LaunchBox Community Forums

Translating LaunchBox

Jason Carr

Jason Carr said Thank you @qwerty123. I'm finding it difficult to go through and fix them all though because I don't know where they're all at. Can you help me out by telling me where they're at in the app?
They are in various places, mainly in the "Edit Game" window, but also on the main menu and the menu of each game. Isn't it possible to search for strings in the translation files? I think that would help to find them.

OK, I will try to find them, I didn't take note on where all of them were, also because some of them appeared in more than one place and I thought it was possible to do a simple "search and replace". Meanwhile, the other two issues I mentioned (about Player Mode, in the "Edit Game" window, and about the Images options from the Options Menu) might be more important:
qwerty123 said Now, about "Modo de Jogo" (Player Mode), there's an error in the option "Um Jogado", it should be "Um Jogador". But, regardless of that, I don't think these options should be translated, just like the Genre options aren't. Besides, I had already added some games with the english language, which now have the options in english, and these don't change just by changing the Launchbox language, so if I add new games now with the portuguese language, I end up with a mix of some games with options in english and others in portuguese. I suppose this situation also happens with other languages...
qwerty123 said Just to clear things out, the items "Plano de Fundo" (Backgrounds) and "Visualizando" (Viewing) do appear on the menu of left side, but nothing happens when I click on them.
Notice that this last situation in the Images options only happens when I use the pt-BR translation.

These are the ones I've found. I hope you can see where they are. Main menu, Game: $Salvar Imagem Como... -> Salvar Imagem Como... Main menu, View: Mostrar Icones -> Mostrar Ícones Main menu, Help: Bem Vindo -> Bem-vindo Forums -> Fóruns Mandar Opniões -> Mandar Opiniões Main menu, Help, About, "Premium" tab cusomização -> customização Main menu, Help, About, "Controls" tab contêm -> contém (4x) Main menu, Help, About, "Images" tab icone -> ícone Main menu, Help, About, "TheGamesDB.net" tab incialização -> inicialização vem ocorrido -> vêm ocorrendo disponivel -> disponível "Arrange by" menu: Distribuido Por -> Distribuído Por Status -> Estado Titulo -> Título Details sidebar pane: distribuido por -> distribuído por Bottom of main window: Mostrando (number) of (number) do total de jogos -> Mostrando (number) de (number) do total de jogos "Edit" Window: Titulo -> Título Status -> Estado Portatil -> Portátil Download Imagens -> Baixar Imagens Campos Editaveis -> Campos Editáveis "Edit" Window, "Additional Apps" tab: disponiveis -> disponíveis "Edit" Window, "Other" tab: Musica -> Música Video -> Vídeo Titulo -> Título titulo -> título "Options" window, "Side Bar" tab Mostrar Item "Todosl" -> Mostrar Item "Todos"

• 3 weeks later...
Hey guys, planning on putting out the 5.2 official release this weekend. There have been some minor changes/additions that ideally need translated. The following files have been changed: Strings.resx OptionsForm.resx AddEditForm.resx MainForm.resx BulkEditWizardForm.resx ImportGamesFromSteamWizardForm.resx EmulatorForm.resx Some of these may not have any real changes; I just know that the files have changed since the last official release. Also, if you can, here are the release notes that could use translating:
  • New "Hide" field on games allows you to hide games from your collection
  • Additional support for emulators that work only by file name without extension (Sega Model 2 Emulator for example)
  • Big Box can now be filtered by fields other than platform
Thank you guys very much. :)

Jason there is the release notes translation and the program translation files attached on this post: Novo campo "Esconder" nos jogos permite que esconda jogos de sua coleção Suporte adicional para emuladores que funcionam apenas com o nome de arquivo, sem a extensão (Sega Model 2 Emulator por exemplo) Big Box pode ser filtrado por outros campos além da plataforma.

Jason Carr said Hey guys, planning on putting out the 5.2 official release this weekend. There have been some minor changes/additions that ideally need translated. The following files have been changed: Strings.resx OptionsForm.resx AddEditForm.resx MainForm.resx BulkEditWizardForm.resx ImportGamesFromSteamWizardForm.resx EmulatorForm.resx Some of these may not have any real changes; I just know that the files have changed since the last official release. Also, if you can, here are the release notes that could use translating:
  • New "Hide" field on games allows you to hide games from your collection
  • Additional support for emulators that work only by file name without extension (Sega Model 2 Emulator for example)
  • Big Box can now be filtered by fields other than platform
Thank you guys very much. :)
French translation is near to be finished. About the release notes :
  • New "Hide" field on games allows you to hide games from your collection : Un nouveau champ "Cacher" pour les jeux qui vous permet de cacher des jeux dans votre collection
  • Additional support for emulators that work only by file name without extension (Sega Model 2 Emulator for example) : Support additionnel pour les émulateurs qui ne fonctionnent qu'avec le nom du fichier sans extension (Émulateur Sega Model 2 par exemple)
  • Big Box can now be filtered by fields other than platform : Possibilité dans Big Box de filtrer autrement que par plateforme

About the pt-BR translation of Launchbox, I found more text that needs to be corrected: Main menu, Help, About, "AutoHotkey" tab contêm -> contém Main menu, Help, About, "Controls" tab contém the -> contém a Previously, I mentioned this one: Main menu, Game: $Salvar Imagem Como... -> Salvar Imagem Como... but I forgot to mention that it also needed to be changed in the context menu that appears when we right click a game. Since the entries are the same, I thought that they were the same strings and that changing in the Game menu would also change in the context menu, but apparently that's not the case. My bad!

• 1 month later...
Hey all, it's that time again. I just put out the feature-complete beta before 5.3, so we should be ready to go for translation updates. Here are the resource files that have changed since 5.2: Strings.resx ImportGamesFromFilesWizardForm.resx MainForm.resx AlreadyRunningForm.resx EditAutoHotkeyScriptForm.resx EmulatorForm.resx AboutForm.resx AddEditForm.resx They should all mostly have only minor changes (just a thing or two added, most likely). It is possible that some of them don't have any real changes (sometimes Visual Studio likes to save them even when nothing changes). As usual, the language package downloads at the beginning of this thread are up to date. Thanks as always. :)