LaunchBox Community Forums

BarTop Theme (WIP)

viking

Work in progress : new image set. ^_^  More polish, some modification and new home made games icons set.

Theme_BarTop_WIP_020.jpg

# PLATFORM VIEW 01 :

To finish, I wait the left item align option + transparency. Variant will probably be like my EmulationStation theme. With/without scanline/banner.

Theme_BarTop_WIP_014.jpg# GAMES VIEW 01 :

Simple list mode. Cover angle and drop shadow are coded. No image changes need. I cant change the text size. Ideas ?

Theme_BarTop_WIP_015.jpg# GAMES VIEW 02 :

ClearLogo wheel. I'm still not happy with this view. The silver ring is fixed in the background. Not very elegant.

Theme_BarTop_WIP_016.jpg# GAMES VIEW 03 :

Horizontal cover flow. To finish, I wait the item down align + transparency code option.

Theme_BarTop_WIP_017.jpg# GAMES VIEW 04 :

More classic coverflow view. Here with reflect @ 10%.

Theme_BarTop_WIP_018.jpg# GAMES VIEW 05 :

Simple box view. Nothinf fancy here.

Theme_BarTop_WIP_019.jpg=)

Edited by viking
"Broken" ^^
  • Like 3

Everything is almost done. I now await @Jason Carr return and the next developer session focus on BigBox theme. All that remains is some minor adjustment to finalize. I cant upload an unfinished theme, so be patient!

C&C are welcome !!! :D

Well, daily progress :

# GAMES VIEW 01 :

I cant change the text list size or effect, like drop shadows. Any ideas ?

Theme_BarTop_WIP_021.jpg
# GAMES VIEW 02 :

OK, Exit ClearLogo and welcome Boxes. Add a little drop shadows on top ClearLogo. Waiting left align and transparency code option here as well. 

Theme_BarTop_WIP_022.jpg
# GAMES VIEW 03 :

Horizontal cover flow and ClearLogo drop shadow. To finish, I wait the item down align + transparency code option. 

Theme_BarTop_WIP_023.jpg
# GAMES VIEW 04 :

More classic coverflow view. Here with reflect @ 10%. And ClearLogo drop shadow.

Theme_BarTop_WIP_024.jpg
# GAMES VIEW 05 :

Simple box view. Nothinf fancy here. Drop shadows and minor adjustment.Theme_BarTop_WIP_025.jpg

• Like 2

Everything is almost done. I now await @Jason Carr return and the next developer session focus on BigBox theme. All that remains is some minor adjustment to finalize. I cant upload an unfinished theme, so be patient!

C&C are welcome !!! :D

Well, daily progress :

# GAMES VIEW 01 :

I cant change the text list size or effect, like drop shadows. Any ideas ?

Theme_BarTop_WIP_021.jpg
# GAMES VIEW 02 :

OK, Exit ClearLogo and welcome Boxes. Add a little drop shadows on top ClearLogo. Waiting left align and transparency code option here as well. 

Theme_BarTop_WIP_022.jpg
# GAMES VIEW 03 :

Horizontal cover flow and ClearLogo drop shadow. To finish, I wait the item down align + transparency code option. 

Theme_BarTop_WIP_023.jpg
# GAMES VIEW 04 :

More classic coverflow view. Here with reflect @ 10%. And ClearLogo drop shadow.

Theme_BarTop_WIP_024.jpg
# GAMES VIEW 05 :

Simple box view. Nothinf fancy here. Drop shadows and minor adjustment.Theme_BarTop_WIP_025.jpg

EDIT :

Little update today.

Add a drop shadow on banner image. (hardeware here)

Theme_BarTop_WIP_026.jpg

Custom title logo on option pages.Theme_BarTop_WIP_027.jpgAnother very tiny solid shadows on text list. I like it ^^Theme_BarTop_WIP_028.jpgSee you next week ! =)

• Like 2

OK. Waiting the next @Jason Carr developer session focused on BigBox theme, I think about incorporating custom video platform.

If I already my idea on design, I still have problem with code. I asked for help in this topic, so thank you for helping me ! If I make videos in 4:3 for my bartop, lots of people will not be able to use them. As if I did 16:9 it will be standard.

Here is a preview of what I have in mind. :/ What do you think ?Nintendo Entertainment System.jpgSuper Nintendo Entertainment System.jpgNintendo GameCube.jpgArcade.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

@viking Refresh me on specifically what you need. :)

@Jason Carr : Thanks for asking ! :D  So :

• The ability to choose the wheel item alignment  (Left / Center / Right) In the example below, it will be left aligned.Theme_BarTop_WIP_026.jpg
  • Will be working with any type of media. In this example, I replaced the ClearLogo by Covers.Theme_BarTop_WIP_022.jpg
  • The same, but in horizontal version. (Down / Center / Up) In the example below, I want to align down.Theme_BarTop_WIP_023.jpg
  • Still in the wheel, the ability to choose the opacity of the selected item and others separately.
  • And the ability to use "Platform" pages code line into "Games" pages. It will be nice, for exemple, to call the platform logo in game pages.

I know I'm asking a lot. :$ Thank you anyway for your great work here Jason !!!

Gotcha. I *think* everything should be covered already sans for the alignment issue, @viking. Loving that theme, by the way. :)

You should be able to switch the image type by changing the ImageType field on the FlowControl. The horizontal version should also already be possible with something like this:

<coverFlow:FlowControl x:Name="FlowControl" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" VerticalAlignment="Stretch" Grid.Column="0" Grid.ColumnSpan="3" ImageType="ClearLogo" CurveAmount="0" CameraZPosition="9" VisibleCount="14" PageSize="6" ItemZPosition="1.0" SelectedItemZPosition="3.0" Spacing="3.8" Panel.ZIndex="1" >

<coverFlow:FlowControl.CoverFactory>

<coverFlow:HorizontalWheelCoverFactory />

</coverFlow:FlowControl.CoverFactory>

</coverFlow:FlowControl>