LaunchBox Community Forums

Community Theme Creator 3.1.5

(19 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

Manuals / How to

Refer to my YouTube channel or visit Faeran's Theme Creator Workshop videos to better understand the new features.

Dave Paterson - YouTube

Development Live Streams - YouTube

COMMUNITY Theme Creator - Patreon

Edited by y2guru
Compatibility

What's New in Version 3.1.5   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

• Like 40
  • Thanks 24
  • Game On 4
  • Unusual Gem 15

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

1 hour ago, y2guru said:

Add a text element to the view and change the constant value to the following

this will show the file name and you can determine if you have the file name or not

{Binding Path=Text, ElementName=UserDefinedVideo2ImageFile}

Hi @y2guru,

I finally managed to make it work.

My problem was that I was working on a specifi playlist view, with games from different platforms, so I had the videos within a subfolder named after the playlist (all of them inside). I've had to create subfolders per platform, and include there the videos of the games of those platforms.

Thanks a lot for your help!

7 minutes ago, CMOSS said:

Hi @y2guru,

I finally managed to make it work.

My problem was that I was working on a specifi playlist view, with games from different platforms, so I had the videos within a subfolder named after the playlist (all of them inside). I've had to create subfolders per platform, and include there the videos of the games of those platforms.

Thanks a lot for your help!

That’s good , but now you have an easy way to debug visually

• Like 1

Hi @y2guru,

Would it be possible to display the game video twice on the same view? The effect that we are pursuing is the one below (we are using a game video element and a user defined video element, for the same video, positioned in different locations and using an image mask to hide the part that belongs to the other screen), so that for platforms with a split screen we can align perfectly the game video in both of them.

Best!

Sure, I will add that to version 1.0.9.0 if I can mute the audio for the 2nd instance

Edited by y2guru
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Vastarien said:

@y2guru

Just DL'd 1.0.8.8 and when I open it, I just get an endless stream of this error message, firing over and over again:

Error.jpg

Unblock the zip file first, as mentioned in the description.

No se si lo han preguntado o sugerido acá, pero me gustaría preguntarle si es posible estirar un ''videosnap'' con ''perspectiva'', para que el video pueda ajustarse a la pantalla de tv que muestro en la imagen, estuve probando de varias maneras y no pude hacer que el video se ajuste bien en la tv. Es posible que se añada ésta opción en alguna futura actualización? gracias.

tv videosnap.png

Actualmente solo puede usar las opciones de inclinación y rotación, lo que probablemente se vería bien en esa imagen, pero cortaría la pantalla en Photoshop y tendría el video detrás.

You can only use the skew and rotate options currently, which would proberly look fine on that image but I would cut the screen out in photoshop and have the video behind. 

• Like 1

I have a very basic question.  I use that tools for 2 weeks now.  Very impressive.  But I look for some help to understand some of the fonctionnality. 

Stangly there is a lot of video, that's cool.  But I have difficulty looking where it is begin ... Any hint how to look from beginning. 

19 minutes ago, patrickfx said:

I have a very basic question.  I use that tools for 2 weeks now.  Very impressive.  But I look for some help to understand some of the fonctionnality. 

Stangly there is a lot of video, that's cool.  But I have difficulty looking where it is begin ... Any hint how to look from beginning. 

Thank you and try this channel as my friend @faeran puts videos out that demonstrate how to create themes.   My videos show new features to the software

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2C5q0Muy-ehYpZUIIdJ94Q

Hi! Amazing that you made this tool!

However i dont seem to be able to get it to run. When i try to run it i get a popup that tells me the file or shortcut cant be accessed.

I did unblock the zip, and i tried to run it as admin.

Any ideas on what i should try?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, martin.hansson@live.se said:

Hi! Amazing that you made this tool!

However i dont seem to be able to get it to run. When i try to run it i get a popup that tells me the file or shortcut cant be accessed.

I did unblock the zip, and i tried to run it as admin.

Any ideas on what i should try?

Thanks!

Can you send a screenshot

6 minutes ago, y2guru said:

6 minutes ago, y2guru said:

I can when i get to my computer, but its in swedish, thats why i didnt include it in the first place ?

3 minutes ago, martin.hansson@live.se said:

I can when i get to my computer, but its in swedish, thats why i didnt include it in the first place ?

Id change your username if i was you, not a good idea to publicly share your email address.

42 minutes ago, martin.hansson@live.se said:

i just downloaded the zip from the forum, unblocked, unzipped and ran the app just fine

Edited by y2guru

I'm sure people ask this alot but are you planning on adding support for designing platform/game marquee views in the future ? 

7 minutes ago, Klopjero said:

I'm sure people ask this alot but are you planning on adding support for designing platform/game marquee views in the future ? 

Are you talking about the views for a 2nd monitor/screen?

2 minutes ago, Klopjero said:

yes.

Thought that was already supported, been there a year, I bought a 2nd monitor just to test

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, y2guru said:

Thought that was already supported, been there a year, I bought a 2nd monitor just to test

wait..what ? how do i do that ? 

24 minutes ago, y2guru said:

Found it @! How did i miss that ?!?! thanks ... 

Edited by Klopjero

1 hour ago, Klopjero said:

Found it @! How did i miss that ?!?! thanks ... 

Probably because i didn't advertise that it was there, it was added along with a long list of stuff

• Thanks 1

I'm having some issues with theme files built using version 1.0.8.0. Is it possible to download older versions of the application anywhere?

Edited by Zeno