LaunchBox Community Forums

Playtime Tracker 1.4

(2 reviews)

4 Screenshots

About This File

New Version 1.4

Removed "Reset Playtime" function from BigBox as requested by @klepp0906 and @Blazer

New Version 1.3

Added a visual playtime setter/editor

New Version 1.2

Fixed another string error that would sometimes cause the playtime to not record. Thanks @TheNewClassics. Everything should work now but please don't hesitate to let me know if any other problems arise.

New Version 1.1

Please update to the new version. I caught a string error that would prevent any playtime from going over 23 hours. The new version will keep all your game's previous playtime intact. Also, you can now reset a game's playtime in LB from the selected games right click menu (@Krakerman).

Drop the .dll in your LaunchBox\Plugins directory and start tracking how long you play your games. The playtime is recorded as a custom field so it is visible in LaunchBox on the game details bar and in BigBox in the game details. See the screenshots for reference.

Known Issues:

What's New in Version 1.4   See changelog

Released

• Removed "Reset Playtime" function from BigBox as requested by @klepp0906 and @Blazer

• Like 22
  • Thanks 5
  • Unusual Gem 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Awesome update. idk if this is something you want to continue working on, but another idea would be getting the "arrange by - playtime" to stack properly. like with the longest time up top and the none at the bottom, in order. that would be great.

This is really awesome! Since this is a plugin, can "Playtime" be implemented into a Startup or Pause Theme like the "Play Count" and "Last Played" fields can be? Thanks.

Not having Playtime for my games is a dealbreaker, and it's exactly why im uninstalling, that and that they fail to make a somewhat decent user interface...

Im just going back to Steam

• Haha 1

I'm glad you joined the forums just to complain about not having playtime tracking on a plugin that adds playtime tracking. Thanks for your contribution, hope you have a wonderful day.

Thank you for the plugin Grila. Nice little addition.

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, SkyRiseElite101 said:

that and that they fail to make a somewhat decent user interface...

Yeah, that interface is great for emulation.

Hi, i like this plugin, so i dont know why i cant use the pscx2configurator plugin when i have this installed, anybody with the same issue?

Do we have a means to clean up the platform file outside of manually after using this?  all the custom entries it makes?

On 3/16/2020 at 4:06 PM, Drodrick said:

Hi, i like this plugin, so i dont know why i cant use the pscx2configurator plugin when i have this installed, anybody with the same issue?

Yup, I'm having this issue as well.

edit: Seemed to have fixed it by downloading 1.2 and replacing the 1.3 PlaytimeTracker.dll file with the 1.2 version. Whether or not the Xceed dll prevents the bug that lead to 1.3 being created in the first place, I have no idea. But for now, both are running at the same time.

Edited by Cypher

I have a request.   This adds a reset playtime button to the game menu in bigbox.  Can we get a means to disable this from showing there or just remove it all together?  Its a huge risk for someone clicking on it by accident and erasing your playtime as ive just found out.

even with disabling custom views in launchbox (which id prefer to not do anyhow)  it still shows up.  just like reset last played and reset play count arent present in bigbox - i dont think this belongs there either.

Edited by klepp0906

On 5/10/2020 at 9:45 PM, klepp0906 said:

I have a request.   This adds a reset playtime button to the game menu in bigbox.  Can we get a means to disable this from showing there or just remove it all together?  Its a huge risk for someone clicking on it by accident and erasing your playtime as ive just found out.

even with disabling custom views in launchbox (which id prefer to not do anyhow)  it still shows up.  just like reset last played and reset play count arent present in bigbox - i dont think this belongs there either.

Yes, this happened to me several times and I can't find a way to remove it either.

55 minutes ago, Grila said:

@klepp0906 @Blazer I'm working on it now and will hopefully have an update soon. I have to do some more testing before I upload it. Thanks.

OK, all set. Download version 1.4 and you should be good to go.

21 hours ago, Grila said:

OK, all set. Download version 1.4 and you should be good to go.

Nice work, but now I got this when starting Launchbox:

Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.

App:     Big Box
Version: 10.10
Type:    System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException
Site:    System.RuntimeType[] GetTypes(System.Reflection.RuntimeModule)
Source:  mscorlib

at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes(RuntimeModule module)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Root.LoadPlugins[T](IEnumerable`1 assemblies, ConcurrentDictionary`2& plugins)
   at (String , Form )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Root.LoadPlugins(String folderPath, Form splashForm)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.App..ctor()
   at ()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.BigBoxProgram.Main()

Recent Log:

11:49:54 PM Exception

Also, I have another problem. I have a windows game I used to play and accidently reset the playtime. So I opened the textfile and manually set the time. It showed up in Bigbox fine. But now it won't record any more time. I also deleted that textfile but BigBox still shows the old recorded time. I also set the time in Launchbox wit the editor but it still won't add any more time. Other games seems to work fine. Any ideas?

Sorry for bringing this up again over a year later but, is there any way of fixing the "arrange by" playtime issue in base launchbox5? First it puts none, then it doesn't put the highest first, its using numerical values but not determining whether its hours minutes or seconds. It would be cool if we put arrange by playtime and had the highest first and going down in order, maybe without the separations for each individual game… just an idea. If that is even possible.

Hello! How do I remove this, have had it for a couple of years but don't need it now as Launchbox has it officially. I've removed the .dll and all files in the plugins folder but it's still showing up at the bottom of the arrange by menu as well as in games details. Any help would be appreciated and thanks for this cool plugin while it was needed!

6 minutes ago, DarrelMayhead said:

Hello! How do I remove this, have had it for a couple of years but don't need it now as Launchbox has it officially. I've removed the .dll and all files in the plugins folder but it's still showing up at the bottom of the arrange by menu as well as in games details. Any help would be appreciated and thanks for this cool plugin while it was needed!

Pretty sure the plugin used and added a custom field to keep track of the data, you would need to use bulk edit to remove that field from all games.

Hi!

There is not a way to unify both time tracker now?.I dont want to loose all that I have in all my games, because with the new launchbox system is starting from the begining in every game.

Thanks!.

• Like 1