LaunchBox Community Forums

Guide: Cheap Arcade Light Guns with Touchemote

The MAME configuration is basically set up to work with an XBox 360 controller. The only 'unique' thing about it is that the left-stick controls the cursor. Other than that, it's just a standard controller configuration. i.e, A= Button 1, B= Button 2, X= Button 3, Y=Button 4 etc...

When you use Touchmote, you are mapping the controls to an Xbox 360 controller, not MAME. As most gun games use button 1 for the trigger, it makes sense to map the Wiimote trigger as "A".

So, no you shouldn't have to change anything in MAME, except Time Crisis, where button 1 is the foot pedal and button 2 is the trigger.

JUst for the purposes of ensuring anyone else reading this in the future avoids my school boy error!    Player 1 gun works perfect with Tomkun's settings.  However i just could not get P2 working.  Then I realised why!

I had 2 profiles in Touchmote, player 1 was switched to Tom's 'zapper' settings, however I didnt realise you had to do that for both controllers!  Held home button wii mote for 3 secoinds and selected zapper.  Now both guns work! 

Thank you Tomkun, amazing assistance you have provided me with over the last few days, cant thank you enough.

Now just to work out how i make the zapper profile the default.  ALso still have some reboots to do to ensure it remembers P2 gun settings :)

Hi people I need support for touchmode...?

I have two wiimote and nunck and mayflash dolphin bar but the wiimote work when select 4 in dolphin bar but when run touchmote don't pair my wiimote and touchmote say don't view any recive bluetooth device...what? But I have a dolphin bar why say request bluetooth device? Thanks for support people and sorry for my english please help me!?

i know... i set the dolphin in all mode 1-2-3-4 but i have same error...

i don't know i have this error but the dolphin bar work and pair the wiimote but touchmote no!

you have any solution? Thanks..

i reinstalling the last version on touchmote and i have the same error same error... 

I tried to solve working 4 hours without result

error.png.ad0975e49b31f9e05388e62f52e92360.png

Vitamina1984,

Touchmote WILL show error about bluetooth with Dolphinbar anyway, even after successful Wiimote connection, that's normal.

You may have connection issues if you are using a chinese Wiimote copy (especially with built-in MotionPlus) and are not lucky - if that so, nothing can be done here.
And the chance that it's a shitty copy is >90% if you've bought it as a new one on ebay or aliexpress - there are many cases that Wiimotes bought simultaneously from one seller behave differently.
For our purposes, it's a good idea to buy a used one from ebay or even from hands IRL  with an agreement to check if it works and return if no.

I have almost the same issue with one of my not-genuine wiimotes
it works with Dolphinbar with no problems in modes 1-2-3, but mode 4 fifty-fifty, and even if pairs, Touchmote does not see it
The second one works but loses connection very often.

If you have a genuine one, try reinstalling Touchmote's drivers, run it as admin or use older version.
Also, you may need to update Dolphinbar's firmware.

And Dolphinbar's hardware revision also can have some influence - there are 2 bar types. The old one has 1 switch on the back, as I remember, and actual has 2.
In the case of old one nothing can be guaranteed

Dunno what what else could be here in your case

The alternative option for you is using connection with a BT adapter + Touchmote, or another software like Toids Wiimouse.
It's much cooler than Touchmote but it works ONLY with BT adapters, there's no Dolphinbar support.
And it needs a straight hands to adjust its settings - it's not such user-friendly, and to make it work perfect you may need to learn
about such things as PPJoy virtual drivers and Glovepie scripting.
But if you are friends with the last thing, you may need nothing except Glovepie Itself ))

But it's hard to find an adapter that will work without issues - most of them have connection or distance issues and don't remember pairing.
And the really good ones are not produced anymore for a few years, and possibility to find them on ebay is almost 0.
So you may buy several different ones that are available for you and pray for luck.

The ideal option here is making a DIY adapter using a native Wii's bluetooth chip J27H002, 3.3v voltage regulator  like LD1117V33  and standard USB 2.0 connector\cable.
All of them can be bought on Aliexpress
. There were 1-2 tutorials somewhere how to.
It's fun, but people say that cadavre works with native Windows drivers.
That needs to learn howto solder electronics, but the result is perfect connection

ok thank you for you answer is really more difficolt setting wiimote in windows now i test Toids Wiimouse

my control is this... https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B074SGR8JK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and the dolphin bar i have two button  on the back i uptade firmware

i test whit another pc whit bluetooth and another software winusoft but the wiiimote not pair and the use a not mayflash bar touchmote work but not pair the wiimote

now i test whit Toids Wiimouse and not work i surrender because i work for two day for this problem! oh my god is so difficult set the fu.... wiimote

thanks for suport:-)

Your Wiimote is not genuine - it's definitely just a copy.
So the problem is 99.99% in Wiimote and nothing more.
And nothing can be done to make it work.

Most of such ones work good with Wii console but have issues with connecting to pc either with Dolphinbar or regular Bluetooth adapter.
It's normal that your one does not work. So take care of your nerves and don't waste time for that piece of plastic. 
Just throw it out or sell someone who owns a console, or swap with someone on another Wiimote. 

A good Wiimote works with Dolphinbar and Touchmote "out-of-the-box" with no issues.
So the only thing I can recommend - get another Wiimote made by Nintendo, not any other manufacturer and try from the very beginning.
The original one has only "Wii" and\or small rounded "Wii MotionPlus Inside" text on the very bottom under "2" button.
no other manufacturer's text like on yours, no "New2in1", "Motion 2in1",  stuff etc.

I've spent money for 5 different Wiimotes, and only one of them worked, with some problems too, so I've got disappointed
and didn't use them at all - even the one working was not playable. all the days  I've spend investigating what's wrong were the waste of time.

Until I bought a real Wii - a cool one 25th anniversary Mario Red edition
And - holy fffu[...] - its Wiimote from kit worked with Touchmote perfectly - instant connection, Touchmote recognition, no disconnects. 
It was like a kind of magic...

So the best option in your case - find a new separate GENUINE Wiimote, or used one which came with Wii console by default. 
You can find a used Wii console with accessories for 40-50$ if you're lucky
Looking at amazon.it there is one that may be  genuine - Link
That's how the last generation of original Wiimotes should look like.
My perfect one most likely is from that series.

Edited by voradori

grazie mille per la tua risposta 

Ho immaginato che l'unica soluzione che ho trovato era impostare la barra dei delfini in modalità 2 e usare il wiimote come un mouse in modo che funzioni con tutti i giochi e anche in Windows l'unica cosa che non funziona e sulla console non si muove il wiimote anche se il mouse è abilitato in mame in tutti gli altri emulatori per un giocatore 1 poi come leggo in giro suppongo 2 delfino bar due wiimote 2 player .. sai come far funzionare il wiimote come un mouse su mame questo dovrebbe essere visto fare. .. solo su windows e su mame no su questo puoi aiutarmi grazie per la tua risposta ... molto gentile davvero.

Edited by Vitamina1984

ok finalmente due soluzioni:

1- imposta la modalità mayflash bar 2 usa wiimote come usare il mouse (problema nessun credito pulsante e nessun pulsante ricarica e non preciso shoot) 1 player

2 imposta la modalità mayflash bar 3 usa nuncuku con wiimote come simulare la light gun ma non muovi il wiimote muovi il nunchuku (solo 1 problema si ricarica dallo schermo) more player

Edited by Vitamina1984

ora finalmente lavoro alll

yessssssssssss  ?

per i giochi sparatutto impostare la modalità barra delfino 1 ho il tasto per il credito e iniziare sul wiimote perfetto !!!!!

per 1 giocatore 

next day test 2 dolphin bar 2 wimote e vedere il risultato ..

grazie per la tua risposta!

but i have a question is possible rumble vibration wiimote? 

@ voradori

Edited by Vitamina1984

Vitamina1984, please keep your english messages in future, or keep them in both languages

even if your english may be bad, it's still much easier to understand than google translation

Rumble is definitely possible when you use it in Mode 4 or bluetooth connection, by adding a Glovepie script like this

var.rumble = wiimote.B

If Var.Rumble
Wiimote.Rumble = 1
Wait 100ms
Wiimote.Rumble = 0
Wait 50ms
EndIf

And maybe possible in mode 3 by modifyng this script as for directinput\raw gamepad - have no experience in that, so may be mistaken here.

But, I think rumble in modes 1-2 is not possible in same way because wiimotes are tended just as a regular mouses
and can't be hooked as a real wiimote by any software.

as I understand, you want to use 2 dolpinbars in mode1
such a build is something like a zombie cadavre))

so there' s nothing strange that you can't do something.
There is no need in 2 dolphinbars with normal wiimotes.
I sussessfully use single one for 2 and even 3-player configs in MAME.
Also, there's no issues in Sega Naomi lightgun arcades in Demul, for example

There are only two emulators which I couldn't set 2 players with 1 Dolphinbar - PCSXr-lightgun and PCSX2
because their Nuvee plugin, used for lightguns, is very specific.

so, if I was you, I would like to test if another Wiimote and\or another Dolphinbar work with Touchmote in mode4.
I believe there's a real chance that it will, and all your problems will go away.

Edited by voradori