LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBoxPCSX2, an in-between launcher for LaunchBox and PCSX2

XoRRoX

17 hours ago, itsmeblake said:

I have over 600 PS2 titles and never come across the need for this. I'm not trying to be a jerk, just want to know if this can help to improve my experience.

What I do have need for is the ability to save video settings for certain games. I've yet to find a need to change button mapping for a single game.

:)

Thanks for asking - it means I wasn't clear enough to explain its purpose in the first place ;)

In PCSX2 there's functionality to have a different configuration file for certain games. You have to copy the ini-files, then specify to use that config on the command-line.

I thought that it would be handier to automate that. By using LaunchboxPCSX2, you can let it create a game-specific ini-files by pressing a joystick or keyboard combo. Next time you start the game, it detects that there is a game-specific config file and uses that automatically. After that, in PCSX2 you can change whatever config option you want - effectively it will only affect that specific game. Next time it will use that game-specific config again.

If no game-specific config is found when starting a game, it'll start PCSX2 with the generic config.

LaunchboxPCSX2 also provides the option to delete the game-specific config again - in case you want to use the generic config again, for whatever reason.

As an extra, you can save and load states with a joystick combo in PCSX2.

Hope this clarifies it sufficiently. If not, feel free to ask :)

On 10/28/2016 at 1:10 PM, XoRRoX said:

:)

Thanks for asking - it means I wasn't clear enough to explain its purpose in the first place ;)

In PCSX2 there's functionality to have a different configuration file for certain games. You have to copy the ini-files, then specify to use that config on the command-line.

I thought that it would be handier to automate that. By using LaunchboxPCSX2, you can let it create a game-specific ini-files by pressing a joystick or keyboard combo. Next time you start the game, it detects that there is a game-specific config file and uses that automatically. After that, in PCSX2 you can change whatever config option you want - effectively it will only affect that specific game. Next time it will use that game-specific config again.

If no game-specific config is found when starting a game, it'll start PCSX2 with the generic config.

LaunchboxPCSX2 also provides the option to delete the game-specific config again - in case you want to use the generic config again, for whatever reason.

As an extra, you can save and load states with a joystick combo in PCSX2.

Hope this clarifies it sufficiently. If not, feel free to ask :)

Sounds like it will work for me :)

• Like 1

XoRRox, thanks for the software! 

I started playing with it yesterday and I get a weird behavior that I cannot solve.

In launchbox emulator settings, if I point to pcsx2.exe and pass the --nogui parameters, my games load fine.

When I keep the exact same config in launchbox but change the exe to you program (with --nogui), pcsx2 starts but stays in the background, never gets focus and do not go fullscreen.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

55 minutes ago, Klamp said:

XoRRox, thanks for the software! 

I started playing with it yesterday and I get a weird behavior that I cannot solve.

In launchbox emulator settings, if I point to pcsx2.exe and pass the --nogui parameters, my games load fine.

When I keep the exact same config in launchbox but change the exe to you program (with --nogui), pcsx2 starts but stays in the background, never gets focus and do not go fullscreen.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

I'll have to look into it. I'll let you know, okay?

• 3 weeks later...

First of all thank you for this software XoRRoX

how can i disable the controller shortcuts ? i mean i would like to control all the functions by using the keyboard only...

For those who want to use this  for save per game settings only, without using controller shortcuts( like me )what should we do ?

Another problem is that when i use this  app you've made the launchbox automation only closes the game screen but it does not close the gui pcsx2 windows, how can i solve this ?

Edited by StuDentBR

• Jason Carr unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, lordmonkus said:

A very good alternative to this program is Sepctabis http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Spectabis-Advanced-Game-Launcher-Frontend

Setting up Spectabis to be the emulator in Launchbox and then importing your PS2 games into Spectabis and configuring each game in it is a much more intuitive way in my opinion.

Just an alternative that is all.

That is a good idea i will try this out, do you know if it works with .cso files ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hold down Shift or Joystick Button 7 (L2 on my PS2 Joystick) while launching a game in LaunchBox to create a Game-Specific Configuration for that game.
     Any option you change will be configured specifically for this game only."

Sorry been a while since I used this, does that mean any change from after you've launched the game, or does it apply whatever settings you already put to that game?

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 11/5/2016 at 8:03 PM, XoRRoX said:

I'll have to look into it. I'll let you know, okay?

Hi XoRRoX, first of all, thanks for your awesome app, I love to use it with my Launchbox to use per game specific settings :P

I ran into the same problem as Klamp. In my case, I use the params "--fullscreen --fullboot --nogui"

Btw, the problem is located between 0.03c and 0.05, I used 0.03b for years, and all works fine, but today, I founded that this program was updated, and my PCSX2 stays in the background, and don´t enter fullscreen unless I click the screen twice. If I go and use the 0.03b again, all is solved.

I don´t know if the 0.05 worths the update, but I´ll keep with 0.03b for now. The question is: Do you plain to solve this...errr... bug?

Thanks in advance, and again, thanks for this awesome program ;)

• Like 1

Hi all,

First I want to say I'm very sorry not having been able to maintain this. Life changed quite a bit back then (in a positive sense).
Thanks for all your interest in this.

I dug up the old code and I think the issues people ( @Klamp @rotatorkuf @firion @LuismaSP89 ) were experiencing are now fixed.
I also added an option (requested by @StuDentBR) to disable the joystick functions.

You can download it in the first post.

If there's anything please let me know. My time for this kind of things is still very limited so I can't make any promises (I hate false promises) to fix it in a short while.

Cheers.

Edited by XoRRoX
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, XoRRoX said:

Hi all,

First I want to say I'm very sorry not having been able to maintain this. Life changed quite a bit back then (in a positive sense).
Thanks for all your interest in this.

I dug up the old code and I think the issues people ( @Klamp @rotatorkuf @firion @LuismaSP89 ) were experiencing are now fixed.
I also added an option (requested by @StuDentBR) to disable the joystick functions.

You can download it in the first post.

If there's anything please let me know. My time for this kind of things is still very limited so I can't make any promises (I hate false promises) to fix it in a short while.

Cheers.

Now works like a charm! Thanks a lot for your awesome work ^^

• Like 1

• 7 months later...