LaunchBox Community Forums

XAML Tips and Tricks

Maybe it's intended but is there a reason why Binding BottomBoxesView don't work in PlatformWheel2FiltersView, but works in  the platforms views for 1,3 and 4?

This is the coding I see in the default theme but don't see it in PlatformWheel2FiltersView or adding it to my  theme it does nothing. Maybe I'm missing something here or @Jason Carr

might have missed it. I'm basically making my theme platform, all 4 the same just different colors and it works with 3 of them but not this one. Thanks! 

<transitions:TransitionPresenter Grid.Row="5" TransitionSelector="{Binding BottomBoxesTransitionSelector}" Content="{Binding BottomBoxesView}" />

Hello everyone i just purchashed premium its awsome but i need one help , when i created my cps1 ,2 and 3 platforms i chose scrape as arcade and in bigbox all 3 systems have the arcade logo instead of cps3 logo how can i change the logos to proper ones ty ???

On 2/2/2018 at 11:36 PM, Sithel said:

I've done some searching and can't seem to find the issue I'm having.

Looking in the .pdf notes I see this:

SelectedGame.StarRating
The selected game’s Star Rating; integer value between 0 and 5
<TextBlock Text="{Binding Path=SelectedGame.StarRating}" Foreground="White" />

I see we can set the star rating in halves but setting the integer to something like 2.5 will not output a 2.5 rating. It seems to round down to a 2. 

Text blocks unfortunately can't display half stars, since they use the text star character. In order to display half-stars, you generally have to use a more complicated solution like covering up a percentage of the stars, or adjusting the width of the text block.

15 hours ago, Sithel said:

Maybe it's intended but is there a reason why Binding BottomBoxesView don't work in PlatformWheel2FiltersView, but works in  the platforms views for 1,3 and 4?

This is the coding I see in the default theme but don't see it in PlatformWheel2FiltersView or adding it to my  theme it does nothing. Maybe I'm missing something here or @Jason Carr

might have missed it. I'm basically making my theme platform, all 4 the same just different colors and it works with 3 of them but not this one. Thanks! 

<transitions:TransitionPresenter Grid.Row="5" TransitionSelector="{Binding BottomBoxesTransitionSelector}" Content="{Binding BottomBoxesView}" />

Some views have those Top and Bottom Boxes Views and some views don't. They're a minor performance hit, so I don't want to add support for them to every view. You can check the Default theme to see which views have the boxes and which views don't. :)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kostas said:

Hello everyone i just purchashed premium its awsome but i need one help , when i created my cps1 ,2 and 3 platforms i chose scrape as arcade and in bigbox all 3 systems have the arcade logo instead of cps3 logo how can i change the logos to proper ones ty ???

Please post this in a new topic @kostas. This topic is unrelated.

On 2/10/2018 at 1:11 PM, Hexxxer said:

Is there a Routed Event that gets launched when the TextGamesView switches from TextGameView to TextListView?

I am attempted to pause animations depending on if TextGameView and TextListView is active.

You mean when using TextGamesView to view a list of games, then selecting a game? No, I've not been able to find a routed event to latch onto.

This same issue exists for TextFiltersView when diving down from categories to a list of platforms for that category.

On 2/10/2018 at 11:11 AM, Hexxxer said:

Is there a Routed Event that gets launched when the TextGamesView switches from TextGameView to TextListView?

I am attempted to pause animations depending on if TextGameView and TextListView is active.

There is an IsInGameDetails property on the model, but unfortunately it's not currently tied in with property notifications for when it changes, so it probably won't work well for bindings, hmm. Looks like you could also look for a change in the ListViewModel property, as that will change whenever the user goes back and forth between the details menu and the games lists.

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

There is an IsInGameDetails property on the model, but unfortunately it's not currently tied in with property notifications for when it changes, so it probably won't work well for bindings, hmm. Looks like you could also look for a change in the ListViewModel property, as that will change whenever the user goes back and forth between the details menu and the games lists.

It's a start!

On 2/12/2018 at 2:49 PM, Jason Carr said:

There is an IsInGameDetails property on the model, but unfortunately it's not currently tied in with property notifications for when it changes.

Hey @Jason CarrAny chance you might add this property notification in the future?

On a related note, a binding for SelectedCategory would also be helpful.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, wallmachine said:

is it possible with <videos:VideoControl VideoPath="pack://siteoforigin:,,,/Themes/YourTheme/Videos/Background.mp4" /> to display the video of the game selected and not just a specific file? The documentations says 'This property specifies path to the video file to play.'

25 minutes ago, shinra358 said:

Ive asked this twice b4 with no answer so i dnt think one will come.

I honestly don't know; you should be able to bind to the SelectedGame.VideoPath property, but I haven't tested it.