LaunchBox Community Forums

Nostalgia |4:3| video Set

viking

UPDATE with both design for the Super Nintendo. (SNES + Super Famicom) No change on first one. Only renaming.

• Super Nintendo Entertainment System FR :Super Nintendo Entertainment System FR.jpg
  • Super Nintendo Entertainment System US :Super Nintendo Entertainment System US.jpg

I know, I know ! This is not the right name/country/design. Tell that to the marketing guy at Nintendo France. ^^ But at least these two videos cover the 2 design! Choose the one that matches your memory =)

Edited by viking
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Aurel said:

@greengriffon  :    @viking already made a very nice Sega Megadrive vid you can use as a genesis one. As far as I know, they're very (very) similar in shape and color. Am I wrong?

I believe he is referring to the second model of Genesis, the compact design like what is shown in the Sega 32x video. If viking has the time and ambition to do it, I too would appreciate it if a second model genesis was available as an option but have no problem sticking with the mega drive video if not. @vikingThanks for the US version of SNES.

8 hours ago, GreenGriffon said:

Yes. They're not all that similar.

AH. That's interesting!

I was surprised by your post, you seemed very sure. But I was very sure they were identical myself, because I had a Genesis AND a megadrive back in the days.

100 mega shock:  the megadrive 2 is also called Genesis! Glad to know : )

megadrive.png

Woot for the famicom video, you rock, as always!

ScummVM really would be a tricky one. All your videos are great because they're hardware focused. Scumm is related to Apple 2, C64, Dos, Amiga, Atari St... You just can't make a version of each.
As far as I would love you to do one, maybe that's the line? This path then leads to Touhou, Daphne, Electronic Games, MUGEN, etc... That's a lot of work.

Edited by Aurel

Thx =)

Yes, it's more complicated. But not impossible.:D For arcade emulator is "easy". Just customize an arcade cabinet in emulator color. I think I will do the same for ScrummVR: find a old generic computer and customize it. Of course, some purist may recognize the computer model, but I have no choice!

• Like 2

Viking, thank you thank you thank you for your beautiful work!

These collections are reminiscent of my childhood and I really appreciate your contribution.

I have a one question. I'm running Bigbox on 1080P TV and I want it to stretch proportionally with same ratio (please see attached file). You will see black part on left and right side. This is much better than full stretch because it will make console CRT monitors look .ugly. Do you know which xaml file I should edit in theme folder?

proportionally stretch.jpg

This is NEC PC Engine Duo, no ? For me, here is the PC Engine CD : pcengine-cd.jpg

For this one, I find no good photo ... :(

Who is right ? Which use? ^^

@xmas :

About the video stretch, yes it's better. Again, I work on a theme that will display the video correctly, regardless of the ratio of the monitor.

Les fichiers XAML sont dans Themes / <theme name> / Views / 

• PlatformWheel1FiltersView.xaml
  • PlatformWheel2FiltersView.xaml
  • PlatformWheel3FiltersView.xaml
  • PlatformWheel4FiltersView.xaml
Edited by viking

1 minute ago, viking said:

This is NEC PC Engine Duo, no ? For me, here is the PC Engine CD : pcengine-cd.jpg

For this one, I find no good photo ... :(

Who is right ? Which use? ^^

I think PC-Engine Duo is fine because it plays both PC-Engine CD-ROM² & PC-Engine Super CD-ROM².

This one won't play any Super CD-ROM². Duo is exactly same as PC-Engine CD with more feature and compatibility, FYI.