LaunchBox Community Forums

31 Screenshots

About This File

Pulse is dark, responsive BigBox theme. No need for custom images. 125 device images and 135 cropped clear logos included. Views use: Clear logos, Videos, Fan art, Box Art, 3D Box Art and device images.

Made with: Community Theme Creator for BigBox 1.0.8.99 by y2guru

Views included (Version 1.1):

• System
  • HorizontalWheel1
  • HorizontalWheel2
  • HorizontalWheel3
  • PlatformWheel1
  • PlatformWheel2
  • PlatformWheel3
  • PlatformWheel4
  • TextFiltersView
  • TextGamesView

Views (Version 2.0)

• GameDetailsView
  • HorizontalWheel1GamesView
  • HorizontalWheel2GamesView
  • HorizontalWheel3GamesView
  • PlatformWheel2FiltersView (Viking's Colorful platform videos are recommended)
  • PlatformWheel3FiltersView
  • SystemView
  • TextFiltersView
  • TextGamesView
  • TextListView
  • WallGamesView
  • Wall2GamesView (If you want this to look good please remove all the title screenshots from games)

Fonts included: 

• BarlowSemiCondensed-ExtraBold
  • BarlowSemiCondensed-Medium
  • BarlowSemiCondensed-Regular

Barlow Semi Condensed - Google Fonts

Remember to refresh wheel images from BigBox options AND INSTALL THE FONTS! :)

Special Thanks to @Dan Patrick  and @bundangdon who helped me a lot with useful feedback. Dan also provided some icons and clear logos. There were others who gave me feedback, so thank you all for your help.

Screenshots and video preview uses videos and images made by others, including platform videos by @viking

Not taking any requests for missing assets.

Video Preview

Version 2.0

Version 1.1

Edited by Juketsu

What's New in Version 2.2.2   See changelog

Released

• Fixed search result view's platform title not showing.
  • Fixed 4:3 aspect vertical wheels too few items
  • Fixed Wall View 3 game info cut off
  • Added platform logo to Vertical Wheel Games View 4 and Horizontal Wheel 3 Games View
  • Fixed search result view's platform title not showing
  • Horizontal Wheel 1 Games View game title font size increased slightly
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 2
  • Game On 1
  • Unusual Gem 10

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

What a beautiful theme! Fine job! And thank you for the source files so that I can make tweaks to the displayed details and such.

• Like 1

Curious, but does anyone have the category logos without the words "Launchbox" and "Category"? I can attempt to remove them in Photoshop but if the original creator is here.

Edited by Kevin_Flynn

I love this theme. I think it maybe the best theme currently on LB, Definitely my new default.

As a small contribution, Here are a few more platform category clear logos for some other platforms I had. I just used an old psd that I got from someplace else a while back (not sure where). I think they match the rest pretty good.

Music.png

Video.png

Apps.png

• Thanks 1
  • Game On 1
  • Unusual Gem 1

4 hours ago, Dan Patrick said:

New updates look awesome! Thanks Juketsu for your many hours on this!

Thanks Dan. I really appreciate it. It was a tough one, but finally it's over.

• Like 1

I really love the look of it in the screenshots and videos, but when I install the Theme, I just can't make the wall view show up like in the video. Am I missing something? I even reinstalled BigBox and deleted my config file to see if starting fresh would change anything, but no luck so far. 

nowall.jpg

nowall2.jpg

3 hours ago, maajin said:

I really love the look of it in the screenshots and videos, but when I install the Theme, I just can't make the wall view show up like in the video. Am I missing something? I even reinstalled BigBox and deleted my config file to see if starting fresh would change anything, but no luck so far. 

nowall.jpg

nowall2.jpg

Where did you install the theme? Did you download it here, from BigBox or did you make changes with the project files for Community Theme Creator?

8 minutes ago, Juketsu said:

Where did you install the theme? Did you download it here, from BigBox or did you make changes with the project files for Community Theme Creator?

I downloaded it directly from the BigBox Manage Themes menu.

43 minutes ago, maajin said:

I downloaded it directly from the BigBox Manage Themes menu.

It's the old version at the moment (approval pending).  You need to download it from here to get the latest 2.0 version.

• The Cake is a Lie 1

Great work, mate!

Quick one - which platform videos do you use? Whatever I download (including Viking's videos) is either cropped or stretched on Platform Wheel 2.

Edit: My bad, I missed it in the description. I mistakenly assumed the platform videos are meant to be 4:3. Am I right to assume it relies on cropped 16:9?

Edited by Thornback
  • Game On 1

@Thornback you are right. The view uses cropped 16:9 videos. Was designed Colorful videos in mind. Don't really know how the view looks like in 4:3 screens or with 4:3 videos.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Juketsu said:

@Thornback you are right. The view uses cropped 16:9 videos. Was designed Colorful videos in mind. Don't really know how the view looks like in 4:3 screens or with 4:3 videos.

Great thanks for confirming. One more thing - is there a way to separate Platform and Playlist views (i.e. make them independent from one another)?

Edited by Thornback

1 hour ago, Thornback said:

Great thanks for confirming. One more thing - is there a way to separate Platform and Playlist views (i.e. make them independent from one another)?

You mean use different views for those? I'm afraid there is no way to use different view for playlist only. It uses the same view as platforms. It is how BigBox works right now.

53 minutes ago, Juketsu said:

You mean use different views for those? I'm afraid there is no way to use different view for playlist only. It uses the same view as platforms. It is how BigBox works right now.

No worries, thanks again for the explanation. And thanks for a stellar theme!

• Thanks 1

I just wanted to thank Juketsu once again for fixing the little issues I stumbled upon.

A very beautiful Theme.
Well done!

• Thanks 1

I'm in love with this theme, but hate that in the horizontal game screen it takes so long for the backdrop, the text, etc to all show. I'm also not wanting videos to play, So the whole transition from the picture, to the video, and sliding out the way is pointless for me.

Anyway you can make a "video-less" or "Static" version where it's all a bit faster? with no picture sliding transitions? Maybe to keep it in-line with the theme, you could just have the image slightly bounce up and down to keep some "animation" in there?

Bug Report: Checking the theme files, I notice the images for Star Rating 4.1 up to 5.0 are messed up!

@Juketsu Maybe you can fix this with a potential 2.1.2 patch.

On 12/19/2021 at 8:48 AM, Vitality said:

I'm in love with this theme, but hate that in the horizontal game screen it takes so long for the backdrop, the text, etc to all show. I'm also not wanting videos to play, So the whole transition from the picture, to the video, and sliding out the way is pointless for me.

Anyway you can make a "video-less" or "Static" version where it's all a bit faster? with no picture sliding transitions? Maybe to keep it in-line with the theme, you could just have the image slightly bounce up and down to keep some "animation" in there?

Your wishes just came true. 2.2.1 is ready to be downloaded.

• Like 2

On 1/2/2022 at 2:47 AM, Juketsu said:

Your wishes just came true. 2.2.1 is ready to be downloaded.

ON THE WAY!!! Thanks Legend!!!

im a bit confused is there settings to change it ? it looks the same to me ? thanks mate!!

EDIT: Right its the original old one! awesome! but i do have a request for that one.. Since its just the box art and one image on show, is there a possibility to make the screenshot a tad bigger, and the name of the game bigger? I ask because I use this on my big tv and would make it easier to see. It's exactly what I'm after. but a bit bigger would be great. or a lot bigger. thank you!

Edited by Vitality
  • Like 1

Very cool Theme. I noticed a few bugs though in the game lists.

- Page Up / Page Down seem to be reversed from what they should be. Page Down button goes up instead of down.

- Page Up / Page Down don't seem to be doing any kind of pagenation, meaning that instead of jumping down a bunch of games (like 10 or 15 at a time), it scrolls quickly through each - basically the same as just holding Up or Down on the joystick/keyboard (w/ a lot more noise). For most themes those buttons are used to skip quickly up or down the list. Having some form of configurable pagenation would be appreciated (or am I just missing the setting?)

Edited by warfaced

16 hours ago, Vitality said:

im a bit confused is there settings to change it ? it looks the same to me ? thanks mate!!

EDIT: Right its the original old one! awesome! but i do have a request for that one.. Since its just the box art and one image on show, is there a possibility to make the screenshot a tad bigger, and the name of the game bigger? I ask because I use this on my big tv and would make it easier to see. It's exactly what I'm after. but a bit bigger would be great. or a lot bigger. thank you!

How far do you sit from your tv? Maybe just buy a pair of glasses? Just kidding. I will change the font size, but changing the screenshot would be too much work right now. You might want to try to tweak the theme yourself, if you need to make texts and images bigger.

Edited by Juketsu

10 hours ago, warfaced said:

Very cool Theme. I noticed a few bugs though in the game lists.

- Page Up / Page Down seem to be reversed from what they should be. Page Down button goes up instead of down.

- Page Up / Page Down don't seem to be doing any kind of pagenation, meaning that instead of jumping down a bunch of games (like 10 or 15 at a time), it scrolls quickly through each - basically the same as just holding Up or Down on the joystick/keyboard (w/ a lot more noise). For most themes those buttons are used to skip quickly up or down the list. Having some form of configurable pagenation would be appreciated (or am I just missing the setting?)

Thanks for the report. This bug is new to me. I will try to solve it. Don't really know why it's not working properly.