LaunchBox Community Forums

I wanna make one of those cool hyperspin vids

kerszr

HEY! I was seeing the great videos that are being put out by all you guys and I think alot of them are really cool. I would really like to make them but i dont have the right software. I will be happy to send all my finished hyperspin vids to youtube for you guys to use. Again, its a matter of me just needing to know the software.

I would say actually, that if you want to create some videos original ones would be best. @CriticalCid used a fairly complicated process to batch record, encode and output these videos, and there is A LOT of them. In terms of making something from scratch all you need is OBS or DXtory to record footage, Photoshop, Premiere Pro and or Adobe After Effects. Photoshop, Premiere and After Effects is what I use to make everything for LaunchBox myself, with OBS for recording. He used scripts and some odd software to get his job done if I recall. Also, there is some tricky stuff going on with who wants what videos where, and we're extremely lucky that any of this happened at all. There was a few months where we were certain it was never going to. For those specific videos though, a lot of permissions grabbing was needed and they're hosted over at EmuMovies now. Cid can fill you in on the specifics.

• 2 months later...
HI Cid - Checking in to see if you were able to put out a tutorial on recording a theme?

I have a few that I would like to record if possible.

Thank you!

For what system are these themes for? I'm currently doing all the console systems and might already have them recorded. If not, I'll be more then happy to record them for you. Are they hosted over at HS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are your recording available for download anywhere? On Emu Movies FTP I only see arcade systems, about 150 snes games, a couple of game boy and a couple of game boy color.

Ultimately I want recorded themes for every game but right now I am looking for Mario party in 16:9 and Super Mario Bros. I set up playlists for those "platforms" and need a nice platform video.

Someone made a Super Mario Bros. Hyperspin wheel and theme so I was hoping I could record it (attached).

Super Mario.zip

Are your recording available for download anywhere? On Emu Movies FTP I only see arcade systems, about 150 snes games, a couple of game boy and a couple of game boy color.

Ultimately I want recorded themes for every game but right now I am looking for Mario party in 16:9 and Super Mario Bros. I set up playlists for those "platforms" and need a nice platform video.

Someone made a Super Mario Bros. Hyperspin wheel and theme so I was hoping I could record it (attached).

Super Mario.zip

My recorded HS themes will be available on the EmuMovies FTP once Circo releases them. There are about 50 more SNES themes coming and I just did roughly 240 NES themes and about 30 Sega Genesis themes with other consoles coming soon. Unfortunately, themes for every game on every platform simply don't exist. That would be a huge task for someone to tackle with making themes for every game. I simply record what's already available. I'm at work tonight but I'll take a look at the Super Mario theme when I get home tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...
On 20.2.2017 at 8:10 PM, CriticalCid said:

I’ve started with it but put it on hold because it’s a very tedious process to explain every small step I do in my special setup. It will come eventually but I have to find some time and have to be in the right mood to finish it.

Still the same situation. Unfortunately I haven’t found the mood to complete the tutorial that I’ve started as it’s just not any fun and quite a chore. But I will see if I can force myself to finish it sometimes soon.

• Like 1

Not sure how Cid or Riffman do it, but I have just been setting the screen size for Hyperspin in HyperHQ to be larger than my actual screen. I can't remember but you might also need to change the wheel transparency to 0. This way all the Hyperspin text and menus will be either off screen or invisible and not show up in the recording. I then start up OBS or similar and fire up Hyperspin and go to the theme in question and let it record. There might be a fancier way to get a higher frame rate or something but this has worked for me for my own personal use. You also might need to do something to keep transitions and sounds from appearing so you can get a clean recording. I can go into more detail later if anyone needs more help but its kind of hard to do from work.

Edit: This is of course manual and one by one. Not a batch process, but if you are desperate......

Edit 2: See link below for further help with recording themes.

Edited by JaysArcade

Here is a link to the instructions that helped me to record the few themes I was interested in. "Go into HyperHQ and set the wheel style to horizontal and the wheel Y to 1024" This will get the wheel and text off the screen so you can grab the theme without any wheel logos or anything else being in the way while recording. You still may need to go into folders and delete transitions and stuff so they don't overlap into any of the themes. Make a backup first so you can revert in case you delete something you shouldn't.

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forums/topic/29017-how-to-record-themes/

Yes I can do it the slow manual way as well and it turns out pretty well. I am trying to figure out a way to do it in batch because I have made some small changes to a lot of the HS themes such as cut the delay and speed down in the HS themes to make the whole theme load faster and I know @circo is working on new and improved better MAME videos right now as well that will greatly improve the themes so I will probably just wait until he releases the new videos anyway.