LaunchBox Community Forums

Emulator Settings for All Platforms

Jason Carr

32 minutes ago, bundangdon said:

With rocketlauncher, you may not have to use most of these command lines since they use a 'module' system, and you can select the options/features you would like to use or not use within their own interface-program 'rocketlauncherui' 

I see...I'm wishing there was a similar list of commands and exactly where in the RL interface to set those things (as needed)....I guess I'll have to just trial and error it...thanks.

@bd00

Hi, thanks for your script for m2, but I cant make the script works. Could you please post a bat file or check what Im doing wrong?

I made the file on desktop, copy pasted and put the roms and emu paths. But when launch the .bat it opens a cmd and close after a second.

It looks like this:

echo off :: Change these to relevant paths (NO QUOTES) set roms=D:\ROMSM2\ set emu=C:\M2\emulator_multicpu.exe set exe=emulator_multicpu.exe ::############################################################### ::############################################################### ::############################################################### :: Change nothing below here. ::############################################################### set batloc=%~dp0 :: Creates a temp filelist of the romset cd /d "%roms%" for /f "delims=" %%f in ('dir /A-D /B /O:GEN') do echo %%~nf>> "%batloc%\filelist.txt" cd /d "%batloc%" :: Creates a temp batch file which serves as the template to be duplicated echo cd ..> template.bat echo start "Emulator" "%emu%\%exe%" %%~n0>> template.bat :: Creates a "launcher" batch file for each entry in the filelist mkdir "%batloc%\output" set output=%batloc%\output for /f "usebackq delims=," %%b in (`TYPE filelist.txt`) do copy template.bat "%output%\%%b.bat" del filelist.txt del template.bat :: Moves each batch file to it's own folder cd /d "%output%" for %%m in (*.bat) do ( md "%%~nm" 2>nul move "%%m" "%%~nm" ) :: Finish up msg * Finished! Now rename all folders to the game name. start "" "%output%"

Thanks!

Edited by Trihy

@Trihy Each bat must be in a folder named as the game

here is copy of what is inside bel.bat remember save as rom name bat (bel.bat = rom.bat = behind enemy lines.bat you get the idea?) and to put bat inside folder with game name (folder name = Behind Enemy Lines)

cd /d "C:\Users\PC\Documents\LaunchBox\Emulators\Model 2"
start "Emulator" "C:\Users\PC\Documents\LaunchBox\Emulators\Model 2\emulator_multicpu.exe" %~n0

Edited by Maddoc1007
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Trihy said:

@bd00

Hi, thanks for your script for m2, but I cant make the script works. Could you please post a bat file or check what Im doing wrong?

I made the file on desktop, copy pasted and put the roms and emu paths. But when launch the .bat it opens a cmd and close after a second.

It looks like this:

Thanks!

Can you put a pause into the .BAT and see if it gives an error?

If you don't know how to do that, just edit the .BAT, scroll to the bottom, type the word pause as it's own line and then save it. Run the .BAT and it will not close the CMD window until a key is pressed, so you can see if it reports a bad syntax or some other such issue with the script.

27 minutes ago, Maddoc1007 said:

@CTRL-ALT-DEFEAT put a pause at end of bat ran it, exited game, it leaves CMD window open until a key is pressed once key is pressed it exits CMD no syntax error or error of any kind or issues.

The error would be in the CMD prompt itself, so you'd have to keep it open and scroll through it. :)

Try this, edit the .BAT, remove the pause line and add this instead:

copy > log.txt

Run the batch file. It should output a file called log.txt in the same location as the .BAT file. This text file should contain any possible issues, so copy and paste whatever is in it here.

OMG, so much help and info!

Thanks guys, I ll have access to the pc a little later today and will post findings.

Edit: @Maddoc1007, did the bel.bat as you say and seems it´s working. I have to try on launcher, but at least clicking the bat file will launch the game.

Will report later.

Edit2. Not sure why, it only launch fine bel.bat. Copy the bat and replaced the name with other roms, but just open the emulator and wont load rom.

Edit3. My bad, launch most games fine, just a few wont launch. 

Edited by Trihy

Hi, thanks, that way works fine.

I was trying to have some bat files to make it more compatible with all the launchers in case I want to share some. But still no luck. Tried to launch the bat files with other launchers and m2 emulator will just open without launching game.