-
Posts
71 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Articles
Downloads
Gallery
Blogs
Everything posted by Paultimate
-
Simply amazing. 1. How much space is this taking up? I have a 8TB busting at the seams and am going to expand. Ive redone LB about a dozen times now getting a better more cohesive setup each time, and this gives me more motivation to continue the iterations. I've mostly avoided optical just due to space issues but the rest I cant get enough of. 2. Would there be an easy way to show what emulator you use for each platform? Im sure MAME and Retroarch are doing a lot of heavy lifting, but what about stuff like Android? How are you getting that to run smoothly from LB->Gameplay?
-
Why is LB using 18-30% CPU on a 12 core system when sitting for 10 min? If LB is doing something, I want to see some sort of progress bar somewhere so I know its doing something. Clicking on different systems is sluggish taking several seconds instead of 1 like it should. Is this a caching issue with LB? I dont have these issues in BigBox so it has to be cashe related as it feels like its trying to load images when i click rather than having them pre-loaded? This causes all sorts of janky behavior on large collections. Perhaps it is theme related? Let me know if you also have a large collection and dont have this issue (system selection should happen near instantly for example) It just idling at high CPU use is weird and confusing. I let it sit to sort itself out but the issue remains. No audio or video is playing.
-
I find it way too amusing that youre this into Apple II gaming and have played dozens of games and dont know that the tac tac tac sound is just the emulated hardware sounds accessing the data from the emulated floppy 😅 Goodluck to everyone trying to do this. Someday Apple II emulation will be as easy as some of the other computer platforms on retroarch mame.
-
Its a shame LB still isnt on Linux natively. More than just steamdeck, millions of people use linux and many are looking at frontends for their lightweigfht linux based arcade and retro gaming desires. This is a huge untapped (by LB) market and you already have the framework work done and countless lessons learned. Literally HIRE someone to do the programming work. The returns on investment are a no brainer. To me youre leaving a lot of money on the table, jason. Not just anyone can do this. People have tried to limited success because their launchers SUCK ASS. (emudeck, emulation station, steam itself, peagasus ets). We are going to keep wanting this, EVEN IF you charge full price for a a Linux version to current customers. (or maybe a upgrade fee?) Please?
-
Thank you!
-
24 hours and their sale event will be over. I want to but forever license but not at full price.
-
For whatever reason my forum account is my correct email, but my lic email (just tried to upgrade) is an old email i no longer have access to. How do I go about fixing this? Ive already sent a email to support. Anything else i need to know?
-
Thanks looks like it doesnt auto log me in when im logged in here.
-
I was looking at the new default theme and came across my Sega CD category. What amazed and shocked me, is that the Sega team back in 1991 was so advanced and determined to get the edge on Nintendo, they made a time machine to over ten years in the future to grab the HDMI and 1080p standards!. AMAZING. Seriously though who is filling in this information and why is there no edit button on the site (i know i can in lunchbox, thats not the point, im not going to edit it there every time i make a new installation) https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/platforms/details/39-sega-cd I can't really trust the information on any of the platforms now without verifying. I dont (and many others) mind going through them to verify information and push change requests but I do not see the option there. Where would be the best place?
-
Listen, I understand what rounding is, but this is ridiculous. When I have something that says literally "4+", that means anything with 4.00 and higher. That's the "+" part of "4+". Also, I have everything sorted by star rating, yet they are listed by title instead. What am i doing wrong that these two weird issues are plaguing me?
-
Thank you!! 😍
-
I created a feature request! Please use the link below and vote for it if you feel it would be a good addition. Also please let me know if im an idiot and there is already a way to do this.. 😅 What do you think about this feature? Thanks. 😎 https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/7416/please-good-sir-i-beg-of-you-add-an-apply
-
Seems reasonable enough, but it people would naturally go that direction over time. Abandoning large and useful shader packages to try and force it instead of regulating it to legacy seems weird to me. All good though.
-
Youre a god damn hero. Between you and Analog Shader Pack version 3, most of the quality shaders not made by me are in CG! Crazy how this isnt in the default compile! Thanks!!
-
Any chance for a new compile? Why did they even remove this? Removing used features is some goofy stuff. Also thanks for the work on this over the years. Its a fine pack of shaders.
-
I did add a please right after I his submit. Haha
-
- 87 comments
-
- 1
-
-
- platform clear logo
- platform logo
-
(and 6 more)
Tagged with:
-
For the love of god please just add a toggleable (hideable) icon bar under the the upper left LAUNCHBOX logo so we can put our 10~ most used menu options. Its a HUGE pain in the ass to have to go through the super crowded menus dozes of times for a handful of things i need to get to.
-
-
-
-
Anyone know how to fix this or if this is going to be fixed soon? Section explicitly says 4+, yet 3.7, 3.8 etc are placed here muddying the waters. If it has a star rating of 3.99 or less why is it here, it confuses things. I do not want to make a playlist for each platform to get this to work like it should by default. Any info on this?