LaunchBox Community Forums

Translating LaunchBox

Jason Carr

French :

LaunchBox Premium now includes voice recognition for both LaunchBox and Big Box! : LaunchBox Premium intègre désormais la reconnaissance vocale pour LaunchBox et BigBox !
Attract mode is now available for Big Box : Le mode Attract est désormais disponible dans BigBox
LEDBlinky is now supported : Support de LEDBlinky

French translated files are almost completed and should be released within a day or two.

• Like 1

On 14.9.2016 at 0:41 AM, Jason Carr said:

LaunchBox Premium now includes voice recognition for both LaunchBox and Big Box!
Attract mode is now available for Big Box
LEDBlinky is now supported

LaunchBox Premium enthält jetzt Spracherkennung für LaunchBox und Big Box!

Attract-Modus ist jetzt für Big Box verfügbar

LEDBlinky wird jetzt unterstützt

@audunv So sorry for the delays on those translation packages. I moved it back up to the top of my shortlist. I'll plan to get you those shortly after the 6.9 release, which should be out tomorrow. If it slips again, hit me over the head. Really sorry for the delays; I got a lot of stuff going on and sometimes I lose track.

Thanks @AFaustini, @Wattoo, and @Opaklopper. I'll have a new beta with the translation updates out later today. Planning to put the official release out tomorrow.

LaunchBox Premium now includes voice recognition for both LaunchBox and Big Box!
Attract mode is now available for Big Box
LEDBlinky is now supported

¡LaunchBox Premium ahora incluye reconocimiento de voz para LaunchBox y Big Box!

El modo Atracción ya está disponible para Big Box

Soporte para LEDBlinky

• Like 1

Hello everyone. Included here is a new language file for Italian speaking. I tested every options and menus, but I think it's impossible to check every dialog, because sometime I don't even know how to get it (this app is incredibly big to test for only one person). But I have to report some problems I've found until now. Where it was possible I changed Italian translation to avoid overlapping, but here below you'll find a more precise description. Before that, 2 problems come first:

1) The splash page is not translated in the left half. So the title window is translated and the right half (with presentation of Big Box in video) is translated in the upper part.

2) In the View menu, last 2 voices Image Type and Arrange by have both sub-menus: in Image Type, the sub-menu is untranslated; in Arrange By only first half is translated while the second part (under the separator) is untranslated.

In this case I don't know: it could be some kind of error from me, but let me know if I'm doing something wrong or I'm missing some files.

Overlapping: I'll wait for next update with new Italian translation to re-check my corrections to all the phrases with overlap that I found. Only problem that I found impossible to shorten is in Options/General/Side Bar where Show "(&None)" item = Mostra Oggetto "(&Nessuno)" is too long, same for Text: = Testo: (in all 3 Show Item) is readable but causes some problems to the box next to them on the right. I hope there is a solution for this one.

Sorry for delay but after some very bad weather, I lost Internet connection for 2 days (as usual in this country...) and only tonight I get it back at home.

Language-it-IT.zip

Edited by dukeemu
  • Like 1

Thank you Clive. Italy is not in Europe when talking about Internet connections... probably only if you live in a big big city like Milano or Roma you'll get a decent or optimal speed. But outside cities, almost a 5% of territory is not covered yet with ADSL: it's not much but think about the quality of infrastructure in general... :(  

Hi @Jason Carr,

I was talking with @CliveBarker about the spanish translation. Now the ES option is really a Spanish / Latino derivation, that it´s correctly translate by Clive.

I want to contribute with the translation of Spanish / Spain. Probably you need to make some changes in LB to add this option, but If you explain me how to begin the translations could be perfect. I prefer to begin the changes with the actual files of clive.

@sfn103 @Wutex @audunv So sorry for the delays on those translation packages. I'm finally getting them ready. Unfortunately though there are lots of options for the Arabic translation, and a couple different options for the Norwegian.

@audunv, which of these two are what you speak for your native tongue?

nb-NO    Norwegian (Bokmål) - Norway    0x0414     
nn-NO    Norwegian (Nynorsk) - Norway    0x0814

@sfn103, which of these is what you speak?

ar-DZ    Arabic - Algeria    0x1401    ARG
ar-BH    Arabic - Bahrain    0x3C01    ARH
ar-EG    Arabic - Egypt    0x0C01    ARE
ar-IQ    Arabic - Iraq    0x0801    ARI
ar-JO    Arabic - Jordan    0x2C01    ARJ
ar-KW    Arabic - Kuwait    0x3401    ARK
ar-LB    Arabic - Lebanon    0x3001    ARB
ar-LY    Arabic - Libya    0x1001    ARL
ar-MA    Arabic - Morocco    0x1801    ARM
ar-OM    Arabic - Oman    0x2001    ARO
ar-QA    Arabic - Qatar    0x4001    ARQ
ar-SA    Arabic - Saudi Arabia    0x0401    ARA
ar-SY    Arabic - Syria    0x2801    ARS
ar-TN    Arabic - Tunisia    0x1C01    ART
ar-AE    Arabic - United Arab Emirates    0x3801    ARU
ar-YE    Arabic - Yemen    0x2401    ARY

Keep in mind that we can label the language without the country code if that makes the most sense, but it is best to choose the correct one from the start before beginning the translation. Thanks. :)

39 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

@audunv, which of these two are what you speak for your native tongue?

nb-NO    Norwegian (Bokmål) - Norway    0x0414     
nn-NO    Norwegian (Nynorsk) - Norway    0x0814

@Jason Carr

I speak  nb-NO    Norwegian (Bokmål) - Norway    0x0414. That's the most used written language in Norway.

• Like 1

Hi @Jason Carr,

there are many differences beetween both "languages", in many words, but specially in the expressions, that many don´t exists in the "official" Spanish language. For example "Checalo aqui" it´s not understood by a Spanish person.

If could be possible the implementation, it would be really good for LB, I think that a Latino / Spanish is extrange for Spanish people, because it uses many words thar look like mistakes or spanglish.

I´ve been waiting to do this if finally you can implement these as a new language.

• Like 2