LaunchBox Community Forums

Super Famicom - Super Nintendo back and forth

moppedz

Maybe we should retake the discussion about making public who changes what and who adds what and so on.

Pros:

It provides a sense of responsibility because by seeing your name displayed on a change, it is more likely for said person to be more careful and dedicated.

Cons:

This puts some pressure on people and in some cases this could lead to drama and verbal violence due to know who rejects what.

@Jason Carr Yeah Jason, because these new superfamicom issue, i've seen adding duplicates on superfamicom entry like the rushing beat saga, i've been deleted time ago and now the 3 games are now again in their japanese titles despite i've adding the asian cover info on their super nintendo entries. RIval Turf/Brawl Brothers/The Peacekeepers

5 minutes ago, Freestate said:

yes, i'm pushing this into the other direction to make some noise to adress this issue now

You're not helping your case. Stop doing this. If you persist, we'll need to take action. They're being rejected, repeatedly, for reasons that have already been explained.

It's going to happen, just chill.

• Like 2

You're not a crusader for organizational justice @Freestate. These things absolutely should be discussed... in these forums. Tying up valuable moderator time to send some "message", knowing full well that it's going to be rejected, isn't the way to do that, and it isn't going to continue. Trust me, discussions like this do not go unheard. Jason is probably one of the most receptive devs that I've ever dealt with when it comes to listening to and actually implementing changes based on the needs of the community. It will happen. You don't need to bludgeon people over the head.

I say, that i'm the responsible. You don't need to seek internal info. If in the guidelines say platforms are merged and the asignation are, as i say, plenty of errors, no documented in guidelines. i've think that the correct option is going back to snes tag. If you see a mistake over and over, you don't correct it?

Just now, Zombeaver said:

You're not a crusader for organizational justice @Freestate. These things absolutely should be discussed... in these forums. Tying up valuable moderator time to send some "message", knowing full well that it's going to be rejected, isn't the way to do that, and it isn't going to continue. Trust me, discussions like this do not go unheard. Jason is probably one of the most receptive devs that I've ever dealt with when it comes to listening to and actually implementing changes based on the needs of the community. It will happen. You don't need to bludgeon people over the head.

Yes. you're right, i've overeact because in the last months i'm contributing with lot of work on the snes database and i've saw that still remains more than 500 games to add, i've feel a little alone in this task and i've feel a little angry for this issue, because i'm really concerned to complete and really impatient waiting for alternate names and regioal info. As i say, apologies for the shitstorm. I wait for oficial response.

• Like 2

On 12/08/2016 at 5:27 PM, Jason Carr said:

Sorry for the trouble here, guys. I will be getting back to the games database early next week and we can combine platforms, add alternate names, etc.

Very good news ! It was getting on my nerves and I was slowly but surely losing motivation helping moderate LB Databases

Thank you Jason !

• Like 1