LaunchBox Community Forums

Its working on MAME 0.220. Touchmote IR set up as 360 controller left stick. MAME setup to enable light guns and light guns setup as the 360 controller left stick axes.  Works for 2 players.

I will try to fork the code from Github and post both the code changes, instruction and pre-compiled binaries there. Got to remember how to use github for that, it's been a while.

good morning all

i have a problem from years that i cant solve with thoucmote, my sensor bar is on TOP, when i see the pointer, it seems to be more down than the wiimote, there is a way to force touchmote to regulate the vertical position?

in mame is more down when i use it as JOY Y , as mouse it dont move , i changed all parameters for make mouse as lightgun but nothing, normal mouse works

thanks

On 4/21/2020 at 1:22 PM, Ctrl+Alt+Delete said:

Its working on MAME 0.220. Touchmote IR set up as 360 controller left stick. MAME setup to enable light guns and light guns setup as the 360 controller left stick axes.  Works for 2 players.

I will try to fork the code from Github and post both the code changes, instruction and pre-compiled binaries there. Got to remember how to use github for that, it's been a while.

are you using Tomkun zapper.json and mycontrols ?

are you using xbox controllers?

would it be possible to upload your .json and ctrlr files  for us?

Thank you very much :)

@kidshoalin. Im just using wiimotes with dolphinbar mode 4 and touchmote. IR is setup as left stick in touchmote. I can take snapshots of the touchmote config if that helps.

good morning all!

i use touchmote in a perfect way, mame core of retroarch (2 players too), commodore 64 with vice, amiga, master system, nes, snes, American Laser Games.

here is the problem

PSX (rearmed) and Saturn (mednafen)

PSX:

player 1 , perfect way using mouse pointer

plauer 2, dont move, but if i fire with player 1 , player 2 fire too

I changed all parameters, tried 2 differents layouts on touchmote, used mouse index option (0,1,2,3) nothing... i can't resolve the problem

Saturn:

it seems to be ok but when i need to have 2 players, some games needs the joypad for move in the menus, in this case i use the gun option and second player as joypad for move on the menus, there is a way to do this with gun and joypad as player 1 in the same situation? cause i can choice only GUN or Retropad , can i switch in the game quickly without enter in the RA menu?

thanks

Only way I could get PS1 to work was to use Mednafen (I used as standalone rather than through RA) 

Player 1 is seen as a mouse, but player two is seen a joystick but still acts like a light gun - not perfect but workable. I imagine you could set both up as joystick so they were equal in movement type if you preferred

Maybe others have got PSX or such to work with though.

Does "CTRL + SHIFT + [n]" with n being player number not work in Saturn for changing the controller type? I think you would have to scroll through the controller types from lightgun to gamepad and back to lightgun again so not sure how much of a pain that would be? I know it worked in PS1 when I was being a numpty setting some stuff up, but I haven't done anything with Saturn or RA.

hi i will try mednafen directly thanks!

no i didnt used ctrl shift etc, i will try too thanks! :D

hello guys

i'm new about RAW inputs

i set it on retroarch, but i cant move the crosses with touchmote, only with mouse, how can i set up touchmote for works with raw inputs? i know about mayflash dolphin bar have 4 modes (one is raw mode) but i have a normal dolphin bar, can i do something to recognize the wiimotes as raw mode with normal bar?

On 4/20/2020 at 8:32 PM, Ctrl+Alt+Delete said:

I fixed the problem with Touchmote not reaching the sides of the screen. I had to modify the sourcecode from Github and implement a "linear ratio" for the stick position calculation that is configurable via the settings file. I ended up setting it as 1.4x (it was that bad). I think this is something in the works for Touchmote as I saw some configurable parameters that I tried extensively but just wouldn't work. I also tried the Touchmote-mss fork but I couldn't make it complie.
I wonder if there are any restrictions to post alternative compiled versions of Touchmote online.

Could you please post the code you edited, (specific line and module name). I have no experiece with Visual Studio programming. I did get the tsoukkis fork working without any issues. As you mentioned that work is based on a very outdate version of touchmote.

Although the touchmote project is essentially dead, the newest version has alot of improvements on mouse emulation. I would like to get the best of both worlds, where i can correct stick emulation and get the improvements of the new version.

Been reading many pages on this forum, as far as I comprehend, I suppose it is NOT possible for Touchmote to use a Wiimote IR Pointer as a mouse cursor on a new modern vanilla MAME (0,215b), correct?

I have a Mayflash Dolphin bar using MODE 4, a genuine Nintendo Wiimote and MotionPlus attachment, Touchmote 1.0b15, and MAME0.215b_64Bits. My screen is 4:3 ratio on 1280X1024 resolution using a stock Arcade1UP monitor.

I configured a Wiimote Pointer to use a mouse cursor and edited mame.ini to enable mouse/lightgun/joystick/offscreen_reload,...etc as instructed on the first page. Touchmote simulated the mouse movement just fine outside MAME environment. But in MAME , hitting TAB, it does not detect any mouse movement on both X and Y axis. I can't make it work and saw lots of folks here having the similar problem with no solution update. Maybe I'm wrong but I guess it is no go.

The only way I can make it worked is to configure Wiimote Pointer with either a Left Stick or Right Stick XBOX360 Controller. For me, this workaround is very undesired result. The crosshair movement is very sluggish and can't move to the far edge on the left. I saw a post to fake ratio from 16:9 to 4:3. Mine is already 4:3, so I don't think it is applied.

Perhaps, configuring Wiimote with Touchmote is an obsolete method. Any suggest if there is any other way for Touchmote configuring a Wiimote Pointer as a mouse cursor to work on MAME0.215 or later?

Posted (edited)

hi guys, i definetly found solution, now i have those systems at 95% set for 2 players where possible:

American Laser games

Amiga

Arcade

Commodore 64

Model 2 

Model 3

Teknoparrot

Master System

atari 7800

atari 2600

Psx

PS2

Saturn

Super nintendo

Sega Arcades (like Lupin and others with demul)

NES

WII

Xbox (virtua cop3)

Aliens Extermination

Some games like wii, and aliens extermination i maded 2 versions to launch with and without crosshair

Lot of demulshooter settings maded, script and keys assigned to wiimote

i dont use touchmote, all is in mode 2 , the secret is have 2 mayflash dolphin bars, so you can play all games in 2 players, only wii is in mode 4

i decided to buy wii rifles , maded a lateral button connected to the A button for reload or special weapons, and a small engine for make vibrating it when you shoot (its funny hehehe)

4 months of work and 220 games available for now :)

Edited by neogetter
  • Unusual Gem 1

On 4/21/2020 at 6:22 PM, Ctrl+Alt+Delete said:

Would it be possible to share screenshots of this please? - How do you setup mame to enablew light guns and set them up to 360 left stick axis?

Thanks.