LaunchBox Community Forums

Theme: CleanBG - discussions

niglurion

56 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Alright, new beta is out that adds new platform image folders for the themes; take a look at the Default theme when you can @niglurion.

Basically, the way this works, is if you include platform images in the right folders inside the theme, they will always override whatever images the user has set up in their collections for as long as that theme is used in Big Box. Of course the user will be able to customize these images themselves as well, so I don't see that as much of an issue as far as flexibility. This should allow theme creators to include images automatically with their themes for the various platforms.

Let me know @niglurion if anything isn't obvious or if something isn't working. To update the theme it would probably be best to re-copy the Default theme and then just replace any XAML files you had changed for the previous version of the theme. It's also important to note, of course, that these changes won't work for anyone without a beta release at this point, but I'm hoping to put out an official release relatively soon.

Also going to try and record some more custom theme tutorial videos this afternoon. :)

Thank you very much! :x

With this update, we can now make one only package for a theme! No more backgrounds archive. Yeah!
Some members didn't understand how to manage fanarts with my theme so this new perspective is welcome! Trully, thank you :D

I'll wait for the next official version of Launchbox before updating the theme in the download section.
I'll work on gifs now (Flash and Photoshop, here I cooooooome!) :ph34r:

Edited by niglurion
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, niglurion said:

Yes, no problem. I'll do that tomorrow :) 

I can't imagine the work it should be :D But yeah, I think it's possible. 

Oh for sure, it'd be a massive pain. But theoretically, gifs could be used in conjunction with videos to create some cool themes per game one at a time by various members of the community. Each uploads their work to the download section and boom. Over time, a lot of games could be themed. I'd be into creating some from gifs.

• Like 1

On 17/8/2016 at 6:35 PM, niglurion said:

There is a new version 1.0.6. 

News tweaks on game views. See below: 

ieyv.jpg

oyng.jpg

Hi, The highlight in the selected cover looks very bad if you want a 3D cover, it´s not a CleanBG problem, default theme too, it will be fantastic if the highlight can adjust the size of the cover, thanks a lot, great work

Edited by kyoken

16 minutes ago, kyoken said:

Hi, The highlight in the selected cover looks very bad if you want a 3D cover, it´s not a CleanBG problem, default theme too, it will be fantastic if the highlight can adjust the size of the cover, thanks a lot, great work

I'll see what I can do for the next update, thank you :) 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, kev25b said:

Is there any chance you could add capcom cps 1-2-3 backgrounds, and also amiga cd32, love the theme btw.

Ok, it wasn't easy but it's done. 
There it is. I'll add them in archives in download section for the next big update. In the meantime, you can take them here. 

I hope it's ok for you :) 

q2kd.jpg

samp.jpg

cl5o.jpg

xn36.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, niglurion said:

There it is. I'll add them in archives in download section for the next big update. In the meantime, you can take them here. 

q2kd.jpg

samp.jpg

cl5o.jpg

xn36.jpg

11 minutes ago, niglurion said:

q2kd.jpg

samp.jpg

cl5o.jpg

xn36.jpg

Thanks dude i appreciate it.

7 hours ago, niglurion said:

Yeah, you're right, sorry. I wrote that in French. I will correct it immediately :$
Thank you!

No worries! This theme is awesome! Loving it.

Also is it possible to change the color of the line under "Information" and the game title in the GamesView? I can change the color of the text easy, but not the line.

43 minutes ago, imdavid555 said:

Also is it possible to change the color of the line under "Information" and the game title in the GamesView? I can change the color of the text easy, but not the line.

Yes, in GameDetailsView.xaml, it's line 34 and 64: :) 

<StackPanel Height="1" Width="auto" DockPanel.Dock="Top" >

<StackPanel.Background>

<LinearGradientBrush StartPoint="0,0.5" EndPoint="1,0.5">

<GradientStop Color="#d8b23e" Offset="0.0"/> <!-- first color -->

<GradientStop Color="#00D8B23E" Offset="1.0"/> <!-- second color -->

</LinearGradientBrush>

</StackPanel.Background>

<StackPanel.Effect>

It's a gradient, so there are two colors. 

• Like 1

I made another gif today, the Game Boy one. Not very inspired but I've got more than 40-50 systems to cover... So, let's move to the next one .
Search sprites takes longer than make the gif, lol.  Now, we've got two or three months of work i guess. Maybe less if someone want to help :D (800x450 pixels. I use Adobe Animate + import and export in Photoshop).

Here's a video (stuttering is from the video):

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, niglurion said:

I made another gif today, the Game Boy one. Not very inspired but I've got more than 40-50 systems to cover... So, let's move to the next one .
Search sprites takes longer than make the gif, lol.  Now, we've got two or three months of work i guess. Maybe less if someone want to help :D (800x450 pixels. I use Adobe Animate + import and export in Photoshop).

Here's a video (stuttering is from the video):

So cool.  But if you're still thinking about making a complete download with all stuff in its own folders pre organized.  I think I'll wait for that.  I'm ashamed to admit it ? but I got confused with the current way. 

17 minutes ago, niglurion said:

yes, when the next official update will be online, I'll make new versions pre organized. Don't worry, it's already working on my computer. :) It's just a matter of time ;) 

Awsome absolutely Awsome.  The work your doing is much appreciated by everyone I would think it's safe to say. 

• Like 1