LaunchBox Community Forums

Is there the way to manually sort platforms?

TONBOX777

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I found a work around. You can go to custom filter, hit the add button, pick the platform you want first down in the filter values, then rename it with an "01" in front or something like that. For example, name it 01-Windows, 02-Arcade, 03-N64, etc. They will list in that order.

• 1 month later...

i know that the sort title option has been added to launchbox, could anyone please show or tell me how I manually do this as I don't know whether its me being a bit thick but I cant see how to do it.

its ok, I have answered my own question. found it at the bottom of the edit platforms field

thank you :-)

Edited by mccronesoap

7 minutes ago, mccronesoap said:

i know that the sort title option has been added to launchbox, could anyone please show or tell me how I manually do this as I don't know whether its me being a bit thick but I cant see how to do it.

Right click on a platform -> Edit:

Sin título-1.png

• 1 month later...

This works pretty good.  Only thing that I noticed in mine is that even with adding a number to the front (02 - Nintendo consoles), It seemed to sort alphabetically for the most part within that title, but then for some reason Nintendo Wii is at the beginning of the list.  But you would assume Nintendo Wii would be towards the end. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi just found this feature and love it, thank you!

i would like to suggest an additional field if I may.  The sort name works great, for exa,ple, I name all my Nintendo systems like:

arcade 01 mame

arcade 02 daphne

arcade 03 sega model 2

etc.

in addition to the excellent sort field, it'd be great to have a "name displayed" field.  That way if I rename an emu, I don't have to go into the folders and rename folders to match the new emu name I just gave it (should I have everything scraped already).  So, three name fields total:

title: default name, what you scrape with

sort field: lets us display the platforms in order we would like

NEW, name displayed: let's us change the name that is displayed without having to change any folder names once something has been scraped

Just a thought, keep up the great work.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the actual way to do this is to allow drag and drop of the platform names to the user's preferred order, and to just remember that.  If they change their mind on what order, then all they have to do is drag the platform name to a different spot, with a line that shows up when in between platforms, so you can tell if you are on top or below whichever one you are around. Done.  Entire sorting platform problem gone.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...