LaunchBox Community Forums

BarTop Theme (WIP)

viking

Thanks guys. :D

@Nyny77 : Pour le moment, les vues "jeux" ont le moteur vidéo standard de BB. BETA donc ;)  (For now, the "game" views have the standard BB video engine. So BETA)

@GreenGriffon : I find this view not very elegant. That's why I didn't integrate it. But I could always upload it alone, replacing one of the other views. I don't think we can exceed the original 5 views (?)

@kmoney : wow ! thx man !! Very appreciated here :$

I invite you to continue the discussion on the theme topic. I haven't found how to close this thread, so please post it here now:

• kmoney locked and unlocked this topic
On 15/11/2016 at 11:48 PM, GreenGriffon said:

Hey Viking, this theme is really terrific. I'm using the beta right now, and I think I'm going to keep this as my permanent theme.

One request though - if it's not too much trouble, could you please leave in the view you had earlier where the games are displayed by their clear logos?

Pretty please!

Theme_BarTop_WIP_016.jpg.de0c68dcc686e8644455f031ba721226.jpg

I've suggested the same in this thread, now it has covers

• Like 1

Hello Viking, this theme is so beautiful to me that I would like it use it as my default one :D  

Since I use a 4K TV for my display I am forced do increase the windows system text size to 300% - otherwise nothing is readable on the screen... Unfortunatley the text information in the theme seems also to be increased by this factor. This problem does not occure in the standard or defualt theme that Jason has created. Maybe he has an idea or solution to this. On the other hand maybe there is a quick fix: something like a change of a parameter in the theme. I would have no problem to do this manually just for my system if this is possible.

Thanks an keep on running ;)  

Thx @8bitHunter =)

I dont have a 4K TV on hand to test ^^  But yes, most of the theme texts have a font size set in the code. (Except list view that is managed by the engine.I don't have a hand on it) In fact, in this theme, there is only the date as fixed text. The entire list block is managed by the engine.

To adjust by hand, search in the view you wish to modify:

<!-- PLATFORM DATE -->

<Viewbox StretchDirection="DownOnly" Stretch="Uniform" Grid.Column="20" Grid.Row="15" Grid.ColumnSpan="5" Grid.RowSpan="2" >

<TextBlock Text="{Binding Path=SelectedPlatform.ReleaseDate, StringFormat=yyyy}" Foreground="White" FontFamily="Segoe UI Semibold" FontSize="60" TextAlignment="Center" HorizontalAlignment="Right" Opacity="0.85">

<TextBlock.Effect>

<DropShadowEffect BlurRadius="0" Direction="270" Opacity="0.85" ShadowDepth="3"/>

</TextBlock.Effect>

</TextBlock>

</Viewbox>

And changes the value:

FontSize="60"

=)