LaunchBox Community Forums

Translating LaunchBox

Jason Carr

@audunv @Wutex I have new translation packages finally available for you guys. Again, so sorry for the delays and thank you very much for all the help. See the first post in this thread for details. New translation packages are available at the end of the first post on this thread.

Also, do please read the first and second posts of this thread in their entirety as there are a couple of gotchas that we'll want to avoid before you guys get started. Thanks so much. :)

@dukeemu I also finally updated your translation files in the latest beta. Per the splash page not being translated, we'll need to manually translate those things. I typically ask for those translations before each new version, so for the next version I'll have you translate all that text and then I can update. The splash screen text is actually not in the translation packages.

Per those items in the View menu, those are actually not translated currently, which I know isn't ideal. I did it that way to avoid confusion with folder structures and such. I plan to come back to that eventually, but for now, that stuff is just always in English in order to match the LaunchBox Games Database.

I did also fix the overlapping issue in the Sidebar tab of the Options form. Just let me know if there are more of those issues; they're actually pretty easy to fix. I just need to know where they are is all. :)

Thanks again. :)

• Like 1

Thanks @sfn103; I'll get a new translation package out soon. I'll just use ar-SA.

@Opaklopper Just put out a new beta with your updated translation.

So Retropalooza is coming up here soon guys and I'm leaving early Thursday morning for a week. So I'm planning on putting out the 6.10 official version early Wednesday morning so that there's a safety period in case something goes wrong. My apologies for the short timeframe there. There's not a lot of translation changes for this version at least; I think the Strings file is the only one that changed. If you guys are able to get the translations in before Wednesday morning, that would be awesome. If not, there's not that many changes so it shouldn't be a huge deal. It's always appreciate so much guys, so thank you.

In addition, here's the release notes for 6.10 that can use translating:

Sound packs and separate volume controls for are now available for Big Box
The LaunchBox XML file has been divided up; check the Data folder inside of your LaunchBox folder
Many new performance improvements for both LaunchBox and Big Box

Thanks again all. :)

@dukeemu Since we haven't yet translated any of the release notes stuff for the Italian translation, there's a bit more to translate there. Feel free to translate this stuff if you have time before Wednesday; otherwise it can wait for the next release. Thanks. :)

Welcome to LaunchBox RELEASEVERSION!

Here are the biggest changes for this release:

Sound packs and separate volume controls for are now available for Big Box
The LaunchBox XML file has been divided up; check the Data folder inside of your LaunchBox folder
Many new performance improvements for both LaunchBox and Big Box

See the changelog under the Help menu for more.

If you appreciate LaunchBox, please Like us on Facebook and help us spread the word!

THIS IS AN UNOFFICIAL BETA RELEASE.

Please do not distribute this version of LaunchBox, as it is not an official release and could be broken.

See the changelog under the Help menu for further details on the changes for this release.

Please report all issues that you run into using the Report Issue option under the Help menu.

Thanks for using LaunchBox! To get started, you can:

Install or Import MS-DOS games
Import your games from Steam
Import your ROM collection
See what LaunchBox can do

View the changelog under the Help menu for details on the latest version.

Support LaunchBox!

Sound packs and separate volume controls for are now available for Big Box - Pacotes de Som e controles de volume separados estão agora disponíveis para o Big Box
The LaunchBox XML file has been divided up; check the Data folder inside of your LaunchBox folder - O arquivo XML do Launchbox foi dividido; confira na pasta Data dentro de sua pasta do Launchbox
Many new performance improvements for both LaunchBox and Big Box - Varias melhorias de performance para o Launchbox e Big Box

Language-pt-BR.zip

• Like 2

Jason, I translate it directly here:

Benvenuto alla nuova VERSIONE di LaunchBox!

Ecco le maggiori novità di questa release:

I sound packs e i controlli separati per il volume sono ora disponibili per Big Box

Il file XML di LaunchBox è stato diviso; controlla la cartella Data nella tua cartella di LaunchBox

Molti miglioramenti nelle perfomances sia di LaunchBox che di Big Box

Leggi il changelog nel menu Aiuto per saperne di più

Se ti piace LaunchBox, clicca Mi Piace su Facebook ed aiutaci a spargere la voce!

QUESTA E' UNA RELEASE BETA NON UFFICIALE.

Per favore, non distribuire questa versione di LaunchBox, dato che non è la release ufficiale e potrebbe non funzionare

Leggi il changelog nel menu Aiuto per ulteriori dettagli sulle novità di questa release.

Per favore segnala tutti i problemi che hai incontrato usando l'opzione Segnala Problema nel menu Aiuto.

Grazie per l'uso di LaunchBox. Per iniziare, puoi:

Installare od importare giochi MS-DOS

Importare i tuoi giochi da Steam

Importare la tua collezione di ROMS

Vedere cosa LaunchBox può fare

Guarda il changelog nel menu Aiuto per i dettagli sull'ultima versione.

Supporta LaunchBox!

I hope this is clear for you and let me know if there are any problems with that.

19 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

@nyny77 That would be up to the individual translators. I can provide the Word document if anyone would like to translate the theme documentation PDF file.

Well... I must confess that I will miss some time to do my translation duty for the next few weeks. My wife just gave birth to a beautiful little girl... I'm about to be much more busy with my personal life! 

I'll just focus on translating the usual files, but I won't be able to do any other task. If someone else wants to translate this Word document to French, be welcome! :)

Edited by Wattoo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Wattoo said:

Well... I must confess that I will miss some time to do my translation duty for the next few weeks. My wife just gave birth to a beautiful little girl... I'm about to be much more busy with my personal life! 

I'll just focus on translating the usual files, but I won't be able to do any other task. If someone else wants to translate this Word document to French, be welcome! :)

Félicitation Wattoo !!!!!

Edited by nyny77
  • Like 1

I'll just focus on translating the usual files, but I won't be able to do any other task. If someone else wants to translate this Word document to French, be welcome! [emoji4]

That is awesme man!!! My dream is to be a father too!!

Sent from my LG-H818

• Like 3