LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing

Jason Carr

Ahh, was editing when you posted Brad and lost my edits. This issue with LaunchBox closing as well as the game with the controller buttons Back and Start is actually happening with nullDC, PCX2 and ColEm. Mame, PPSSPP, Retroarch and Dolphin seem to work fine through LaunchBox, and all work fine in BigBox.

Thank you Scott, good to hear. I should be able to fix those issues without too much trouble, so I'll add that to my list to do before the official. :) Unfortunately I am still seeing the Big Box random crash related to VLC. I do have some further ideas but it's back to the drawing board again with that one.

@DOS76, are you having to manually close LaunchBox for updates? I guess I'm confused because the updater should automatically close LaunchBox/Big Box before running the setup. Are you running the setup manually or using the automatic process?
I saw this issue on multiple machines for 10.3 but so far 10.4 has installed without any issue. The installer was giving an error message that LB was still running I don't know why it didn't close it on its own. I've sporadically had this issue in the past also but it seemed very randomly. The last version was the 1st time I think that I ever saw it occur on multiple machines at the same time.

I just started playing with the controller settings and I'm not seeing my controller close LB regardless of what emulator I'm using but this is only with a single controller so maybe that has something to do with it.

CADScott said Ahh, was editing when you posted Brad and lost my edits. This issue with LaunchBox closing as well as the game with the controller buttons Back and Start is actually happening with nullDC, PCX2 and ColEm. Mame, PPSSPP, Retroarch and Dolphin seem to work fine through LaunchBox, and all work fine in BigBox.
It's happening with Demul as well.

Alright, new beta is out. I'm once again hopeful that the VLC-related Big Box freezes are fixed, but again, time will tell. So far so good. This also should hopefully fix the issues with LaunchBox closing. If you guys can test that and let me know, I'd appreciate it. The French translation is also updated again thanks to @Wattoo.

The automation solution doesn't seem to work on Launchbox, on my computer, since the last beta update Cry But it's working on BigBox. I've tried to reboot the software and the computer, but nothing changes. Buttons aren't recognized by launchbox. I'm using scpdriver for the PS4 controller (emulating the 360 controller) on windows 10 64bits. Sorry, but everything was working fine until the 5.10 beta 5. Frown

Hmm. Just to note, the Controller Automation configuration is different in both LaunchBox and Big Box, so you have to configure them separately. So for starters, you can compare the configuration between LaunchBox and Big Box to see if anything is different. Also check to see if Use All Controllers is checked for either of them. If LaunchBox or Big Box isn't configured to use the particular controller you're trying to use, it won't work for controller automation. Let me know if any of that helps. Thanks @niglurion.