LaunchBox Community Forums

Delete Rom option in bigbox

Talantyyr

Would it be possible to add the delete game option to bigbox (as i continue to discover games i really don't like recently) including the option to delete the file to and not just the launchbox link? In launchbox the delete game option doesn't delete the rom file. (At least not if the "use rom file in their current location option is used)

In LaunchBox you can use the right click menu and choose open game folder then you can delete it from there. Then go back to LaunchBox and delete it from your list. I'm personally weary about deleting roms from LB but if it was implemented with a prompt to either remove it from LB or delete it permanently and then another prompt saying are you sure you want to remove this game from your hard drive then I wouldn't care. I don't know if Jason plans on adding delete features to BigBox or not. I think a majority of the management is meant to be handled by LB and that BigBox is meant to compliment LaunchBox not to take its place by doing everything that LB does. That being said I am sure if people support the idea then it could be added to the list.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'd also support this in a BIG way, would be a MAJOR help to have the option for "delete" to actually delete the LB entry but the rom file as well. I'm losing my mind going through and having to manually jump back and forth to delete those I don't want. Would love to see this...I'd be using it like crazy right now, lol.

At the top "Report Issue / Feedback" leads to our BitBucket page. Here you can search for these features that users request, if it exists vote for it, if it doesn't exist you are more than welcome to create it yourself. This is the best way for Jason to track what features to implement first as he works on a democratic process.

I would also like to see this option... it's one of those things that would save a lot of time if you are going through a large number of files. (a confirmation dialog would make sure you didn't accidentally delete a file) I also wouldn't mind seeing the "import rom" on the right click menu... although that's a minor issue.

We already have drag and drop to import ROMs the option to import ROMs from the tools menu and you can click add in the bottom right corner to add a single game. I'm all for redundancy to do things it happens to be one of the things that I love about Windows but how many methods do we really need. That said if it isn't hard to implement, wouldn't take up much development time and other users liked the idea then who am I to say it shouldn't be implemented.

well all want faster, and Moore..but i have realized that any good arcade cab will take alot of time......... and i will never be complete. every time i think im just a bought there ....no im stating to think that it is me...and it is.... i love that i keeps me occupied ..what ells would i do... im 40 and this is my fix thanks jason! "" im ok with the way things are but butt That said if it isn't hard to implement, wouldn't take up much development time and other users liked the idea then who am I to say it shouldn't be implemented. ""

Drybonz said I would also like to see this option... it's one of those things that would save a lot of time if you are going through a large number of files. (a confirmation dialog would make sure you didn't accidentally delete a file) I also wouldn't mind seeing the "import rom" on the right click menu... although that's a minor issue.
I would still prefer an option for the function to be turned off, I know I have myself accidentally pressed "Yes" on pop up boxes when I wasn't paying attention, and with a big group of people, maybe some alcohol... I rather not having the option there under those circumstances :P

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So Jason does have interest in making more features available in Big Box, but remember that LaunchBox is primarily the way you manage roms, and Big Box is mainly for playing them. Still though, someone should probably create a ticket for it by clicking Issues/Requests at the top of the Forums, if there isn't already a ticket for Big Box. I know this was a feature long requested for LB, so there's plenty of tickets for that, but there needs to be a Big Box one so Jason knows the active interest in it. That goes for ANY feature request. Check to see if there is a ticket for it, if one exists then please vote on it, and if one doesn't exist then feel free to create a ticket on it. Don't forget to vote on your own tickets, and you can even post the ticket link on this thread, or any related threads if you're making a ticket, so others can see it and vote on it.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/8/2018 at 1:30 AM, We1Dont7Die said:

After asking if you'd like to delete the ROM another prompt asks if you'd like to delete the Additional Application ROMS...what are the application ROMS?

That is if there are mulitple roms. For example a USA version and a European version, they have been consolodated into 1.