LaunchBox Community Forums

Retroarch in Launchbox

nmc

Importing your rom's is a LaunchBox thing and not dependent on the emulator at all. You can import all the roms you want, then change the emulator, add it as your importing or setup all of your emulators before hand then import. If your Saturn game's are already imported then add RA as an emulator. The tutorial goes over a few of the things that need to be there for it to work, like having the core downloaded, that you have the BIOS file, making sure the -L command is there for it in the Associated Platforms and that the name here and in LB are the same. Otherwise RetroArch might not be looking in the correct location for the required BIOS file, so changing your System directory under File Path is a good idea too.

Most emulators for N64 games should have options to change what accessory it is going to emulate for the bottom of the controller. In RA, load the core and a game, Press F1 from in game to open the Quick Menu and if it is not open it. Should be the first tab at the very top. Scroll down to Core Options and the option should be in there if it exists.

Under the Emulators Page, edit RetroArch. Check the Associated Platforms page, there are three columns. On the left make sure that the Turbografx 16 system name matches the name on the left pane in LaunchBox. Then check each of the Sega consoles. Sega Mastersystem, Sega Genesis, Sega Game Gear, Sega CD, etc. Once you know the names all match, check the middle column. The middle column for Turbografx 16 should be -L "cores\mednafen_pce_fast_libretro.dll" The other Sega systems (except 32X, Saturn and Dreamcast) should be -L "cores\genesis_plus_gx_libretro.dll"

Not necessarily. There could be config loading, or something is loaded, the new thing is loaded, then going back either the trigger to switch isn't there or the commands are broken. Sometimes the answers are simple and sometimes the answers are complicated. Usually best to start simple first then work your way down. Sometimes people get mad at that, but when we don't get specific information you've gotta cast a wide net. In this case just launching games could be anything.

DOS76 said Is he saying if he launches Megadrive it works and then switches to TG16 that works too but when he tires to switch back to MegaDrive it doesn't work? If it was a cores problem wouldn't it not work the 1st time he tried to launch it.
Yep , this is my problem :(

SentaiBrad said Under the Emulators Page, edit RetroArch. Check the Associated Platforms page, there are three columns. On the left make sure that the Turbografx 16 system name matches the name on the left pane in LaunchBox. Then check each of the Sega consoles. Sega Mastersystem, Sega Genesis, Sega Game Gear, Sega CD, etc. Once you know the names all match, check the middle column. The middle column for Turbografx 16 should be -L "cores\mednafen_pce_fast_libretro.dll" The other Sega systems (except 32X, Saturn and Dreamcast) should be -L "cores\genesis_plus_gx_libretro.dll"
Now I'm at work, I come home just check the setting again, although I'm pretty sure they're correct

SentaiBrad said Under the Emulators Page, edit RetroArch. Check the Associated Platforms page, there are three columns. On the left make sure that the Turbografx 16 system name matches the name on the left pane in LaunchBox. Then check each of the Sega consoles. Sega Mastersystem, Sega Genesis, Sega Game Gear, Sega CD, etc. Once you know the names all match, check the middle column. The middle column for Turbografx 16 should be -L "cores\mednafen_pce_fast_libretro.dll" The other Sega systems (except 32X, Saturn and Dreamcast) should be -L "cores\genesis_plus_gx_libretro.dll"
Er not , not work :( http://imgur.com/Zb35lnw This is My Core http://imgur.com/5hVg4jG

Load RetroArch outside of LaunchBox, then try loading from there. Load your Genesis core then your Genesis Game, then load your TurboGrafx 16 core then your TGFX16 game, then repeat Genesis again. Done outside of LaunchBox should work and if it does we know it's potentially a problem with your LB setup.

SentaiBrad said Load RetroArch outside of LaunchBox, then try loading from there. Load your Genesis core then your Genesis Game, then load your TurboGrafx 16 core then your TGFX16 game, then repeat Genesis again. Done outside of LaunchBox should work and if it does we know it's potentially a problem with your LB setup.
In retroarch (without launchbox) work fine .

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but the games you are loading, they're the proper games right? You said first was Genesis, that loaded. Second was TurboGrafx and that loaded. Third was Genesis again and it black screened, was this game the proper game for the core? I'm asking Jason now because this is wracking my brain Yell

SentaiBrad said I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but the games you are loading, they're the proper games right? You said first was Genesis, that loaded. Second was TurboGrafx and that loaded. Third was Genesis again and it black screened, was this game the proper game for the core? I'm asking Jason now because this is wracking my brain Yell
1 st ) Genesis and work 2 nd ) PC Engine and work Back to Genesis and i recive black screen . Back to PC engine and work