LaunchBox Community Forums

On 7/16/2019 at 6:15 PM, Carl_71 said:

I have just started with this, I have the Wii Remote working as a mouse pointer which works fine in MAME. Even though I set the buttons in the profile as keyboard for example B-left ctrl for fire, 1-6 to enter coins, 2-1 to start game these will not work. The only button on the remote I can get to work with MAME is the fire button but only if I set as left mouse. I do not seem to be able to get the keyboard mapping to work. I must be missing something simple but I can not work it out. I am using MAMEUIFX64 0.175. Also when I go to the TAB menu to set button pressing the Wii Remote buttons does nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

I should also add I am using mayflash dolphin bar and Windows 7 64 bit.

Update 1: Okay I have now worked out how to map buttons by hooking MAME so can do more than just use the mouse buttons.

Update 2: I have installed the 360 controller emulator, if I go into control panel and check the Wii Remote it is showing up as an xbox controller and works in windows. I can not get it to work in MAME when I select left/right stick I get no response. Even if set controller one as XBOX rather than mouse I get no control. Is this a limitation or can I use xbox controller or two light guns in MAME?

Thanks

Carl

When you say 360 Controller Emulator, what do you mean? You should only need Touchmote.

20 hours ago, Tomkun said:

Make sure that your joypad deadzone is set to 0 in mame.ini, any other value can have the effect you're describing. If you've already done that, not sure what it could be.

Setting is correct. See added screenshot.

Other ideas?

BCD9F47B-57BA-4EB6-8958-3B525481880B.jpeg

5 hours ago, Machello said:

Setting is correct. See added screenshot.

Other ideas?

BCD9F47B-57BA-4EB6-8958-3B525481880B.jpeg

OK, I don't see anything obvious there, but you have mouse input disabled, yet are using mouse to emulate the lightgun. Perhaps that is creating a conflict? Also, in my MAME.ini, I have joystick saturation set to 1.0.
Are you using touchmote to emulate a mouse, or a controller?

Posted (edited)

I’m using a XBOX one controller for emulation. It works perfect for 1 game (so far).

i will set saturation to 1 and try again. Will let you know the results.

UPDATE 

Fixed it... I overlooked the .ini files per game (colpipes setup). Almost all gun games had a seperate ini file, Point Blank 1 had none, that's why that one worked with updating mame.ini and rest didn't work perfect. I updated the deadzone in the other ini files and games are working perfect now. 

Me happy 🙂

Edited by Machello

Ive had this working in mame for a while now and its pretty cool. The question i have is how to get it working in retroarch to use gun games and paddles in atari and nes super nes sega genesis and what not also on pcsx2 if its even possible.

6 hours ago, Darkseid001 said:

Ive had this working in mame for a while now and its pretty cool. The question i have is how to get it working in retroarch to use gun games and paddles in atari and nes super nes sega genesis and what not also on pcsx2 if its even possible.

I have only managed to get this setup to work with mame and sega model 2 and 3.  PCSX2 you hasve to use the nuvee plugin which i just thought didnt work well and is one player only.  not managed to get it working on anything else yet !  Worth a try though

45 minutes ago, Darkseid001 said:

Ok cool ill try that for ps2 does it work for psx as well?

It does but its not very good (IMO).  of course if you are using wiimotes then you can of course play the various wii gun games that are available (about 40 or so) 

Hi again,

I installed the lastest official one, at the first time it moves fine the cursor over the windows desktop, I restarted Windows and stopped working that way, I reinstalled several times, but cant make the cursor move work, it just detects the buttons, I read the thread that someone got the same problem but fixed it changing some values, but I dont know which or where modify them.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hi everyone.  I am just getting LB setup on my arcade cab and having some issues with this.  Do i need to use an older version of mame?  Currently I am using the  new and awesome Wolfanoz 2.6 TB build which I believe uses the .208 version of mame.  I haven't been able to get the a and b buttons to register in the mame configuration settings.  the only buttons that will register when setting up the wii mote is the + and - buttons.  

Edited by rom116

Hi, has anyone had issues installing touchmote on windows 10? I can get it installed and working on my desktop windows 10 pc but not the one I have in my arcade cab. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times and nothing seems to work. All I'm trying to achieve is to be able to use multiple wii motes to play 2 player games and also the ability to play model 2 light gun games. Thanks in advance :)

EDIT: Solved my own issue, apparently Microsoft visual c++ wasn't on my arcade cab pc

Edited by karl_mee