LaunchBox Community Forums

Emulator Settings for All Platforms

Jason Carr

Thx @neil9000 !
Yes, I see and tested the latest development release.
Unfortunately, it doesn't work. Redream closes/crash as soon as I want to launch a winCE game.
Directly in the emulator or in LaunchBox.

Maybe I'll wait for a new build.

Thx for the tips !!!  =)

By the way, since I'm in the right thread, I also have a problem with RetroArch for the Saturn (kronos core).
When I launch a game, the emulator stays in the background, behind LaunchBox.
Black screen if I force it. I only have sound.

RetroArch work well with other system setup. 
An idea ?

@viking This  command line seemed to work fine for me: Edit: Didn't see previous replies. This command line below works for full screen flycast standalone. 

But on the topic of WindowsCE games, I can also confirm ReDream works fine for me (just tested Sega Rally Championship).

--f

Edited by OdinsPlayground

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, Pineappleking said:

😶 oh... ok. Thank you.
I think they won´t work in retroarch, too?

DEMUL is like the only thing I'm aware of that runs Hikaru, but the only issue is that it doesn't fullscreen at launch for some odd reason while things like NAOMI, NAOMI 2, and Atomiswave launch at fullscreen just fine. You;ll have to just Alt+Enter once you launch a Hikaru game to make it fullscreen. Some have claimed to found a way to fix it, but then have claimed it somehow went back to not launching at fullscreen. Other than that, DEMUL seems the best and only option. I hope someday Flycast is able to run more than just Dreamcast, NAOMI, and Atomiswave because then we can have all that in RetroArch

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

greetings all!@ these forum reviews!!,hope everything is real simple now?, appreciate the help when needed also.

I'd like an updated list of parameters for launching command-line purposes here at this area,please make them easier i the way that they could be more specific to running MAME and other platforms there have being changes, I'm a emulator person as well and really require some insight into doing emulator launching on other front ends. // retrofe.nl site has no information concerning advanced setting or configurations besides the guide that points to a global.conf file that doesn't exist in the executable root directory of RetroFE , can anyone help here on the forums? would like some feedback sooner than whenever.please.. an  in depth list like the one above maybe uploaded at this years emulation, maybe eta prime could host something if and when he's available?..

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 12/27/2022 at 11:06 AM, rockarollo said:

latest version of BiGPEmu added a new option : it reads/writes all user data (configuration, saved states, screenshots, etc.) in a local (next to executable) "UserData" directory instead of the OS-dependent path.

So for setting up the emu with this new feature you need to add this command line in the filed of emulator\command line :

"rompath_where_is_your_rom\%romfile%.j64" -localdata

Use the comma, check all boxes witht the exception of the one on the right below and dont forget to create the UserData folder where the emu exe is

you are welcome  😛

care to SS this? i'm adding -localdata as a default command line parameter and when doing so its no longer loading the game, just opening the emu itself.   The docs seem to say that the emulator expects the first command line to always be the path to the image, meaning the -localdata should follow the rom path, not be between the exe and the path which it seems to indicate is the case.

we need an option/checkbox to place arguments after the rompath for instances such as the aforementioned?
image.thumb.png.048d9e96f1c33593b46b2aa97bb7210b.png

Edited by klepp0906

3 minutes ago, rockarollo said:

check better what i wrote above your msg, you didnt follow my tuto

a screenshot would help.  the userdata folder is created, i tried with all the checkboxes you noted checked even though none of them seem relevant to the issue at hand which is the placement of the command line switch in the command line argument to launch. 

instead of being vague, perhaps specifically indicate which box is the solution?  If you have it working, its evident i misinterpreted something you said, but i tested with each and every box checked and unchecked and combo checked and the result was the same. 

2 hours ago, klepp0906 said:

we need an option/checkbox to place arguments after the rompath for instances such as the aforementioned

To get the rompath inserted before the parameter, you can use %romfile%.  So your Default Command-Line Parameters would be

%romfile% -localdata

Leave ALL checkboxes UN-checked.  This will then give the full path, including the actual file extension (be it .zip, j64 or whatever), in quotes, to your games ROM file.

You will then see the Sample Command look like

BigPEmu.exe "FULL\PATH\TO\ROM\FILE" -localdata

I don't have this emulator installed so can't provide screenshots. 

EDIT: So I was wrong about the Sample Command. Though it may 'look funny' showing "FULL\PATH\TO\ROM\FILE" at the end, it will indeed replace %romfile% with the "full/path/to/ROM.ext" when executed. 

image.thumb.png.8cebf76d06cb403907f92b8bd64315a7.png

• Like 2

• 8 months later...
On 8/13/2020 at 7:50 AM, harryoke said:

It was just an idea to try , i dont use mame to emulate APF , i use VAPF emu & vapf.txt to automate the loading process

Hi, I know this was years ago but could you explain how to use the vapf.txt file?

I can use vapf and switch games etc, but I want each game to load on its own through LaunchBox.

Thanks,

Andy