LaunchBox Community Forums

Translating LaunchBox

Jason Carr

• 2 weeks later...
thanks brad! i already asked you if there is a software for macOs like zeta, but maybe someone else here has an opportunity for me. i am just asking cause its much more comfortable with my notebook (mac book) instead of sitting in front of my home pc ;-)

Hi @m3TTwUrsT, unfortunately I'm not aware of a program to use for OS X. Primarily because this is the .NET solution for translations, I'd be surprised if one existed, sadly. I did a quick search and there are .resx editors available for OS X, but I haven't found anything that will work well for translating.

CliveBarker @Wattoo @AFaustini @cyanjiang Now is the time to get the translations ready for the 6.0 release. I will be fixing bugs yet but won't be adding any new features and shouldn't be changing any text to translate. The translation packages are ready. As always, thank you guys so much. Hoping to put out the official 6.0 release in a couple days if possible. :)

Also, here are the release notes to be translated. Thank you very much guys. :) Here are the biggest changes for this release: Several new views for Big Box including CoverFlow and logo wheels like Hyperspin Big Box now allows you to quickly jump between letters of the alphabet Big Box can now be locked down to read-only mode with a pin LaunchBox and Big Box sorting mechanisms now ignore leading articles

FRENCH : Several new views for Big Box including CoverFlow and logo wheels like Hyperspin : De nouvelles vues dans BigBox avec, en particulier, un mode CoverFlow et une navigation par "roue" comme dans Hyperspin Big Box now allows you to quickly jump between letters of the alphabet : Il est maintenant possible dans BigBox de passer rapidement d'une lettre de l'alphabet à une autre Big Box can now be locked down to read-only mode with a pin : BigBox peut être maintenant verrouillé dans un mode "lecture seule" à l'aide d'un code pin LaunchBox and Big Box sorting mechanisms now ignore leading articles : Les mécanismes de tri de LaunchBox et de BigBox ignorent maintenant les déterminants de types articles définis ou indéfinis

Aqui estão as maiores mudanças para esta versão: Vários novos modos para o Big Box, incluindo CoverFlow e roda de logos, como o Hyperspin Big Box agora permite pular rapidamente entre as letras do alfabeto. Big Box agora pode ser travado no modo somente leitura. Mecanismos de ordenamento do Launchbox e Big Box agora ignoram artigos no inicio do nome.

Hello everyone. A message for Jason (I don't know how to tag user names, so have patience with me...): still waiting for the packages for Italian translation you told me about 2 weeks ago. I don't know if I have to do something about it or just wait for you: I hope there are no problems and so I'll wait for your answer when you're ready. Thank you!

Alright guys, new beta is out with the updated French and Brazilian Portuguese translations. @dukeemu, I've also created a new Italian translation package; it's available at the beginning of this thread. Thank you very much everyone. @CliveBarker I know I'm extremely annoying and needy...how soon can you get an updated translation and release notes for us? :)

Jason Carr said Alright guys, new beta is out with the updated French and Brazilian Portuguese translations. @dukeemu, I've also created a new Italian translation package; it's available at the beginning of this thread. Thank you very much everyone. @CliveBarker I know I'm extremely annoying and needy...how soon can you get an updated translation and release notes for us? :)
I am on it, don't worry it will be done in an hour probably.

Jason Carr said Also, here are the release notes to be translated. Thank you very much guys. :) Here are the biggest changes for this release: Several new views for Big Box including CoverFlow and logo wheels like Hyperspin Big Box now allows you to quickly jump between letters of the alphabet Big Box can now be locked down to read-only mode with a pin LaunchBox and Big Box sorting mechanisms now ignore leading articles
Aquí están los más grandes cambios para esta versión: Varias vistas nuevas para Big Box incluyendo Flujo de Portadas y Ruedas de Logotipos como las de Hyperspin Big Box ahora permite navegar rapidamente entre letras del abecedario en tu lista de juegos Big Box ahora puede ser bloqueado al modo solo-lectura con un Pin Los mecanismos de organización de LaunchBox y Big Box ahora ignoran los artículos gramaticales.

Jason Carr said Thank you so much @CliveBarker. I'm so stoked to release 6.0. Working on the release now. :)
Hi Jason, so far everything seems fine with this release and the coverflow view is beautiful. No translation overlaps but I found something weird. btrtr.png I can't find any res file that gives me the option to translate all that text. I noticed that some time ago but I didn't tell you becuase I thought the res files for that would come for this release.

Oh yeah, dang, I totally forgot about that. Thanks, @CliveBarker. I can get a new package out for everyone with that soon. It's actually in a separate control so you're right, there's no way to translate it for the moment. Whoops. Glad everything is working well though. :)