LaunchBox Community Forums

Guide: Cheap Arcade Light Guns with Touchemote

11 minutes ago, ThePolish said:

Hmmmm. That would probably be no different than using the dolphin bar on mode 1 without touchmote then. Really what we need is the ability for (I think) dolphin bar to emulate "pointer" and "pointer 2" through dinput and have mame modified to accept direct input. Mame 1.7.4 dinput build already does half of this and with multimouse selected our only hangup is someone smart enough to add the code in to allow wiimote 2 to use "pointer 2" . It wouldn't  get around the raw requirements of mame in a non modified dinput build, but it could work.

The biggest hangup would be what is necessary to add "pointer 2" to the touchmote code. I know @tsoukkis had worked on the code before - maybe he could chime in on how big of a hurdle adding a 2nd emulated pointer would be?

Pointer and pointer 2 meaning pointer on remote one being set to "mouse cursor" on  an option to set "mouse cursor 2" on remote like in the edit layout photo above where only mouse cursor exists.

yeah if we could control 2 mice with touchmote that would be ideal. I also tried this program , and only was able to get one mouse successfully http://home.exetel.com.au/amurgshere/wiimouse.phtml it does seem like it is a good alternative to touchmote though as can do other things. 

Someone on this form mentioned they had sega model 2 working, with glovepie  2 players, however i think its likely with the joystick mode and not pointer. http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=122350.0 

Incase anyone is interested in the future, I spent the day getting  Segamodel 3 working with this method (theres 3 lightgun games for it) (touchmote mouse controller 1 and xbox 360 controller right stick 2) I had to try different svn because with some it wasnt registering my trigger2 in jurrasic park and with some it wasnt registering the x and y axis. Ended up with svn 712 although im sure maybe a newer one will work (newest one 727 wasnt working for me though)

anyways this is how I set my ini for the 3 games incase anyone needs. I set 4 different joy axis in the player 2 movement , on my PC it ended up being joy3 , but I put the other ones there in case it changes in the future.  I couldnt get shoot and reload button working so I had set them to keyboard B and C.

; Light guns (Lost World)
InputGunLeft = "KEY_LEFT"               ; digital, move gun left
InputGunRight = "KEY_RIGHT"             ; digital, move gun right
InputGunUp = "KEY_UP"                   ; digital, move gun up
InputGunDown = "KEY_DOWN"               ; digital, move gun down
InputGunX = "MOUSE_XAXIS,JOY1_XAXIS"    ; analog, full X axis
InputGunY = "MOUSE_YAXIS,JOY1_YAXIS"    ; analog, full Y axis
InputTrigger = "KEY_A,JOY1_BUTTON1,MOUSE_LEFT_BUTTON"
InputOffscreen = "KEY_S,JOY1_BUTTON2,MOUSE_RIGHT_BUTTON"    ; point off-screen
InputAutoTrigger = 1                    ; automatic reload when off-screen
InputGunLeft2 = "NONE"
InputGunRight2 = "NONE"
InputGunUp2 = "NONE"
InputGunDown2 = "NONE"
InputGunX2 = "JOY3_XAXIS,JOY1_XAXIS,JOY2_XAXIS,JOY4_XAXIS"
InputGunY2 = "JOY3_YAXIS,JOY1_YAXIS,JOY2_YAXIS,JOY4_YAXIS"
InputTrigger2 = "JOY3_BUTTON1,KEY_C"
InputOffscreen2 = "JOY3_BUTTON2,KEY_B"
InputAutoTrigger2 = 1

; Analog guns (Ocean Hunter, LA Machineguns)
InputAnalogGunLeft = "KEY_LEFT"               ; digital, move gun left
InputAnalogGunRight = "KEY_RIGHT"             ; digital, move gun right
InputAnalogGunUp = "KEY_UP"                   ; digital, move gun up
InputAnalogGunDown = "KEY_DOWN"               ; digital, move gun down
InputAnalogGunX = "MOUSE_XAXIS,JOY1_XAXIS"    ; analog, full X axis
InputAnalogGunY = "MOUSE_YAXIS,JOY1_YAXIS"    ; analog, full Y axis
InputAnalogTriggerLeft = "KEY_A,JOY1_BUTTON1,MOUSE_LEFT_BUTTON"
InputAnalogTriggerRight = "KEY_S,JOY1_BUTTON2,MOUSE_RIGHT_BUTTON"
InputAnalogGunLeft2 = "NONE"
InputAnalogGunRight2 = "NONE"
InputAnalogGunUp2 = "NONE"
InputAnalogGunDown2 = "NONE"
InputAnalogGunX2 = "JOY3_XAXIS,JOY1_XAXIS,JOY2_XAXIS,JOY4_XAXIS"
InputAnalogGunY2 = "JOY3_YAXIS,JOY1_YAXIS,JOY2_YAXIS,JOY4_YAXIS"
InputAnalogTriggerLeft2 = "JOY3_BUTTON1,KEY_C"
InputAnalogTriggerRight2 = "JOY3_BUTTON2,KEY_B"

1 hour ago, elements604 said:

I set 4 different joy axis in the player 2 movement , on my PC it ended up being joy3 , but I put the other ones there in case it changes in the future

That is genius, that's another issue I've had with dinput. Renumeration of joy1, joy2, joy3 and so on, after reset and at random! I'll try that!

Now go add 2 mice to touchmote LOL!

What do you have shoot and reload set to in touchmote? I think I used xinput A Y B X But I'll have to look. Maybe setting a and z to keyboard keys?

Edited by ThePolish

Just wanted to update that I got Sega model 2 working with touchmote and demul shooter software for 2 player.  Rocketlaucher had an option to load demul shooter for you under the third party tab. Just had to follow the pdf guide and make each controller an Xbox controller. <couldn't figure out how to do one mouse and one controller>

• 4 weeks later...

I can get player 2 to work on the right stick. I am having a problem with player 1 with the mouse cursor. The mouse cursor works in windows and a can see it working when in mame menus but in a game the crosshairs does not seem to move. Is there anything I may have missed. All of my controls are set to mouse x or mouse y. 

12 hours ago, Triton2k3 said:

I can get player 2 to work on the right stick. I am having a problem with player 1 with the mouse cursor. The mouse cursor works in windows and a can see it working when in mame menus but in a game the crosshairs does not seem to move. Is there anything I may have missed. All of my controls are set to mouse x or mouse y. 

I had this issue when using the newer versions of Mame.

Today I realized the trackball was working instead of the wiimote in game. Multi mouse is on. Is there another way I can assign it to the wiimote as a mouse? The wiimote scrolls through the mame menus fine. When I try to set mouse or mousey using the wiimote nothing happens.

Also has anyone tried using left stick and right stick while enabling dual_lightguns?

On 6/23/2018 at 3:30 PM, Triton2k3 said:

We’re you using 185? I think I had an issue with 166 too.

Thanks

.174 and.175 dinput builds  are the only way I could find to get mame to see the mouse. The xinput built in works with the sticks in all versions it seems, but mouse requires these direct input builds.

Edited by ThePolish

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone.
Can't make builded spacorn's version to capture movement - xinput buttons are working, IR sensor not.
It seems to be related to b15 version installed before.
Can anybody share b14 native installer?

UPD
found and installed clear b14
nothing changed - still no IR detection at all
reinstalled touchmote and driver  - still nothing

looks I'll have a fight with Visual Studio at the end.

UPD2
builded with warnings, but had no sussess with sensor

but the issue was just in config - I feel myself like an idiot.
it just didn't want to work with default json values.
playing with values made the magic

Edited by voradori

• 2 months later...

Not sure if this was added or not, but I want to contribute my setup. I run the majority of my games in retroarch and my light gun games MAMEUI64 0.197. I'm on windows 10 with a dolphin bar.

1. Under MAMEUI64 goto options > default system options > controllers > set joystick dead Zone to 0.00 (This allows the wii remotes to be smooth when aiming)

2. Under touchmote I made a layout called MAME. Set the pointer to Left Stick and the rest of the buttons to your prefered Xbox 360 buttons. Controllers is set to all. 

3. Make sure your dolphin bar is set to mode 4, and your wiimotes are connected to touchmote. Launch a light gun game in MAMEUI64. Hit tab and set your wiimotes y by moving the wiimote in a straight line up or down. and x by moving the wiimote in a straight line left or right. Then set additional buttons needed.

4. Enjoy... 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Followed the guide, i have the lightgun working with my dolphin bar and a wiimote. I use the 360 controller to navigate LB/BB, i`m not sure i exactly understand what i should be doing to keep the settings as i want them...

Any help would be great.

Cheers,

Edited by Retro666

8 hours ago, Retro666 said:

Followed the guide, i have the lightgun working with my dolphin bar and a wiimote. I use the 360 controller to navigate LB/BB, i`m not sure i exactly understand what i should be doing to keep the settings as i want them...

Any help would be great.

Cheers,

Keep the settings in which program? Touchmote, BB, RetroArch or mame?

Hi everyone.  Ive got the wiimotes and mayflash dolphin bar. Going to give this a try tomorrow.  My preference is to use a similar setup to DYNAMITE, retroarch for majority of mame games and a seperate Mameui install for lightgun.  Can I just ask what romset would you recommend for best light gun games?  ive got the one that works with MAME2003 but hardly any of the light gun games work.

34 minutes ago, retroplay said:

Hi everyone.  Ive got the wiimotes and mayflash dolphin bar. Going to give this a try tomorrow.  My preference is to use a similar setup to DYNAMITE, retroarch for majority of mame games and a seperate Mameui install for lightgun.  Can I just ask what romset would you recommend for best light gun games?  ive got the one that works with MAME2003 but hardly any of the light gun games work.

I use 0.196 some games still don't work. It's just trial and error. The games I've test to work so far are..

Operation Wolf

Time Crisis (Helicopter bug)

Area 51

Point Blank

Lethal Enforcers

Jurassic Park

I'm sure there are more, I just haven't dug in too deep yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Touchmote lets you emulate gamepads, and as far as I know all guncon games can also be played with a controller, so why not use the controller mode instead of mouse mode for 2 player?

I've not tried it yet, but I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work.