of the Audit tool. It works well. Sort the games by columns to see what images/media are missing (or have duplicates).

Edited by Knowcontrol
  • Like 2

On 7/25/2023 at 3:09 PM, Knowcontrol said:

That's not the intent of the CTC. It's not intended to create a theme that shows missing content, it's just the opposite - it has functionality to set fallback images e.g. No box art? Show 3D box, No 3D box? Show Fanart Box, No Fanart Box? Show Clear Logo, etc... (These priorities are set within the LaunchBox settings)

As you mentioned, this is the function of the Audit tool. It works well. Sort the games by columns to see what images/media are missing (or have duplicates).

How do you make audit show missing content?

16 minutes ago, djweevil666 said:

How do you make audit show missing content?

OK Guys I'm hella dumb. I didn't notice the bottom slidey toolbar. I wasn't asking for the tool to be part of the builder but the audit thing is rather silly you can't pick your columns. And you cannot just click a title to be able to edit it. I am still hoping very much for a start (Pause) menu maker tab. Thank you guys. Sorry for the troubles. b safe all.

1 hour ago, djweevil666 said:

bottom slidey toolbar

Yeah, the color scheme of the Audit tool makes the scroll bar at the bottom hard to see.

Once you find the column you'd like to edit, click its name. This will sort the column by number of media per game. Click it again and it'll sort in the other direction. Ideally you won't have any missing images but if you do it'll show as a zero. Click the zero and you'll be able to search for images for that game. Click the name of the game (at the beginning of the row) and you'll be able to go to its editor window.

If you have multiple games with missing images (or you'd like to search for more) click a row and then Shift+click or CTRL+click other rows to highlight them, then right-click and select "add media" (or whatever it's called, I'm not at my computer right now).

I completely agree with the Start/Pause theme creation - it's been requested numerous times and I'm sure he'll add it sometime in the future as he said that's a feature he'd like to add.

• Thanks 1

Loving the software so far but cannot for the life of me get my theme to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Attatched is my error message and my published theme as well as the folder from the ctc. Edit: Noticed it does that error for my systemview, platformview, and horizontalgamewheelview

image.thumb.png.862bd83663f5418fe8dd50299e4fb4a7.png

PS5 Theme Custom Made.zip PS5 Theme Custom Made CTC.zip

Edited by thermalkil

2 hours ago, thermalkil said:

Loving the software so far but cannot for the life of me get my theme to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Attatched is my error message and my published theme as well as the folder from the ctc. Edit: Noticed it does that error for my systemview, platformview, and horizontalgamewheelview

image.thumb.png.862bd83663f5418fe8dd50299e4fb4a7.png

PS5 Theme Custom Made.zip 32.75 MB · 0 downloads PS5 Theme Custom Made CTC.zip 31.98 MB · 0 downloads

The error is a result of a NON CTC view (PlatformWheel1FiltersView.xaml) I cannot help you