LaunchBox Community Forums

Translating LaunchBox

Jason Carr

16 hours ago, Cauptain said:

Hello @Jason Carr,

I have a question.

Any chance to translate genre of games titles?

SNAG-0508.thumb.png.fd586e336c45fc60a85db19db4d0cfe0.png

Claudio

Unfortunately we're not set up currently to translate the data itself from the LaunchBox Games Database. I would need to completely overhaul the LBGDB to get us to that point. For what it's worth, it would be fairly easy to select all the games in the particular genres in your collection and change them to a translated one instead. You'd have to do it genre by genre, but it'd probably only take 15 minutes or so to get them all done. But then of course anything new you scan or download will still use the English names.

In the future we might be able to add translations and such to the LaunchBox Games Database, but as much work as that is it'll probably be quite a while.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Unfortunately we're not set up currently to translate the data itself from the LaunchBox Games Database. I would need to completely overhaul the LBGDB to get us to that point. For what it's worth, it would be fairly easy to select all the games in the particular genres in your collection and change them to a translated one instead. You'd have to do it genre by genre, but it'd probably only take 15 minutes or so to get them all done. But then of course anything new you scan or download will still use the English names.

In the future we might be able to add translations and such to the LaunchBox Games Database, but as much work as that is it'll probably be quite a while.

Thanks for reply @Jason Carr

I can live with this ?

See you on the next release my friend.

Claudio

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

It's about that time again guys; I'm hoping to put out the 10.0 official release early next week on Monday or Tuesday. I've managed to get the new Android app working with our existing translation system as well, so all the Android translations are also included in the Strings.resx file. There's not a whole lot of things to translate at current for the Android app, so it shouldn't add much extra work. Thanks as always. :)

@Opak @dukeemu @cyanjiang @Bardock @MajKSA @gamehacker @Cauptain @Kondorito @Nyny77 @alexposad @k_kutsugi

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

It's about that time again guys; I'm hoping to put out the 10.0 official release early next week on Monday or Tuesday. I've managed to get the new Android app working with our existing translation system as well, so all the Android translations are also included in the Strings.resx file. There's not a whole lot of things to translate at current for the Android app, so it shouldn't add much extra work. Thanks as always. :)

@Opak @dukeemu @cyanjiang @Bardock @MajKSA @gamehacker @Cauptain @Kondorito @Nyny77 @alexposad @k_kutsugi

Hello @Jason Carr,

Will we have time for another beta? I wish this particular version (its a awesome version 10 ?) had no translation errors.

Language is fully updated for 10.0 version:

Language-pt-BR -10.zip

Claudio

• Like 1

Here you go @Jason Carr:

Language-es_NEW.zip

One thing I noticed; in the Strings.resx at the ErrorNoLaunchBoxDataFound, it says at the end:

"As of this release, you will need to use the latest beta version of LaunchBox for Windows. You can upgrade to the beta release by going to Tools > Options > General > Updates in LaunchBox and checking the box to update to beta releases.
Once updated, you can find the Android export process under Tools > Export to Android."

Is this text ok for this version? Will it need to be removed for future ones?

Edited by Kondorito
  • Like 1

Thank you @Cauptain and @Kondorito; I have those translations updated for the next beta. I'm not sure if there will be another beta for the desktop, but there will be another beta for Android at least.

Good find @Kondorito on that beta mention. It would indeed be best if the paragraph mentioning the betas was removed from the translations. So here is the text that we would ideally translate, instead of what's in there:

No LaunchBox data was found on your device's internal or SD card storage.

Please use LaunchBox for Windows to export your games from the desktop application. You can find the Android export process under Tools > Export to Android.

It's not a huge deal if this doesn't get changed, but it would be a good thing to get right. :)

• Like 1