LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing

Jason Carr

Jason the new wheel art view for the platforms is pretty stunning. I had to do a restart in order to get the view to change don't know if that is intentional or not but if so could you add a (requires restart) next to it. All in all though it is looking good can't wait to see the auto updates with the db get implemented.

I have a strange occurrence with BigBox while using the new Platform view and the Coverflow the letter picker isn't working but only when I'm on the Game Boy Advance platform everything else is working fine so for only one platform not to work is very weird. It scrolls normally through the individual games but once I try the letter pick it goes back to the 1st game I have that uses a symbol in the title and no matter what letter you put it on it only displays the one box.

The new wheels view is outstanding! The wheels flow very smoothly and continuous and makes BB look even better visually. This is my new go to default view. I know this might sound stupid but I just sat there and kept spinning the wheel over and over giving it a good test and admired how much this frontend has came in such a short period of time. Although I will not be using the coverflow view that often I did test it out and the boxes are so much clearer now and look great. The only bug I noticed is when you press F in coverflow, BigBox gives an error code but I think this has already been reported on bitbucket. I, along with I am sure everyone here appreciate all that you do in constantly improving BB and adding more features visually as well as funtionality!!Smile

wallmachine said not to sure if something like the following has being mentioned but maybe like a 3d carousel for a view? view1
It looks like "loadiine" for WiiU https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptvFFtNOTVI But if you have 99999 games that roulette will be insane Sometimes, 2D is better than 3D PS4

Thanks all, new beta is out with a bunch of Big Box bug fixes and performance improvements. Also has an updated French translation thanks to @Wattoo. Also added an option to allow exit while unlocked (under Security in the Big Box options). And options to clear the various image caches (under Image Cache in the options). I specifically addressed some of the issues with the VLC video playback engine. Both performance and glitches (like the videos still playing if you move too quickly).

d3cyph3r said The wheel is absolutely stunning! Only issue I have is that some platforms have generic names instead of wheel art. Is there a place I could put my old HS wheel art in for the missing systems?
Hi @d3cyph3r, you can use Tools > Manage Platforms in LaunchBox to specify the Clear Logo image for each platform. Then you'll need to refresh the images in Big Box under Options > Image Cache > Refresh Platform Wheel Images.

DOS76 said I have a strange occurrence with BigBox while using the new Platform view and the Coverflow the letter picker isn't working but only when I'm on the Game Boy Advance platform everything else is working fine so for only one platform not to work is very weird. It scrolls normally through the individual games but once I try the letter pick it goes back to the 1st game I have that uses a symbol in the title and no matter what letter you put it on it only displays the one box.
Thanks, Derek, as usual I can't reproduce. Hopefully I can though if you can send me your LaunchBox.xml file. jasondavidcarr@gmail.com Thanks!

Is that massive delay done on purpose? now you have to wait on a selected item for like 3-5 seconds before the image/info and video load. I was using VLC before and it was really bad switch to windows media player on beta 6 and the performance was smooth everything loaded quickly and no hiccups but on beta 7 its still smooth but you have to wait so long. Also going up or down slowly will cause big box to show old image/info/videos of games past, so if you go down 4 games slowly you will see images/info/video of game 1,2,3 then 4 its like its queued up anyway to have it like beta 6 for windows media player and have the fixes for VLC separate?

I'm not seeing any delays at all when using Windows Media Player. What view are you seeing that in @emko? Also, 3-5 second delays...that shouldn't be happening with VLC either. We'll get it fixed; let me know what views you're seeing that in and make sure that you are in fact using Windows Media Player.

i am using windows media player, the view is list view in the games lists. Just tested out VLC and its a bit quicker but i rather have it like it was in beta 6 with windows media player and the transition effects.

Odd, still seeing no delays in the text list view of the games. Both VLC and Windows Media Player load the videos quickly; is anyone else seeing new delays like this? Obviously @emko's system specs are not the problem. You should be able to find the beta 6 setup in your Updates folder inside your LaunchBox folder, @emko. Should be fine just to install over top.

Jason Carr said Odd, still seeing no delays in the text list view of the games. Both VLC and Windows Media Player load the videos quickly; is anyone else seeing new delays like this? Obviously @emko's system specs are not the problem. You should be able to find the beta 6 setup in your Updates folder inside your LaunchBox folder, @emko. Should be fine just to install over top.
ok well i didnt know what :) i just used my backup system to restore to beta 6 i made a video of beta 7 compared to beta 6 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3FxL4uGsrs&feature=youtu.be first part is beta 7 then it will go black for a second after that its beta 6 you can see the difference and how the lag on beta 7 causes a queue of info/picture/videos loading when you move slowly after watching for a bit i see that i exaggerated the delay time but going from beta 6 to 7 was such a huge difference it really did feel that long, but still its long and nothing like beta 6. watch at 32 second mark, you will see me going up slowly watch what happens to info screen it will be queued up instead of showing the currently selected item. In the beta 6 video i show this same slow moving and its prefect loads up info instantly for each game. hope this helps Thanks

Whoa, ok I get choppiness in the new view, but nothing like this in the view that we've had since BigBox was created. We have similar PC's too. I have an i7 6700, 32GB of DDR4 and a GTX 970. Try turning off or changing the animations. Options -> Game Images, at the bottom of that list.