LaunchBox Community Forums

Script To launch DesMume in fullscreen automatically with LaunchBox

Hi,

I made this script to start DeSmuMe (Stand-alone. Not RetroArch) in fullscreen automatically.

These are the steps for using the script:

1) Extract the attached file "desmume.zip" in the folder where you have the executable of the emulator. 

2) Open "desmume.vbs" with a text editor and replace "DeSmuME_0.9.11_x86.exe" with your executable file name. Save the file "desmume.vbs"

3) On launchbox go to Tools / Manage Emulators, select your DeSmuMe emulator and click Edit.

4) In "Emulator Application Path" select "desmume.vbs" file (Filter All Files in Browse) instead of the emulator executable.

In "Default command-line parameters" enter "/rompath:"

Check the option "No space before ROM"

Click okdesmume.png

4) Play Little Red Riding Hood's Zombie BBQ B| (If you bought it )

I'm a noob in vbscript, if you know an easier way to solve this problem, tips are welcome.

(Sorry for bad Great Britainnnish)

desmume.zip

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Thanks for this @Sdentau92. :)

You might get some more traffic and some better exposure if you'd be willing to upload this to the Downloads section. You can put it in the third-party apps and plugins category. :)

Thanks for the information. I will add it

6 hours ago, lordmonkus said:

Cool, but have they implemented an option to use the right analog stick on a controller as a stylus like the Retroarch core ?

I don't know if there is this option but stand alone version in general its better in my computers.

Retroarch version in my desktop crash when I load roms and in my notebook framerate its lower compared to the stand alone version, so I did this script to contain my rage. They have angered the wrong Sardinian...

• Like 1

Yeah the Retroarch version is slower and even on my main gaming rig it can chug a bit without some tweaking. Though once I did so some tweaks it is running fine with a slight upscale and a shader. It suits my needs since I don't really play much DS. Handhelds just don't scale very well to a larger screen and the DS is made more awkward with the stylus emulation, though using the mouse isn't that bad but it is a bit awkward taking your hand off the controller for the mouse.

I can't do fullscreen, looks horrible to me. I run all of my handhelds in a bezel after being scaled down a bit. NDS in particular I run standalone as RA Core is a bit more buggy and I use the Launchbox/RocketLauncher marriage to run this pretty bezel here.

http://imgur.com/a/yuYxa

Edit: @lordmonkus Do you have controller companion? I use that for various automation needs, it also doubles as a mouse via controller when I'm playing NDS :)

Edited by Zeromod

• 4 months later...

I setup this Autohotkey script with Launchbox to get DESMUME (not Retroarch) to run fullscreen:

WinWaitActive, DeSmuME
Send !{Enter}

The script waits for a window including "DeSmuME" in the title to become active and then sends ALT+ENTER for fullscreen.

I have setup Desmume to "Always stay on top" and in desmume.ini i added Show=0 under the Console section to hide the console.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 26/12/2016 at 8:15 PM, Grulug said:

I know this post is old but just wanted to say that you to OP, got fullscreen working :D

Great! I'm glad it works for you

On 28/12/2016 at 10:58 AM, Crush said:

I setup this Autohotkey script with Launchbox to get DESMUME (not Retroarch) to run fullscreen:

WinWaitActive, DeSmuME
Send !{Enter}

The script waits for a window including "DeSmuME" in the title to become active and then sends ALT+ENTER for fullscreen.

I have setup Desmume to "Always stay on top" and in desmume.ini i added Show=0 under the Console section to hide the console.

Excellent! Finally a new entry for the Desmume Auto Fullscreen Jam Session :D I will try it

Thanks

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 22/9/2017 at 9:56 PM, fredistehboss said:

When I click a game: "An error occured while trying to launch the game: The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform." help? (I'm trying to use X432R)

What is your OS?

On 17/5/2017 at 7:10 AM, Freestate said:

error with the script attatched and error with the autohtokey script.please!!

Can you post a pic of your errors?

Aniway the new version of desmume core in retroarch for me works very well as the standalone version. Try it

I tried X432R version. For me it's better only for Dragon Ball Kai: Ultimate Butouden that in retroarch core have graphics glitches.

For other games that I tested, retroarch core it's faster and with better screen layout options and all the others great features of retroarch.

At 3x resolution frame rate it's not full speed both on retroarch and stand alone version. It's better to set at 2x

So in launchbox i think it's better to set retroarch as default NDS Emulator now :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...