LaunchBox Community Forums

Retroarch in Launchbox

nmc

Nah, it's ok, it was a wild hunch. The MESS core might be a bit more locked down than standalone, which is why I would still suggest MESS Standalone to anyone who reads this: http://www.emucr.com/search/label/MESS?&max-results=12 (which of course there is a new build of today... the day after I recorded this friday's tutorial dealing with MESS xD)

• 4 weeks later...

I have a big problem with retroarch, use it for nintendo entertainment (Nestopia) and works perfect. but when I want to use to run games Super Nintendo Entertainment does not work ... do not load. I try again to load games Nestopia and if it works perfect ... so I could see not libretro.dll loading the SNES. I put the core indicated and emulator configuration also put well the core libretro. They have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

bsnes_balance_libretro.dll should be the name but I'm guessing that was just a typo. Do the platform names match on the platform list on the left side of LB and what you have typed under the associated platform. it has to be a small typing error somewhere as SNES is one of the easiest systems to get working in RA.

if it's a typo error. I'm telling memory since I'm not in front of the machine now. It is so as you say. if it called like Super Nintendo Entertainment System. I thought the same insurance due to a typo error but can not find which can be. even download the latest version of retroarch update everything and nothing yet.

SNES doesn't require BIOS, so it's generally a lot more simple. As long as you downloaded the bsnes balanced core (the suggested core for SNES), you set the core name in the associated platforms tab, your SNES platform name there in the associated platforms menu matches the name of your system in LaunchBox, and your SNES games are using RetroArch to Launch you should be good to go. If you want extra help you can follow out tutorials if you'd like. It is more of a beginner tutorial, so it might show a lot of stuff you already know, but it's the only SNES tutorial we have. I did the starter tutorial with SNES on purpose.

• Like 1

I had a bin set a while back. It works in RetroArch if I recall. You can actually just rename the sfc extension to .bin if you wanted. The only reason I could think to do that is if you had the bin set and could only find a rom in sfc but wanted your set to have all the same extensions. I'm pretty sure you can do the same from bin to sfc.